JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

List of JW Friendly Links/Websites

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3003 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I want to have a links page off the main page that lists sites that are JW friendly, such as reference sites, blogs by brothers and sisters, homepages, etc.

Please help me out by listing the ones you know in this thread!

Much appreciation,

Your brother,

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I added....

Living in Domenica

http://gaurnier.blogspot.com/

Ken and Sue Ivy in Malaysia

http://kensueivy.blogspot.com/

Sherron Charbenaeu

http://sherranc.tripod.com/

and

New System School

http://www.newsystemschool.org/

today.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

these are the ones I've collected - feel free to harvest

http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=382&mforum=jw

Thank you Rosemary. I will peruse the list when I have some time. Usually on the weekends :-)

• 2 months later...

I would suggest following websites.

http://www.kingdomhalls.org/about.html -- kingdom hall locator

http://www.jehovah.to/ --defending JW's beliefs and WT society

http://www.nepalstory.com/index.html --Related to JW's in Nepal

I am not sure whether above links are worthy to the JW friendly website list but please check it before adding..

Dewdrop where are you located in India? My wife and I are in a Punjabi group here in California. So we are still trying to learn to speak, the reading part isn't that hard but I am still learning what words mean and grammar. I do well enough to speak at the door but not much past that. Most of the Punjabi's we speak to know English very well. Many of the people are very impressed that we have taken the time to try to learn their language and speak to them. I would love to come to India someday to be embraced in the language.

I tried to add our KH to the kingdomhall website and it hasn't updated to include it. Attempts to contact them have also failed.

I don't want to be to pessimisstic or hysterical, but is it a good thing, that everyone can see where a kingdom hall is? I mean, with terrorists and the likes, and we don't know what times are coming. I'm just a bit sceptical about things like that.:secret:

I understand where you are coming from, Astrid, but our KH is next to the railway station and has a very big sign on it. We are also near the airport and many brothers and sisters passing through Heathrow come to our meeting.

I think the balance is to let people know where we are and not be too paranoid about what might (or might not) happen. Attacks on Kingdom Halls do occur, though thankfully they are rare.

We also offer handbills showing the KH address, and memorial invitations etc. are left at not-at-homes with the address on.

yes, but that's local, it's in the neighbourhood, but with a website like the one mentioned above, everyone in the world can see it.

Which isn't necessary imo, for example if you go for a holiday in a foreign country, it's easy to ask the brothers in Bethel about the adress.

Dewdrop where are you located in India? My wife and I are in a Punjabi group here in California. So we are still trying to learn to speak, the reading part isn't that hard but I am still learning what words mean and grammar. I do well enough to speak at the door but not much past that. Most of the Punjabi's we speak to know English very well. Many of the people are very impressed that we have taken the time to try to learn their language and speak to them. I would love to come to India someday to be embraced in the language.

Hey that's interesting. India is an inextricable jungle of language and people. I am from the south of India and I do not know Punjabi. Punjabi is spoken in the state of punjab at the north. Hindi is the national language but I know only very little bit . My native language is Malayalam and I can also understand and speak tamil very well. I am also planning to come US as a part of my studies, you know people everywhere here are crazy about traveling to western countries. We have a new branch at Bangalore. And in the bethel about 500 members are there and we would see people from all over India.

Regarding our work, though 1.1 billion people are here only 30,000 are witnesses. About 13,000 are from Kerala state at the south. Another 8,000 are from Tamil Nadu at the south which is right of kerala. In our area Hindu's and Muslim's are rare to be a witness.(in that Muslims are very rare) Kerala is more responsive because it has the highest population of Christians (about 20% of the state population compared to 2% on the whole India). Also people of south are having high literacy and HDI rate when compared to the north. So education is also another reason for the people to be more responsive to the truth. But I do think only Jehovah know why exactly JW's are concentrated at the south. I think witnesses are present in every state of India but opposition to proselytizing is high because of Hindu extremists at the north. Nearby my area their is a place called "Russel Purem" which was named after Br. Russel's speech to the public there (in 1906 I think). However since 1980's work has made considerable improvement i.e from 4000 to 30,000 in 2010. We do enjoy annual district convention at Cochin where all brothers from Kerala would participate.

Just a thought, perhaps we can draw comfort from the knowledge that Jehovah's Witnesses International Headquarters location is known internationally, and probably most of the branch's too. At the same time, I like Sister Astrid's reasoning on consulting Bethel. We are actually encouraged to first consult our Branch or the Branch of the country we visit to ensure we know what the situation is like. In some countries our brothers do operate in secrecy so it's important to have discretion. It could even be we end up responsible for the the downfall of our brothers in a foreign country we visit if we act ignorantly. But I doubt this would apply in the Heathrow area.

I wanted to edit my post, but there's no button?

I just want to add that you're right about being paranoid, maybe I am.... :depressed:

Hi Astrid, The Edit option drops away after a few minutes, and I don't think you are paranoid. Caution is a good thing