JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Even with the current update ON JWLibrary, I am still using JWReader. I like having the audio files by just press and hold and select listen. I also like being able to choose PDF or ePub. And I like being able to choose which ePub and PDF reader I want.

Just FYI.

If you haven't tried it - http://www.syntaxsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/JWReader/index.php

Android only.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 10 months later...
On 3/7/2015 at 11:36 AM, trottigy said:

Even with the current update ON JWLibrary, I am still using JWReader. I like having the audio files by just press and hold and select listen. I also like being able to choose PDF or ePub. And I like being able to choose which ePub and PDF reader I want.

Just FYI.

If you haven't tried it - http://www.syntaxsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/JWReader/index.php

Android only.

Thanks for explaing how to listen to the publications.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

15 minutes ago, Naith said:

I'm missing the public WT and study WT for March (the simple WT is there), but have the public & study editions for April. Anyone else with this problem? 

Yep, I am experiencing the same thing on both my phone and tablet. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I never installed it on this tablet. It's a Google thing I think because I can't install any apps not on Google play.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Musky is right Vernalee.  Go to "settings" then "Security'' and tick the box where it says "allow downloading of apps from unknown sources other than Play Store" (or something to that effect).  Once that little box goes "green" , you should be able to download!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Been there, done that, moved on. No matter what I do, it won't install. Even when I install an APK installer. Just refuses to work. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Somewhere there is something making it not work but I have searched and searched and can't find the problem. Some kind of security issue.

Edited by GrumpysWife

2 minutes ago, GrumpysWife said:

Somewhere there is something making it not work but I have searched and searched and can't find the problem. Some kind of security issue.

Do you have an anti-virus program on your tablet?  Have you tried turning it off to see if you can download?

Yup, do you have the SuperSU and the Omni app on yours? I've been wondering it that's the problem.

Edited by GrumpysWife

That is the only suggestions I have currently.  I checked the "google settings" and it doesn't seem to be a problem with those.  (Took me a while to realize there was a difference between "google settings" and "settings!) They both use the same icon (which is dumb).  

One final question:  Have to gone to the Google play store, accessed the slide out menu (from the side) and clicked on "settings" in that menu?  Then go to "parental controls" and see if they are on?  If they are, turn them off.

I've tried that too. My next try will be to attach the tab to my computer and install it that way. That is if I decide I can't live without it.

8 hours ago, GrumpysWife said:

Yup, do you have the SuperSU and the Omni app on yours? I've been wondering it that's the problem.

I have neither of those on my Nexus 10.  I would remove the one of those that you don't use the most and then try downloading the JW REader. If that doesn't work, remove both and then try.  There is a good chance that another app is interfering with you downloading from the play store

Edited by shali

• 7 months later...

There has been an update of the JWReader app too for those who use it. Mine stopped showing the latest magazines, but this fixes that.

I still use mine for listening to the Bible - as that functionality isn't in the JWLibrary app yet. 

image.jpg

Soon .....