JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do you use Tablets at meetings..?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3483 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

you learn something everyday! .... i suppose itd b good for showing someone sonething in their own language and demonstrating jw.org and the navigation of it.

.... anti glare gorika glass? ...now i think you lot are just teasing the simpleton brother from the funny little island:-)

I use mine at the meeting (ipad).

I find it quite useful especially for marking my books and taking notes. However we had direction not to use them on the platform, I believe it was so that it didn't appear that the F&DS was supporting the idea that publishers should seek to purchase them. Also once at an assembly they had a demo involving an ipad but they covered up the apple, which I think was because they didn't want to appear to be advertising the product.

But getting back to the point I also use it a lot for personal study and on our days when we do rural territory I use it to have a sort of quiz between doors because I can carry so many publications on it.

I have used it a few times in the ministry too, the most useful feature I use is an app that I have that allows me to have a parallel bible with 6 translations (including the NWT) as well as a concordance.. Very useful if someone ever says "You have your own bible!" I can reply "Well I actually have six translations here in my bag".

I bought some anti glare things for my tablet. Not sure yet if they will work.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

As the COBE in my congregation, I use it for everything except confidential notes (I use paper notebook). I use it in my seat for all digital publications like wt, be, km etc... But I use my reference bible for scriptures. But, during conventions where I take notes, I use the web based bible from wol.jw.org and use note taking apps. It works great since there are so many back and forth from notetaking to scriptures.

Of course, I never use it on the stage. At least not until the slave says it is ok.  :)

As the COBE in my congregation, I use it for everything except confidential notes (I use paper notebook). I use it in my seat for all digital publications like wt, be, km etc... But I use my reference bible for scriptures. But, during conventions where I take notes, I use the web based bible from wol.jw.org and use note taking apps. It works great since there are so many back and forth from notetaking to scriptures.

Of course, I never use it on the stage. At least not until the slave says it is ok.  :)

What do you use to study the Watchtower re: underline?  Do you just download the epub or pdf version?

I use mine at the meeting (ipad).

I find it quite useful especially for marking my books and taking notes. However we had direction not to use them on the platform, I believe it was so that it didn't appear that the F&DS was supporting the idea that publishers should seek to purchase them. Also once at an assembly they had a demo involving an ipad but they covered up the apple, which I think was because they didn't want to appear to be advertising the product.

But getting back to the point I also use it a lot for personal study and on our days when we do rural territory I use it to have a sort of quiz between doors because I can carry so many publications on it.

I have used it a few times in the ministry too, the most useful feature I use is an app that I have that allows me to have a parallel bible with 6 translations (including the NWT) as well as a concordance.. Very useful if someone ever says "You have your own bible!" I can reply "Well I actually have six translations here in my bag".

Which is that app you mentioned? :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What do you use to study the Watchtower re: underline?  Do you just download the epub or pdf version?

On Apple I have no clue, on an android tablet I use Mantano Reader. You have 5 color choices to underline with. I have a program WSM with the weekly meeting on it and use that. If interested PM me and I'll tell the brother so it can be sent to you.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Its called equipd it was created by a brother and it works by pre-caching from wol.

I've heard about it... Seams very good but unfortunately still only on ipad... :(

I use my Nexus 7 every meeting, and prior to getting it, I used my Note 2. It's way too convenient not to. I love having all of my materials in one place. Not having an "oops" moment b/c I rushed out of the house and forgot to grab a book we may need for the service meeting/school. I take my tablet, a Bible and a smile to each meeting :)

*Philippians 4:13~My daily reminder that with Jehovah's backing I can do it!*

I like to use pdf, since it is like the print edition. I use goodreader on the ipad, but i also like pdf expert.

My daughter has the Galaxy Note and she uses Moon+ Reader with the ePub files. She can highlight in any color she can make from the full color palette wheel.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On Apple I have no clue, on an android tablet I use Mantano Reader. You have 5 color choices to underline with. I have a program WSM with the weekly meeting on it and use that. If interested PM me and I'll tell the brother so it can be sent to you.

Mantano question... I have an iPad and I love it. My husband wanted an android tablet. I helped him get it set up an bought mantano for his books and mags. Well this past weekend he actually decided to use it and studied his watchtower. It irked out great but, for so reason he was changing what he underlined and just making the underlining darker. I tried to figure out how to remove the underlining it just made it worse. Hopefully someone can give us a few pointers.

I use the iPad at meetings (many in our hall use tablets) but after the WT last week I use a printed Bible too.  I have to be careful with the KM, because the offer for the month is different in UK to USA - so I always need to check the printed KM for such things.

I use the iPad at meetings (many in our hall use tablets) but after the WT last week I use a printed Bible too. I have to be careful with the KM, because the offer for the month is different in UK to USA - so I always need to check the printed KM for such things.

Ask the secretary of your congregation. He can give you a digital copy of the local km. I did it and now I receive by email as soon as the paper version is distributed, but not ahead of time though ;)

He didn't new that but they can download it on jw.org

also do not care for the glare they give off toward others... I chang where I sit to keep avoiding them in the KH... in the conventions if you sit up top, tablet use on the floor seats can become quite bothersome while you're trying to concentrate on the speaker's delivery... I'm sure the friends do not realize this yet the flashes of light from the glass is distracting

I notice some people have their brightness way up. I always turn my brightness down as far as I can because I also find it distracting. 

However, I love love love my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and wouldn't want to give it up. I could, but don't want to :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Mantano question... I have an iPad and I love it. My husband wanted an android tablet. I helped him get it set up an bought mantano for his books and mags. Well this past week he actually decided to use it and studied his watchtower. It irked out great but, for so reason he was changing what he underlined and just making the underlining darker. I tried to figure out how to remove the underlining it just made it worse. Hopefully someone can give us a few pointers.

Just tap lightly on what you want undone and a toolbox should pop up. Hit delete to remove one layer of highlighting or underlining. Repeat the process until it's back to the state you wanted. If it's a linked scripture,  it might be a little difficult to get the toolbox instead of the scripture. :-)

Edited by izzydee83

There is an arrow on the right lower side of what you are reading. If you touch it a menu comes up on the right side with several options. Click on the one that says Highlights and then find the one you want to remove. Check the appropriate box and it is gone. That drove me crazy until my sister showed it to me. When you want to close the menu, make sure you touch the arrow. That then closes it.

I use my tablet for both meetings and personal study with my big reference Bible. I think there's something to be said for being able to write your own notes next to the Scriptures, and being able to see where a scripture is located on the page helps me locate it later. However, I like the convenience of being able to access and highlight all of the publications we use for the meetings on one device, and the use of such is increasing in popularity at my hall...I'm guessing probably 1/4 of those attending regularly use some sort of tablet or smartphone at the meetings. It took me a bit to get used to studying with it, but now I love the convenience, and getting the latest copies of the magazines more than a month before printed copies become available is awesome, and helps me keep up with Jehovah's organization. I haven't used it for recording, but for all other purposes it works great!

Most in our congregtation tend to be more "cardinal" in years, so I'm one of the few younger members who use a nook at the meetings. It's sort of funny, these more senior sisters and brothers have their own paper bibles on their laps, but spend most of the meeting watching my screen along with me...LOL!

After the meeting, I show them how easy it is to work the nook, and invite them to get one too, but they always share they'd prefer to use the paper copy of the bible!  <smile>

I bought some anti glare things for my tablet. Not sure yet if they will work.

I seem to remember seeing such. I think it is a good idea. I will watch out for it. Never thought about the glare. Thanks for the reminder!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Most in our congregtation tend to be more "cardinal" in years, so I'm one of the few younger members who use a nook at the meetings. It's sort of funny, these more senior sisters and brothers have their own paper bibles on their laps, but spend most of the meeting watching my screen along with me...LOL!

After the meeting, I show them how easy it is to work the nook, and invite them to get one too, but they always share they'd prefer to use the paper copy of the bible!  <smile>

This post is ironic for me. I will be seventy towards the end of the year, and I am really enjoying my iPad. My husband suggested I get a good speaker. I did. Now my music....

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!