JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My dad showed me on his... In his briefcase he has bible highlights from all our latest bible reading.. Section it's from, highlight the. References. I asked how he got it he has no idea. How can I also put bible highlights in my briefcase?

My dad showed me on his... In his briefcase he has bible highlights from all our latest bible reading.. Section it's from, highlight the. References. I asked how he got it he has no idea. How can I also put bible highlights in my briefcase?

Equipd support site: I deleted the Bible Highlights Topic by mistake. Can I get it back?

Hi!  I've had my new ipad for 6 days and absolutely love Equipd.  Either my ipad has issues or my internet does, but this is how my son-in-law showed me to continue downloading when it stalls:  swipe up from the bottom of the screen, tap on the airplane and wait a few seconds.  Tap on the airplane again and close the little screen (or whatever it's called.)  The download will continue.  Parade!!!

I have the Equipd on my iPad also and use it at all the meetings.  My iPad is all I take to the meegtings. Although Equipd has the Bible and Songbook, I prefer the Bible and Songbook on the JWLibrary app.  On Equipd, if you scroll down under the daily text you get the information for the school (based on that Monday's schedule) with links to the information covered.  It also has the Watchtower with a link.  These features come in handy at the meetings.   I love this app.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Equipd on my iPad also and use it at all the meetings. My iPad is all I take to the meegtings. Although Equipd has the Bible and Songbook, I prefer the Bible and Songbook on the JWLibrary app. On Equipd, if you scroll down under the daily text you get the information for the school (based on that Monday's schedule) with links to the information covered. It also has the Watchtower with a link. These features come in handy at the meetings. I love this app.

me too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

The latest Awake I have on equipd is July. Is that possible or didn't mine update? It does update by itself, right?

I'm not sure about the automatic updating, but if you go into Admin>Languages and click "Check For Updates" this may help.

Failing that there is (not recommended) method, which is to scroll to the bottom of that Languages page and click "Force download".

Mine just updated this way to include later Watchtowers and Awakes.

I'm not sure about the automatic updating, but if you go into Admin>Languages and click "Check For Updates" this may help.

Failing that there is (not recommended) method, which is to scroll to the bottom of that Languages page and click "Force download".

Mine just updated this way to include later Watchtowers and Awakes.

That did the trick. Thank you.

It's weird though, because I had 'auto-update' selected.

But at least now I have it.

• 1 month later...

Just in case, does anyone have any idea when Equipd will pick up the service meeting info that's found on WOL daily text page?

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Unless I am reading it wrong, the new "terms of use" posted today on jw.org, may prevent Equipd from accessing anything from the WOL in the future.

http://www.jw.org/apps/index.html?option=YRTNYGRsZF&txtCMSLang=E

I just read this maybe be an issue for this app based on a note from the developer on the Equipd forums.

However, I also read the fix to my problem which is to clear cache on main page then re d/l the page.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Unless I am reading it wrong, the new "terms of use" posted today on jw.org, may prevent Equipd from accessing anything from the WOL in the future.

http://www.jw.org/apps/index.html?option=YRTNYGRsZF&txtCMSLang=E

These pretty much cancels the legality of every app ou there that makes use of wol, even just by linking to it... Apparently this seems bad for the brothers outside of the English language... Or it just meens that jw library app is going to speed up its updates on more content and more languages ;)

No it probably won't make any difference as you are down loading for personal use. Equipt as I understand does not come with the books but downloads them from jw.org not wol.jw.org. However we should not cut and paste to this avd other sites , but rather provide the reference. That way we always have fresh , untainted information.

Hartley

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

Hartley -

The updated terms of use say the following:

"You may not....republish content from this website with or as part of a software application."

also

"You may not....post content from this website on the Internet (any website, file-sharing site, or social network"

there is also a statement that deals with reproducing, duplicating, copying or otherwise exploiting material for a commercial purpose or for money (even if not profit is involved)....

That seems pretty clear about the future status of apps that use WOL material even for our personal use.

No it probably won't make any difference as you are down loading for personal use. Equipt as I understand does not come with the books but downloads them from jw.org not wol.jw.org. However we should not cut and paste to this avd other sites , but rather provide the reference. That way we always have fresh , untainted information.

Hartley

I think this is pretty explicit :

-Republish Content from this website with or as part of any software application;

-Reproduce, duplicate, copy, or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose or for money (even if no profit is involved), including the distribution of computer applications based on, connected, or linked (whether static or dynamic) to this website;

Personal use would be for you to copy the contents of wol or jw for your own use or of your family... But that is what you do when you download any magazine or book. If you then use an epub reader to make use of that magazine, there is no problem. If you have an app that fetches the magazines from the website it is linking to the website. Doing that, weather static or dynamically (meaning on the fly, like the dozens apps that just link to the wol) is against the new terms of use... That's my understanding

Hartley -

The updated terms of use say the following:

"You may not....republish content from this website with or as part of a software application."

also

"You may not....post content from this website on the Internet (any website, file-sharing site, or social network"

there is also a statement that deals with reproducing, duplicating, copying or otherwise exploiting material for a commercial purpose or for money (even if not profit is involved)....

That seems pretty clear about the future status of apps that use WOL material even for our personal use.

We should be warned "attention! Another user has already written that!" :)
Edited by jayrtom

Joao, you were faster with your response.  For some reason, I can't simply cut/paste anything from my computer into this website.  But, it shows the oneness of thought as we picked the same sections which address the issue.