JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Are You Listening To Right Now....?

On 10/13/2016 at 8:36 AM, Thesauron said:

Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin'" since he was awarded the Nobel Prize in literature today

Dylan's original version "All along the Watchtower" wrote back in 1966 was supposedly based loosely on Isaiah  21:5-9

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

Right now,  Jehovahs 'Symphony of the Rain' ..

With a wind section in the background...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Dylan's original version "All along the Watchtower" wrote back in 1966 was supposedly based loosely on Isaiah  21:5-9

I'm not a big Dylan fanatic at all, but he's made some great stuff. My favourite must be "Forever Young".

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

I'm not a big Dylan fanatic at all, but he's made some great stuff. My favourite must be "Forever Young".

No me neither...I couldn't understand Dylan's popularity...As an impressionable worldly teen in the 70's, I always's enjoyed Hendrix's version of "All along the Watchtower" but could never understand the lyrics.  

Aksell Rykkvin and The Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment performing Händel's Rinaldo HWV 7: Lascia ch'io pianga.

I'm usually not a great fan of treble music, but this kid has an incredible clarity, technique and musicality.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Just now, 

Dvořák:. Ten Legends.  The Bamberg SO conducted by Neeme Järvi.  Lovely music.

I picked up 7 classical cds in a charity shop for 50p each, symphonies by Sir Malcolm Arnold, which are wonderful, Chamber Music by Arnold Bax, and piano quartets by Dvořák among them. Also music by Britten and Janáček.

7 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

Now I am listening to this 

Oooh!  I love their voices! Music headphones notes.gif And the music has a sort a' Native American sound to it.  ^_^

Thanks for sharing and welcome to JW Talk, Brother Gregg!

Welcome Cat Scroll.gif

I love your board name, too!YES Grinning.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I was able to see Brooks & Dunn in concert along with Sawyer Brown, what a great show. There were two performances that stood out that night. They both took turns on stage and Kix Brooks did this song by himself  basically "Unplugged."  What a great concert. I will post the one Ronnie Dunn did too.

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

Husbands and Wives, what a great song. Sad how the song actually came true when it was written back in 1966 by singer and writer Roger Miller. At that time divorce was at 25% in the USA.  20 years later it had doubled. 

I seem to have found a favorite category to post to as a new member with limited access! One of my favorite MTV Unplugged shows.  Great cover of All Along the Watchtower!

One has to really appreciate John Cascella on the Accordion! Sadly he died at age 45 from a heart attack. And what can you say about Lisa Germano on the violin!     The drummer, Kenny Aronoff is now playing with John Fogerty! 

I think Jimi Hendrix version is still the best, but John Mayer does a pretty good cover also. The electric lead guitar solo is a must for this song, IMO.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley