JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Science Creating Life? - Interesting Article

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 5058 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

And you thought cloning was creepy? Science is taking it to the next

step and injecting synthetic DNA into existing bacteria cells.

- Bob

'Artificial life' breakthrough announced by scientists

"Researchers in the US have developed the first synthetic living cell.

Their work, which many scientists have called a landmark study, is a key

step towards the design and creation of new living things. BBC News

examines the issues raised by this controversial breakthrough."

Article Source:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science_and_environment/10134341.stm

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

They're stilling taking something existing to make something else exist. They still haven't been able to create out of nothing like Jehovah can. Wonder what would happen if Jehovah took all of what He created away from them and asked them to try to create something. "Oh you want to create something? OK. I'll be taking this, this, and this. Oh wait. You can't without using my creations, can you?" lol

On 6/8/2010 5:45 PM, Angelina Miller wrote:

> They're stilling taking something existing to make something else exist.

Right! Exactly. The actual living tissue still needs to be provided,

even if the DNA is synthetic. Jehovah remains the source of life in this

instance as well.

I love your comment about Jehovah taking away everything he has created

and saying "Now let's see what you can do". A brother I was talking to

said something simlar... "Get your own dirt!" :lol1:

It does make you wonder just how far man will be allowed to go though.

- Bob Angle Jr.

{posted via email}

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Given that I have a scientific background, this information is interesting for many reasons. The first and foremost that springs to mind is that sapprophritic bateria feed on decomposing materials to clean our environment.

As well vegetables like soybeans and and lima beans contain nitrogen fixing bacteria in their roots and are often used in crop rotation to slow the depletion of nutrients in the soil. With advances like the one above, we can find better methods to clean up raw sewage, or even to infuse our soils with the bacteria required to fix nitrogen without having to plant legumes for a season.

As for the 'artificial life' that's been created, all they've done is looked at the blue print of what Jehovah has already made and copied it.

It's too bad that The Scientific Alternative to Neo-Darwinian Evolutionary Theory weren't core required reading for scientists, it might induce them to consider the intellect behind the creation. I read this book prior to becoming involved with Jehovah's people, because I struggled with the theory of evolution - struggled as in never believed in it. While the book is written by a man who subscribes to the trinity theory (he was a bit misinformed there) he points out succinctly the base materials are Jehovah's and the organization and intellect we see behind creation could never have occurred by chance.

I have to laugh though, they've created a small sample of DNA to run a BACTERIUM LOL......... when Jehovah's DNA runs complex multicellular organisms. No wonder Jehovah looks at us like fools at times.........*snorts*