JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Witness memes

4 hours ago, M&M said:

Thanks for that. So that is Putin with a JW family and the joke is that the JW son wants to kick Putin for what he is allowing in Russia. :wink:

I don't get it.

2 hours ago, Old said:

(1 Samuel 26:8) . . .. And now let me, please, pin him to the earth with the spear just once, and I shall not do it to him twice.”

I don't get it.

2 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Please, let me kill him just once, I won't do it twice!

I still don't get it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/9/2017 at 9:08 AM, ChocoBro said:

I don't get it.

That is the picture of the JW family that was given an award by Putin. The little guy on the end looks like he has his arm cocked as if he is ready to punch someone, it is obviously just a moment captured by the camera and does not indicate he has any intention to harm Putin.

I used 1 Sam 26:8 about a similar situation David had with King Saul.  Even though Abiishai wanted to harm Saul, David knew it was the wrong thing to do. So even if the young child in the picture wanted to harm Putin, we all know it would be the wrong thing to do. 

I tried to capture that thought in a meme...

“. . .A·bishʹai now said to David: “Today God has surrendered your enemy into your hand. And now, please, let me pin him to the ground with the spear just once, and I will not need to do it twice.” 9 However, David said to A·bishʹai: “Do not harm him, for who can lift his hand against the anointed of Jehovah and remain innocent?” 10 David continued: “As surely as Jehovah is living, Jehovah himself will strike him down, or his day will come and he will die, or he will go down into battle and perish. 11 It is unthinkable from Jehovah’s standpoint for me to lift my hand against the anointed of Jehovah! So now take, please, the spear next to his head and the water jug, and let us be on our way.”” 1 Samuel 26:8-11

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

translated:

it is the user manual of a hedge trimmer

• usage instruction: only use the item for cutting hedges and bushes
  • it is to be used at shoulder lever and  domestic violence 

of course as a man who reads manuals anyway! but than you do and realize why there is so much violence 

acab41a0_FB_IMG_1497129880520.jpg.jpg

10 hours ago, esctec said:

translated:

it is the user manual of a hedge trimmer

• usage instruction: only use the item for cutting hedges and bushes
  • it is to be used at shoulder lever and  domestic violence 

of course as a man who reads manuals anyway! but than you do and realize why there is so much violence 

acab41a0_FB_IMG_1497129880520.jpg.jpg

Das is nicht gut sein.

6 hours ago, M&M said:

What does that mean? Do you speaka dutche?

Das ist nicht gut sein =That is not good (off top of my head - didn't look up spelling. I probably should have left off sein).   Ich spreche nur wenig Deutsch.   (I speak a little bit of German) from high school class.  It would probably be easy to pick up.  If I worked a little harder, I could be a polyglot.  Being lazy, I am just a pauline-glot (picks up phrases in numerous languages, not fluent in any.) :zipmouth:

Reminds me of when I first came in to the truth. The guy I studied with had been to other Countries where the need was great. He told me a joke. He said you call people that speak 2 languages bilingual, people that speak 3 languages trilingual. What do you call someone that only speaks 1 language? An American! :laugh:

13 hours ago, M&M said:

What does that mean? Do you speaka dutche?

(Dutch = Nederlands netherlands ) , (Duits = German duitsland germany) (Danish = spoken in denmark)  ( Flemish Dutch (Vlaams-Nederlands), Belgian Dutch )(Fries spoken in friesland a part of netherlands)  jw.org/nl  jw.org/de jw.org/fy  Flemish only in sign language on jw.org

There was a group of visitors at our meeting yesterday. One was from Guam, who spoke Tagalog and one from  the Philippines, who also spoke Tagalog. So I got to use a couple of phrases that I Just learned for  my med. team.  The Watchtower conductor tried to get all their names.  Exciting meeting, with input from brothers and  sisters around the world.

6 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Spreken Sie Deutsch? Speak you German?  Nein, Ich nicht spreke Deutsch. No I not speak German.

I do speak Canadjan, eh, but not American, huh :bouncing:

What is this all aboot? :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

• 2 weeks later...