JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Are You Listening To Right Now....?

Black Country Communion Lyrics

"Cold"

Take my eyes
Burn down the Sun
How can you be so cold?
You left me here
All hope is gone
Where is the life
Sold
l pray the dawn
Will break this spell
What will become of me?
It took my breath
So hard I fell
Lost in a shell, ghostly
And the rain falls down
On the this lonely child
And I could not feel
The fire
And I realize
This was meant to be
And I need some time
To grieve
And you fade so slowly
Now all that shines is Gold
And I feel I'm dyin'
How can you be so cold?
When the sky is fallin'
Now that you're growin' old
And I feel I'm dyin'
How can you be so cold?
So slowly wake me
From my sleep
Here in this house I dwell
And don't delay
The wound so deep
Down in this livin' hell

Interesting lyrics...:huh:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Black Country Communion Lyrics

"Cold"

Take my eyes
Burn down the Sun
How can you be so cold?
You left me here
All hope is gone
Where is the life
Sold
l pray the dawn
Will break this spell
What will become of me?
It took my breath
So hard I fell
Lost in a shell, ghostly
And the rain falls down
On the this lonely child
And I could not feel
The fire
And I realize
This was meant to be
And I need some time
To grieve
And you fade so slowly
Now all that shines is Gold
And I feel I'm dyin'
How can you be so cold?
When the sky is fallin'
Now that you're growin' old
And I feel I'm dyin'
How can you be so cold?
So slowly wake me
From my sleep
Here in this house I dwell
And don't delay
The wound so deep
Down in this livin' hell

Interesting lyrics...:huh:

As I understand it, he wrote this song after the death of his good friend Freddy Mercury, who as he remembered him was so full of life, but now as he saw him at the funeral was lifeless and "so cold," or he felt that it was "so cold" of him to die and leave him here all alone. It sent him into a deep depression for awhile, so that as he says in the song, "and I feel I'm dyin'." Very emotional song.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

2 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Right now I'm hearing the tune I am most familiar with,  I have listened to this for many a year --'tinnitus'

I was about to make exactly the same comment but you beat me to it! :eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, countrykaren said:

No way nothing but now that you've mentioned it the clock is ticking and it's irritating me emoji15.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have issues with ticky tocky clocks also.  No way I can get to sleep with one in the room.

It's just partway past 3pm for you right now so I assume you're not trying to sleep. .it's after low noon here so I should be getting to bed.

I have to run a fan all night,  the consistent droning noise blocks the other noise that will keep me awake. .

• 4 weeks later...

Die Tote Stadt, Act 1: Mariettas Lied by Korngold, performed by Nicola Benedetti and the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra.

https://itun.es/se/1eRdH?i=554611033

When Die tote Stadt had its premiere on December 4, 1920, Korngold was just 23 years old.

Die tote Stadt was one of the greatest hits of the 1920s. Within two years of its premiere it had circled the globe, including several performances at the Metropolitan Opera in New York City.

But the work was banned by the Nazi régime because of Korngold's Jewish ancestry and after World War II it fell into obscurity. The key postwar revivals of the piece were at the Vienna Volksoper (1967) and the New York City Opera (1975). In recent years, however, the work has enjoyed notable revivals, among others at the Theater Bonn, the Royal Opera House, the San Francisco Opera and at the Vienna State Opera.

Benedetti (b. 1987) is a Scottish classical violinist, who at the age eight, became the leader of the National Children's Orchestra of Great Britain. In the New Year Honours 2013 Benedetti was appointed as a Member of the Order of the British Empire for services to music and charity.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love that song, Brother Ken!!!

But I prefer Mathew's Southern Comfort's version.  I actually have this 45 rpm record:

The band's own original arrangement of the Joni Mitchell song, a UK number one hit in November 1970.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I'm a smooth jazz lover, have been since I heard Dionne Warwick's Alfie when I was a mere 8 years young. It came out in 1966 but it took me a while to find it. Even then I didn't know what a genre was, didn't know about different types of music. Just knew there was a style I really related to. And still do. 

Philadelphia has a station that I listen to every day, out in my garden, while I'm on my knees in the soil. I love this one artist. She's got a beautiful voice.

Sorry for the JJZ link, I tried to get rid of it but couldn't.

Edited by carlos

Removed unwanted link

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

We're listening to the breeze and seagulls and watching the tide coming in, sitting on our rental deck at the edge of the Annapolis Basin near Digby, Nova Scotia. Ahhhhh, thanks Jehovah for nature and down time in this crazy system!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...