JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Are You Listening To Right Now....?

Not a problem. I love smooth jazz so can make a ton of recommendations based on your tastes.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Not a problem. I love smooth jazz so can make a ton of recommendations based on your tastes.

Tammi, Tammi, Tammi- another thing we have in common! I absolutely love smooth jazz, mu first love. My first memory of it was "Alfie" in the 70's. And Barbara Streisand was a favorite. Now it's Rippingtons, Michael Buble, and ones David Foster finds. Wish I could remember more names. I listen to Watercolors on Sirius. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Tammi, Tammi, Tammi- another thing we have in common! I absolutely love smooth jazz, mu first love. My first memory of it was "Alfie" in the 70's. And Barbara Streisand was a favorite. Now it's Rippingtons, Michael Buble, and ones David Foster finds. Wish I could remember more names. I listen to Watercolors on Sirius.

We go to a jazz concert every June in Maryland. I like all of the ones you've named. Have you heard Gregory Porter?. Very smooth voice. We love his song about asking for his wife's hand in marriage.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, 

one question about the song "demons" of imagine dragons.

Is this a demonic song, or is the meaning a complete another one. My English is not the best, but I think it is about from the inner demons, nothing to do with Satan and the demons who ruled the world.

And the song didn't talk about a demonic kingdom that will be come, or (... this is my kingdom come ... in the text - is this meant word by word or a phrase of something else)?

Thanks in Advance,

A brother from Germany  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

one question about the song "demons" of imagine dragons.

Is this a demonic song, or is the meaning a complete another one. My English is not the best, but I think it is about from the inner demons, nothing to do with Satan and the demons who ruled the world.

And the song didn't talk about a demonic kingdom that will be come, or (... this is my kingdom come ... in the text - is this meant word by word or a phrase of something else)?

Thanks in Advance,

A brother from Germany  

I wondered about this, too.  I LOVE the melody to this song.  Once I heard the lyrics more clearly, I saw references to "saints", "demons" "sinners", "hell bound", and lyrics about "fate" being "woven in my soul". . . .  I don't think it's referring to actual demons or Catholic saints, but I just couldn't listen to it anymore.  

I don't feel comfortable singing along to something that I'd feel ashamed of singing in front of my wife.  

Very disappointing, because the melody is amazing.

Ugh.  Why can't they just use normal words?

Ugh.  Why can't they just use normal words?.....

Because Satan rules the earth ...... Music is distorted in this system of things (not all)

I really really looking forward to the music in the New World when countless talented people will be resurrected and music will reflect Jehovah's glory.

Can you imagine the melodies that we will come up with as perfect people ? We can work on just "one piece" for hundreds of years to bring it to perfection.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Getting frustrated.....trying to post the youtube clip  and can't find the instructions

Anyway---I LOVE the Voice and the new younng male artisit Sawyer Fredricks auditioning with Man of Constant Sorrow!  The first few words gave me a chill and got three-then all 4 chairs to turn.  He is only 15.  Check it out!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!