trottigy

hạnh phúc đã tìm được nơi này :)

• Moderators
  • 15,699 posts
  • Brother
  • Jerry
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

I wanted to do a little tutorial as so many ask, "How do I put the WTLibrary on my mobile device?"

First, you need to purchase iSilo from the app store (all OSes have it - Windows Mobile, Apple, and Android). I will mostly use the PC version as it is easier to cut and paste, but it looks almost exactly the same no matter the version you are using.

You can also purchase iSilo at - http://www.isilo.com/ , but I strongly recommend it be purchased at the various app stores. Why? If you get a new device it can be re-downloaded using the same account for FREE, where as it is "iffy" coming straight from iSilo. I also use the same copy for both my tablet and phone - I did NOT have to pay for 2 copies.

Next, there are 2 main files that encompass the Watchtower Lbrary -

1. WTPub-EN-Full_2012.pdb

2. WTPub-EN-DX-2012.pdb

You will note these are the EN or English files. This is also available in several other languages:

Portuguse
WTPub-PT-DX-2012.pdb
WTPub-PT-Full-2012.pdb

Spanish:
WTPub-SP-DX-2012.pdb
WTPub-SP-Full-2012.pdb

German:
WTPub-DE-DX-2012.pdb
WTPub-DE-Full-2012.pdb

French:
WTPub-FR-Full-2011.pdb
WTPub-FR-DX-2011.pdb

English
WTPub-EN-DX-2012.pdb
WTPub-EN-Full-2012.pdb

Italian
WTPub-IT-DX-2011.pdb
WTPub-IT-Full-2011.pdb

Dutch
WTPub-NL-DX-2011.pdb
WTPub-NL-Full-2011.pdb

EDIT and 2013 has been available for a while now.

Edited by trottigy, 23 October 2014 - 12:06 PM.

• izzydee83 and Pallen like this

#2 Musky

Musky

Cute as a button

• Moderators
  • 12,132 posts
  • Brother
  • Chuck
  • San Diego, CA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Just to add to Jerry's post. For the English isilo Library, you also need these two files for the scripture links to work.

RBi8-E.pdb
NWT-Rbi8-E.pdb

Also, all isilo files need to be in the same folder for the links to work.

#3 trottigy

trottigy

• Moderators
  • 15,699 posts
  • Brother
  • Jerry
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Now you have these files. Did you save them some place you will remember?? Do you know how? If you need help installing these files or even finding them - meekspace.com is THE place to go for help. GET AN ACCOUNT!!!

They have VERY talented volunteers that are willing to help. And if they can get SurferGirl up and running - they can help ANYONE  :lol1:  (Love ya girl  :wub:  )

So, now you have saved them in a place you can remember and find - open them. On a mobile device there is one way to access them and on a PC the other.

PC first - just open like you would any other program and browse to the folder you saved them in and click on the one with FULL in the name:

Isilo1.jpg

Now Mobile - across the top are 5 tabs - recent / new / cat / faves / device. I only have used recent & device. You will need to use device the first time. Find those 2 files and then click on the one with FULL in the name (the good news is - it will show in recent from then on - so I won't have to "find" it each time. Looks like this:

Isilo1a.jpg

#4 trottigy

trottigy

• Moderators
  • 15,699 posts
  • Brother
  • Jerry
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Yes, I LOVE iSilo and have MANY files as you can see, but for now let's focus on the WT Library:

The PC version and the Mobile version are very similar once the files are open - except the menu options are at the top for PC and bottom for Mobile (note: this is the "HOME" screen for this file - if you ever get "lost" click the button that looks like a house and it will take you back here / HOME):

isilopc.jpg

And mobile:

isiloPhone.jpg

One more thing about the "HOME" button. In the mobile version the options across the bottom automatically disappear. Scroll until there is some empty space at the bottom and click in that area and the buttons will come back.

Across the top is:

ES= Examining Scriptures - click it gets you the current year 2013 daytext, then select the month and then day - TADA

SS - School Schedule - click it gets you the current year schedule, then click the month and TADA - in here most of the scriptures are linked up but not the reasoning book

Now for these 2 items above - I prefer JWReader - which is another thread - http://jwtalk.net/fo...ed/?hl=jwreader

Continuing -

IT - Yep - IT books, click on it and it just gives you the title of each subject - you don't have to click book 1 or 2

VOL - Watchtower & Awakes - all that are on the CD:

isilo2.jpg

KM - same thing - all available on the CD and I like the Question box feature - click it and ALL the QBoxes are listed by date - check it out VERY handy.

Then:

BK = Books, BR = Brochures & BL = Booklets (clicking these just takes you down that first page to the topic titled one of these.)

#5 trottigy

trottigy

• Moderators
  • 15,699 posts
  • Brother
  • Jerry
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Now my personal Favorite use of iSilo - you ever know what a verse says or at least some of what the verse says, but can't remember WHERE it is?? The older you get the more often that happens  :yes:

Ah - CN to the RESCUE!!!

This is the Concordance - every word used in the NWT is listed alphabetically.

Say you are looking for where that verse is where Jehovah humbly asks the angels for suggestions. You remember He used the word "fool" as in - who will "fool" Ahab? OK - Click on CN and then F - for Fool and scroll down to fool (note: in options you can set several buttons up to do different things - I have set my volume buttons to scrolls - makes life MUCH simpler - if you can't figure out how to do that - ask and I'll add that to this thread).

You have found the word "Fool" and see (13) next to it. This tells you it is only used 13 times in the NWT. This should be EASY! Click "fool" and all 13 instances and there locations show:

Fool.jpg

Now the "f" in each verse is where fool is used. Quickly you see this must be 1 Ki(ngs) 22. So, you click on that and POW you are at those verses and YEP! that is the one. If it wasn't - you could just click back and try another verse till you get it.

PS - looking at this - one could also use 2 Ch(ronicles) 18: starting at 19, eh?

#6 trottigy

trottigy

• Moderators
  • 15,699 posts
  • Brother
  • Jerry
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

OK  - DX is the Index. Click on it and it opens the "WTPub-EN-DX-2012.pdb" file and you get:

DX1.jpg

You see your options. If you Click "Publications" this will take you back to your original file "WTPub-EN-Full_2012.pdb" The one we started with. Or you could just click back and go back. But if you click the button that looks like a House (the HOME button) you are taken back to this screen - as it is HOME for this file.

note: if you click the "HOME" button while in the other file - it takes you to the "Home" screen I showed earlier - in the "Full" file.

This is where much of your "searching" is going to be done - just like if you were using the CD. Also, this is the file that gets opened if you click the + button next to a verse.

#7 trottigy

trottigy

• Moderators
  • 15,699 posts
  • Brother
  • Jerry
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Next - there are links for all the Bible books. You click those and are taken to the chapters and then verses. This is where the power of iSilo comes in handy. Let's go back to our example of "Fool" and go to 2 Ch 18:19:

2Ch.jpg

Do you see the + symbol next to the verse? Click it and it will take you to the "Index file" where that verse can be found. I have done some experimenting and sometimes you are taken to the scripture index for "86-12" and sometimes "30-85". I haven't found a rhyme or reason for how they decided which to take you to.

In this case you are taken to the "30-85" - perhaps because there isn't any listing for this verse in the "86-12" one. Hey, it doesn't take long to figure which you are taken too. If you see 56 - you know :eek: it is the older one. You can always click HOME and look in the "Scriptures 86-12" just to make sure there isn't something more current.

2Ch2.jpg

Just as when you are using the CD - you look at the surrounding verse and note if a particular Watchtower article is used for that "series" of verse. If there is, you KNOW the article is going to talk extensively on THAT topic. In this case there is a nice 1956 Watchtower - study article that talks about these verses. Unfortunately, when you click on the link to that article - it takes you to the beginning of the article - NOT to where that verse is used in it. You will need to scroll through that article looking for that verse. OR you can use the "search" feature and type something like CH or as I did - 18. 4 or 5 clicks later I found it at the bottom of paragraph 33 (WOW! they were LONG study articles back then).

#8 trottigy

trottigy

• Moderators
  • 15,699 posts
  • Brother
  • Jerry
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

A quote from that article is interesting and :offtopic: But you know me - always willing to go OFF  :)

32 But how had one of Jehovah's spirit creatures become a lying or deceptive spirit and how could the God of truth authorize him to become a "deceptive spirit in the mouth of all of [Ahab's] prophets"? In this way: Ahab wanted to be encouraged in a suicidal plan of action by lying prophets. He showed this when he imprisoned Micaiah for telling the unpleasant truth. Lies were what Ahab wanted to hear to his own death; so Jehovah was agreeable to Ahab's hearing lies then because Ahab was sentenced to death and the time for his execution was at hand. Jehovah did not interfere by exercising his spirit upon Ahab's prophets to make them tell the truth, as when one of his angels turned the prophet Balaam's curse into a blessing upon Israel. One of Jehovah's spirit creatures saw the need of the lie to prevail to induce Ahab on to his own execution, by having the liars outnumber the truthtelling Micaiah. A spirit creature from Jehovah God has power to make a creature talk, even a dumb brute like Balaam's ass. So he offered to exercise his power upon Ahab's prophets to speak, just to speak, letting them speak out of their own hearts what they wanted to speak to please the one supporting them, their king. Thus the spirit creature or angel was responsible, not for their lies, but merely for their speaking. (question)

33 Jehovah was agreeable to the angel's doing this, because He wanted to show that it is disastrous to rely on lying prophets and also because it was time for his sentence of death to be executed upon Ahab. He knew that Ahab desired to be fooled by the lie, especially when the liars were so many. Hence Jehovah told the spirit creature that the operation of his power upon Ahab's prophets would open the way for them to utter the death-dealing lie, and it would win out over the faithful warning of Jehovah's prophet Micaiah. It did and Ahab shed his blood like an executed criminal for canines to lick, and Jehovah the God of truth stood exonerated of lies.—1 Ki. 22:29-38; 2 Chron. 18:1-34. (question)

Interesting, Jehovah doesn't force people to do something they wouldn't already do. But He DOES execute justice!

OK - back to the topic.

#9 trottigy

trottigy

• Moderators
  • 15,699 posts
  • Brother
  • Jerry
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Just to add to Jerry's post. For the English isilo Library, you also need these two files for the scripture links to work.

RBi8-E.pdb
NWT-Rbi8-E.pdb

In fact, I would DL these and the KM one and the WSM one for this week and the recent magazine ones and we can talk about each of these.

#10 mserskine

mserskine

Advanced Member

• Full Access Users
  • 332 posts
  • Brother
  • Michael
  • Caldwell, Idaho

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

RBi8-E.pdb
NWT-Rbi8-E.pdb

Where do I find     NWT-Rbi8-E.pdb

I can't find it

#11 carribbeangrl01

carribbeangrl01

Carribbeangrl01

• Full Access Users
  • 1,007 posts
  • Sister
  • Angela
  • west coast usa

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

How much memory does wt library using isilo take?

#12 trottigy

trottigy

• Moderators
  • 15,699 posts
  • Brother
  • Jerry
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

The first file - the largest - is 171MB and the second - the index - is 17Mb for a total of 188Mb.

#13 bohemian

bohemian

Senile Member

• Full Access Users
  • 2,296 posts
  • Brother
  • Christopher
  • London UK

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

But the WT library files are no longer at meekspace - now what?

#14 Dismal_Bliss

Dismal_Bliss

Head Programmer

• Moderators
  • 11,842 posts
  • Brother
  • Bob
  • Northeast Ohio

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

But the WT library files are no longer at meekspace - now what?

Apparently Meekspace can still provide them, but have to fill requests individually.

#15 bohemian

bohemian

Senile Member

• Full Access Users
  • 2,296 posts
  • Brother
  • Christopher
  • London UK

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

It's all too complicated for me, and I thought I was computer literate!  It would have been useful to have it on my iPad, but it looks like the FDS doesn't want that (I assume that is why they requested the files removal), so I'll do without.  I just wish I had known beforehand, and then I wouldn't have bought an app I don't need, nor joined a forum I don't really want to join (have deactivated now).

#16 trottigy

trottigy

• Moderators
  • 15,699 posts
  • Brother
  • Jerry
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

For over a decade (10 years) the FDS has permitted the brothers to put these files together and distribute them. They did so again for our latest CD 2012. Why? Because they DO NOT want you to have them? :lol1: that just doesn't make sense. I used to get my files from our CO. I have many friends at Bethel and iSilo is used HEAVILY there on iPads.

Offtopic - Bethelites - the only group of people I know who make $100 a month, yet have the latest technology AND travel the world. There must be something to that vow of poverty :lol2:

The branch just changed the distribution method. They didn't say STOP distributing them. Now they are "by request" - just like the CDs. And if you think this is complicated - what do you use your ipad for? Angry Birds?

• GrumpysWife and jayrtom like this

#17 bohemian

bohemian

Senile Member

• Full Access Users
  • 2,296 posts
  • Brother
  • Christopher
  • London UK

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

I don't have "Angry Birds" whatever that is! (It is on my Roku, but I have never clicked it)  I have iBooks on my iPad, so the latest material is on it. 

Edited by bohemian, 30 May 2013 - 08:48 AM.

• trottigy likes this

#18 jayrtom

jayrtom

Advanced Member

• Full Access Users
  • 1,978 posts
  • Brother
  • João
  • Portugal

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

It's all too complicated for me, and I thought I was computer literate! It would have been useful to have it on my iPad, but it looks like the FDS doesn't want that (I assume that is why they requested the files removal), so I'll do without. I just wish I had known beforehand, and then I wouldn't have bought an app I don't need, nor joined a forum I don't really want to join (have deactivated now).

You have the wol which is cross platform, so no need to say the FDS only cares about Microsoft :wink:
The isilo is cross platform also and is great (although the search out of the index is a bit difficult)
Can you share your doubts? I understand saving the files on the device are a bit more difficult than android. I had a windows phone and had to upload the files over isilo server and then download inside the app

What is that you can't do?

#19 trottigy

trottigy

• Moderators
  • 15,699 posts
  • Brother
  • Jerry
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

As the branch wants these distributed "by request " now - For any that would like them PM me an email address and i am happy to provide them. :wave:
  • bohemian, GrumpysWife and Beggar for the Spirit like this

#20 Dismal_Bliss

Dismal_Bliss

Head Programmer

• Moderators
  • 11,842 posts
  • Brother
  • Bob
  • Northeast Ohio

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

It would have been useful to have it on my iPad, but it looks like the FDS doesn't want that (I assume that is why they requested the files removal), so I'll do without.

Actually, they could care less about you having them on your iPad. They just wanted a more refined way of distributing copyrighted materials than just having them available for anyone to download. It's the same reason why we cannot have them here in our Files Library.

For what it's worth, Meekspace will still give them to you, and so would probably most of us in this forum.
  • trottigy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users