JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3954 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

As a volunteer emergency responder,  I've been in disasters where towers/phone lines/etc are gone causing communication to be a nightmare.  Even "our" rescue radios frequently fail.  Then add to the mix families going crazy trying to find any bit of news about out of touch loved ones - it's heart wrenching to realize there's nothing we can do until the lines are back up. 

However this might help a litte..... I received this eBrief (shortly after this latest disaster) and wanted to pass it along. Feel free to share it.

How to Locate Loved Ones during an Emergency

After a disaster, phone lines may get congested. To get in contact with friends and family, use text messaging services and update social media networks.

You can also let your family and friends know you are safe and well after an emergency via https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php. This website is designed to help make communication between family members and friends easier.

To register yourself on the site, click on the “List Myself as Safe and Well” button.  To search the list of those who have registered themselves, click on the “Search Registrants” button. The successful search results will display a loved one’s first name, last name and a brief message.

Text messages DO get through much more often than phone calls. It's also easier to contact someone outside the disaster area. We have an emergency contact person who lives in another state. It seems that the further away they are, the easier it is to contact them.

Just noticed this then saw it on the news.

Comedian Ricky Gervasis on Twitter

He first sent a missive to certain A-list singers: “@MTVNews: Beyoncé, Rihanna & Katy Perry send prayers to#Oklahoma #PrayForOklahoma” I feel like an idiot now...I only sent money.”

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Good Day all!

This was on the news this morning (SUNDAY - May 26, 2013) Caught my eye and will use in the ministry this afternoon and the rest of the week.

Why does God allow tornadoes, tragedy and suffering?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** 
Thought this was a eye catcher!

Couldn't view those pics with the PHP extension

Sometimes I can upload photos and sometimes it's like pulling teeth. I'm sure half the time I don't know what in the world I am doing!! LOL

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

Friends, am watching Fox News, plus the Weather Channel. They have a high alert for Oklahoma City, the airport and other areas, there is a major tornado coming their way.  I 40 is where the Tonado is heading towards Oklahoma City, they just issued every one take cover, or find cover ASAP.    Oh Jehoavh, please let your spirit guard over your little sheep.