JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Site For Illustrations

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3726 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Can someone give the link or direction to a site that has loads of illustrations that can be used for talks, etc.  I was positive I came across one a while back but, of course, I didn't bookmark it.     :(

Sorry Jonny..It didn't work direct with me either but I tried to  goggle it and then click and it works for me

anyway if doesn't work that for you either may be try this from JW friendly sites posted here in jwtalk -not specifically for illustrations but has a abit of them. LatinDimples.com – Carmen’s Paradise.

Sorry Jonny..It didn't work direct with me either but I tried to  goggle it and then click and it works for me

anyway if doesn't work that for you either may be try this from JW friendly sites posted here in jwtalk -not specifically for illustrations but has a abit of them. LatinDimples.com – Carmen’s Paradise.

Johnny don't know if this wll help but if you go to the Watchtower Library and type in illustrations  it gives you three references and there you will find numerous  examples of illustrations along with references hope this helps.

Copy and paste the link in the search bar and it will take you there. It's not a witness site but looks good to me.

illustrationstoponder.blogspot.com

Edited by GrumpysWife

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

For info only: that site is run by the following. I don't think he respects the views of Jehovah's Witnesses.

JW-Archive.org

www.jw-archive.org

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

For info only: that site is run by the following. I don't think he respects the views of Jehovah's Witnesses.

JW-Archive.org

www.jw-archive.org

Voni is right, Vernalee. All those sites are owned and ran by Michael Krewson, and while they are presented as friendly, he has no qualms about posting confidential elder letters, books, copies of the WT CD, and a host of other things he shouldn't be doing.

Buyer beware.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Voni is right, Vernalee. All those sites are owned and ran by Michael Krewson, and while they are presented as friendly, he has no qualms about posting confidential elder letters, books, copies of the WT CD, and a host of other things he shouldn't be doing.

Buyer beware.

Sorry,I didn't know about illustrationstoponder.blogspot.com, I never go there myself. I was just trying to make the link work. But thanks for the info. I have had my own run in's with him because of what he puts on his sites.

Edited by GrumpysWife

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

How about the Watchtower Publications Index under the title Illustrations? ;)

Of course, if you want to come up with your own to suit the local culture and/or territory...

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

JW-Archive.org

www.jw-archive.org

Surely didn't know this before..very sorry for posting the site to  the forum ....thanks for the info about the owner...sorry again for anyone got linked to site via this. Hope there a way to remove the site from the thread or is it now a warning information to all?

Surely didn't know this before..very sorry for posting the site to  the forum ....thanks for the info about the owner...sorry again for anyone got linked to site via this. Hope there a way to remove the site from the thread or is it now a warning information to all?

This is a grey area site, since it does present itself as a pro-JW site even though he disappoints us with some of the content he posts that should be confidential (and he steals files and comments from JWTalk and other JW sites as well), we feel it is better to leave it as a warning for others.

Posting links to actual apostate sites is prohibited by our Forum Membership Policy and could quickly get you banned from though - and we would of course remove those kind of links immediately.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

There was also a site that someone had sent me via personal msg but I lost it - it was a link to talk recordings also.  Anyone know what that is?

Probably this one -> http://www.centralprint.net/jwtalks/

That is Steve Klemetti's mega recorded talk archive, and likely the largest inspiration for the April 2010 OKM Question Box about circulating recorded talks. At the time, recording conventions and sending them to him was becoming something of a craze, but it has died down after the QB was published.

• 7 months later...

Here are 2 from the Index under illustrations. But they may not apply because I don't know from what angle you're looking. Hope this helps.

this is what I did- 

leaning - an inclination to do something; "he felt leanings toward frivolity"

that toward which you are inclined to feel a liking; "her inclination is for classical music"
        Rely- to place or have faith or confidence

I assumed you meant rely and here's the ones from the WTL

Jehovah offers hand as would a guide on a mountain trail: w04 12/15 17-18

Jehovah offers hand as would a father: w12 1/1 18

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Oh so it's 'confidence' we need to focus on how about this one from the Index

confidence in Jehovah as in flight instruments: w96 5/1 21-24

para. 3 & 4 after the illustration
In a comparable way, we can face the future with confidence, even though world conditions get gloomier day by day. Our journey through this wicked system may be taking longer than some expected, but we can be confident that we are on course and on time. Why can we be so sure? Because we have guidance that enables us to detect what human vision cannot.
God’s Word is a ‘light to our roadway,’ and it is “trustworthy, making the inexperienced one wise.” (Psalm 19:7; 119:105) Like beacons that indicate the pilot’s flight path, the Bible accurately outlines future events and gives us clear instructions in order to ensure that we arrive safely at our destination. To benefit from divine guidance, however, we must trust it.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34