JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

VATICAN CONFIRMS POPE BENEDICT XVI TO RESIGNS

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4036 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

That explains soo much - thanks for the post :lol1:

"Most Nuns are former Mafioso. Don't know if you know that."

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read a newspaper article, that a homosexual sex scandal in the vatican made him resign. It says he decided to resign already in december after receiving a report of 300 pages of what is going on.

Edit:

One SOURCE in English.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/02/22/08/01/vatican-scandal-cited-in-pope-resignation

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

if you believe he's stepping down because of his age I have the some beach front property for sale in Arizona! He has warrants out for his arrest with more to follow, the other popes were older and weaker, not to mention since they become a god when they become popes, why can't he cure himself? Just saying, they are feeding the media a bunch of lies but we know it's just another way Babylon is falling.

Before dismissing this as complete nonsense, it’s probably worthwhile to consider the history of the obelisk in St. Peter’s Square, which was originally cut from granite in Egypt as a symbol of Osiris (Apollo). Later moved to Alexandria, the obelisk was then brought to Rome, where it stood during the martyrdom of early Christians. Finally, it was placed in the center of St. Peter’s Square in Rome, with its sides still graven with dedications to Augustus and Tiberius.

Also of significance is the origin of the term inaugurate, which refers to a ceremony approving a ruler that was sanctioned by the gods through omens. If an inauguration was sealed by thunder and lightning, it was a sign that Jupiter, the father of Apollo, was watching and the gods approved. Coincidentally, thunder and lightning marked Vatican Square on the resignation of Pope Benedict, providing a sign that Apollo, the son of Jupiter, will return to reign over the earth in a new golden age “novus ordo seclorum”.

For that reason, curious eyes are now focused on the obelisks at the Vatican and also in Washington for a ritual to be performed in anticipation of the arrival of this son of promise (Apollo) to earth. Interestingly, President Obama will be heading for Israel to announce “peace, peace” at the same time the College of Cardinals will be assembling in Rome to elect the last pope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_Advanced_Technology_Telescope

http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/vaticana14.htm

There are a number of obelisks in Rome. They were phallic symbols from Egypt brought to Rome by antique treasure hunting Caesars. Popes in the Rennaisance thought they would make good focal points for guiding church pilgrims, so they re-settled them out in front of famous pilgrimage sites in Rome regardless of if they were originally dedicated to Osiris (with sun-disks originally on top) or later Caesars who fancied themselves as Divine rulers like Pharoah or just from Egyptian temple entrances to tell of victories/legends of a pharoah/god. They were mostly from the city in Egypt, Heliopolis which the Bible refers to as ON. God prophesied in Jeremiah that he would have these pagan pillars brought down, so how does He feel about Popes re-erecting what he had brought down? discussed in Bible reading here: http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?10,113685,122677#msg-122677

What am i missing? How is this connected to "the end"? Is the UN turning on someone here or are they saying they are "secure" and have peace?

I just don't see any connection to this and Bible prophecy about the end times.

In a month the church will pick a new pope and things will continue as they have - with all the lying and deceit and inmunity from any REAL prosecution.

What am i missing?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

What am i missing? How is this connected to "the end"? Is the UN turning on someone here or are they saying they are "secure" and have peace?

I just don't see any connection to this and Bible prophecy about the end times.

In a month the church will pick a new pope and things will continue as they have - with all the lying and deceit and inmunity from any REAL prosecution.

What am i missing?

Your missing nothing. There is no peace and security and attack on FALSE religion. the new pope will probably allow all the things the previous one didn't, tickle the ears a bit more and sink further into spiritual prostitution.

All this proves is that Jehovah's judgments are well deserved!

I guess the way I see it is that these things have been going on for so long but have never made its way into the media to such an extent, "leaked" .. When Babylon is attacked, the Wild Beast will have a strong case against her in the eyes of the people all over the world. Like someone else said everyone knows she'll deserve it.

So, its just that it is "new" similar to when they pulled Jehovah's name from every place a year or so ago was "new". Ok i got it - its just new not really any "sign" related to the end.

I always thought the pope was relatively insignificant in God's plan. I see he still doesn't mean much.

Soon .....

The strange thing about all this is that these days anyone takes a risk if they speak out AGAINST homosexuality. Here the Pope is supposedly trying to avoid a scandal involving homosexuality in the priesthood. But In the eyes of the world these days how is that even scandalous? The church is just another part of the world alienated from God and his moral standards. Of course we know this, but what about the average Catholic?

Perhaps the real significance of this is that in Jehovah's mercy this may be a last call to the faithful. Remember in Revelation 18:4 Jehovah says regarding BTG: "Get out of her MY people". If there are truly any honest hearted ones still associating with Catholicism they need to act quickly and get out of her before he holds them responsible for everything done in her name.

Therefore, as Jehovah's WITNESSES we need to be alert to opportunities to witness to any honest hearted Catholics we meet in the ministry. Why not ask them DIRECTLY: How do you feel about what's going on in your religion" or words to that effect.

Many will be un-phased by what's going on. They don't recognize it as "the writing on the wall" that was seen INSIDE Babylon immediately before her fall. As we know many of them in ancient Babylon were intoxicated and unable to act.

It's the sober ones we need to speak to if we get a chance.

Telegraph UK: New Pope Should Allow Priests To Marry - Cardinal

"Cardinal Keith O’Brien, the leader of the Church in Scotland, insisted that the centuries-old ban on a priests marrying was “obviously not the teaching of Christ."

(Duh..)

Cardinal Keith O'Brien seems not to be innocent of scandals himself!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/23/cardinal-keith-o-brien-accused-inappropriate

'Sins heap clear up to heaven' for this part of Babylon the Great while other parts of 'B the G' are either getting so radical that they are inhuman to live by or so wishy-washy/corrupted they are falling apart on their own.

the news just won't stop...

Scandal Continues : Cardinal Keith O’Brien Resigns

" Breaking News Britain's most senior Roman Catholic cleric, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, is stepping down as the head of the Scottish Catholic Church.

1101 Cardinal O'Brien's decision follows allegations of inappropriate behaviour towards priests dating back to the 1980s. He contests the claims and is seeking legal action.

1102 The Vatican is expected shortly to confirm that Pope Benedict has accepted Cardinal O'Brien's decision."

• 2 weeks later...

The above was part of a documentary on TV last year. It also highlighted how the church including the present Irish archbishop - who wasn't archbishop at the time of the abuses, but was an appointed investigator into these allegations, intimidated the children and parents into keeping quiet about their allegations, which has been a source of bitterness between the Vatican and Irelands' politicians, which lead to the closing of all the Vatican ambassadorial homes in Ireland last year.

Now, since the resignation of the Archbishop/Cardinal for Scotland ( who was going to represent Britain in the Conclave to choose the next Pope) many allegations of child abuse against Catholic Priests in Scotland are starting to resurface going back to 1985:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-21715473

Despite the debates about scandal and crimes.....has anybody else noticed how openly political this Papal Enclave is viewed. The Cardinals have openly talked to the media, who seem to have been granted access. It is no more a secret. There is no pretense of it being a selection by God . Everybody has an opinion .

It seems that they have given up on the idea that God makes the choice

Church clergy have always been political in the higher echelons. When I read history it was well known that illegitimate children of Europe's monarch's were given bishoprics and could work their way to being cardinals with gifts from Royal patronage. In the past it got so ridiculous that there were cases of bishops so young that one was reported as aged three.