JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Theocratic Collector Membership

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2908 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just wondering if any of you were members of this? I have been thinking of signing up but still undecided. I will be sharing with my husband tonight. Does anyone have the membership and can you give me a little info?

I believe that is David Silver's web site. The new membership requirements is an effort to keep Apostates out as I understand it. I am not a member but I did get an email concerning it.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

It is run by Steve Searle in California. I have a membership. Some good stuff but old that he has collected that is free If You Can Find It. For convience sake you may wish to buy his DVD's.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

That is what I meant. Most is available online for free-if you can find it or spend time to find it.

Buying the dvd's are just convenient for some items-not all. Yes some come from the U.K. others from the U.S., etc. The shipping is where most companies and others get their profit from -however like many -Steve's is based upon dollar value of order -1 disk at a time gets expensive for shipping. My 1st order I got thru Ebay and shipping was more than order :bouncing: which is how I came across his site in 1st place. At that time the paid subscription collector site was nonexistant.

KIM I BELIEVE THAT, THAT IS AN APOSTATE SIGHT, WHEN HAS JEHOVAH EVER CHARGED TOO GET KNOWLEDGE THINK ABOUT IT. WHO EVER IS OVER IT MUST HAVE BEEN A WITNESS AWHILE BACK. THEY SEEM TO HAVE VIDEOS OF RUSSELL AND THE ELDERS BACK WAY WHEN.

RESEARCH SOME MORE.

SIS LITTLE:devil2:

KIM I BELIEVE THAT, THAT IS AN APOSTATE SIGHT, WHEN HAS JEHOVAH EVER CHARGED TOO GET KNOWLEDGE THINK ABOUT IT. WHO EVER IS OVER IT MUST HAVE BEEN A WITNESS AWHILE BACK. THEY SEEM TO HAVE VIDEOS OF RUSSELL AND THE ELDERS BACK WAY WHEN.

RESEARCH SOME MORE.

SIS LITTLE:devil2:

We used to Charge 5 cents for magazines then it was up to 25 cents per magazine before we stopped charging.

For Steve-is he a former witness or what? I don't know -however some of his items on the paid subscription site are current every week.

The DVD's info - as he states is "Public Domain" however he claims "Compliation" rights-which he has every right to do.

How many sites by brothers are commericail sites-selling theocratic covers, bindings, notepads, etc.?

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, Peter, I have used his site a lot also and have never found anything wrong. Maybe someone is getting it mixed up with another site that claims to be JW but puts things on the site that should not be there. I forget the name.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

• 1 month later...

I was on this brother's mailing list for awhile after I bought a DVD collection from him. I am never seen him post any apostate material. Yes, he does charge money to access his web site. But this is only to pay for server costs, which makes a lot of sense as someone who has administered servers. Servers often come with caps. That means there is only a certain amount of information that someone can download from the server each month before you are charged overage fees. Think of it as having a cell phone plan. You go over your minutes? You pay lots of money. But the more money he gets, the more he can download before being charged overage fees. And considering some of the stuff he has there that you can't find anywhere else, this is fair. I subscribed to the site mainly because I had difficulty looking up information in the wt library due to blindness. But after reading that sites which post scripture information are not recommended, I did not renew my membership. With that being said, that is far from the only thing this site does.

• 4 weeks later...

I've used it for years also. Lots of different types of information there. I have never felt uncomfortable spiritually there. In fact I have been quite comfortable. I have bought CD's from him. I feel like we have the opportunity to spend our money in so many ways. Why not buy something that not only supports the site, but can be informative and entertaining, as well as upbuilding. I got this from his site, and it is not verbatim. "Man make dozens of gods, yet he cannot make a worm". And this was from the 1500's. I live sort of isolated, so it has been sort of like having this spiritually minded friend, far away. I get his CD's from England. A hillside covered with Lupin was on a screen saver I received from him. And that hillside is about 15 miles from my home. Small world, it is, and for us, so much smaller. Good to have you out there, friends. Agape

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Just throwing it out there but why do we need to do research back to 1879? We have changed a lot since then, current is better.

I agree with you. The older publications are terrible for research. On the other hand, they are great vintage keepsakes. I think it is neat to see the progression of Bible truth back in the early years.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I agree with you. The older publications are terrible for research. On the other hand, they are great vintage keepsakes. I think it is neat to see the progression of Bible truth back in the early years.

I have downloaded these old Watchtowers of the net.  They are labeled as being made from Research Applications, and when I looked them up http://www.researchapplications.org/, I found out they are selling them on CDRoms for $14.99 each.  So should I have downloaded them for free ?

I don't know.

I also bought from a  ebay seller a reproduction of the July 1879 Watchtower.  Its large, like a broad sheet newspaper, but a cool thing to have.  There is someone else selling a repro of it, but it is actually a copy of the pages from the Watchtower reprint volumes, which is different.

I had the same experience when I stopped the PayPal purchase. Sour Grapes.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

A sister recommended I use Meekspace.com, I tried to register using the directions(if I understood them right) and it kept telling me invalid  registration code. Does anyone have any info on this site ? If it's an ok site, what am I doing wrong when I register ?