See the Good Land' + Index

800 downloads

0 comments

Submitted

2. Christian Weddings Should Reflect Reasonableness

Full article from January 15, 1969 Watchtower

*** w69 1/15 p. 57 Christian Weddings Should Reflect Reasonableness ***
    Christian Weddings Should Reflect Reasonableness
    THIS is what I’ve wanted since I was a little girl,” said the prospective bride in Florida about her wedding.

She was thrilled over what was planned, including her costly lace-and-pearl gown, with its thirty-foot train. The traditional wedding music would flow from a ten-piece orchestra as she made her entrance. And what an entrance it would be! Emerging from an artificial “cloud” emitted by a hidden device, she would descend a twenty-one-step staircase. Down she would come, between gilded cages of doves, to her waiting bridegroom.

Following the ceremony, the reception or wedding feast would include champagne and an eight-foot-tall wedding cake. When the bride began to cut the cake two lovebirds would be released to flutter through the ballroom. How did the prospective bridegroom react to all this? Unnerved by the extravagant plans for the $25,000 affair, he fled the scene nine hours before the wedding!

You probably have never seen a wedding as lavish as that one. Yet you likely know that weddings and associated events range from modest to mammoth, from simple to sumptuous, from God-honoring to godless.

How, then, is a Christian who loves God and desires to be guided by the principles of his Word to decide what to arrange for his own wedding? Where does he draw the line? Complicating matters further, one author observed: “No social custom is as deeply rooted in tradition and bound by convention as a wedding.” Should the Christian try to follow all the traditions, some of them, or none of them? Just what is a reasonable Christian wedding?

109 downloads

0 comments

Submitted

3. Dinosaur Articles - Awake February 8, 1990.pdf

*** g90 2/8 p. 2 Page Two ***
    Dinosaurs have long fascinated both young and old.
    Just what were those animals?
    When did they live?
    Why did they disappear from the earth?

2-8-1990g-What Happened to The Dinosaurs.pdf

260 downloads

0 comments

Updated

Shawnster last won the day on June 8 2023

Shawnster had the most liked content!

About Shawnster

• Birthday 11/24/1971

Member's Public Information

• First Name
    Shawn
  • Relationship Status
    Married
  • Displayed Location
    Northeast Ohio
  • Publisher
    Yes
  • Baptized
    Yes
  • Website URL

How I Found the Truth

• How I found the Truth
    My mother was contacted by the Witnesses when I was 3 years old.

My Hobbies & Interests

• My Interests
    Science fiction, especially Star Trek and Star Wars; motorsports, specifically IndyCars; visiting wineries; playing cards

Recent Profile Visitors

28,440 profile views

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)