JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

YouTube Classics (Post a video... any video!)

2 hours ago, nanceebgd46 said:

Thanks Matthew for downloading those videos....I enjoyed them.

Ha, well I'v got a whole playlist of my favourites if you want. Loads of vintage stuff.  113 videos in all so far lol. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_6BZbn5uPSUd-edRKv2YOSqnOe_3MRQ-

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching this fascinating video from Pecos Hank.

It shows a super computer's simulation of a super cell, alongside actual super cell formation footage.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

Since Yip Harburg was quoted in our opening paragraph of this weeks Watchtower study....the man behind the Rainbow Song.....

Wow! Thanks!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 16/12/2010 at 11:46 PM, futurepromise said:

A video clip from the TV series, "Leverage". "The Juror No.6 Job" Recorded on February 24, 2009

Loved this series though it was an American version of the BBC's "Hustle". It was sufficiently different and not a copy to be very good.

It's bigger on the inside!

British Pathé News have a great YouTube channel with loads of previously unreleased footage (much of it without sound so don't panic and think that your speakers aren't working!) and there are several videos of our conventions and the baptisms. The following peaked my interest of a 1963 District Convention at Middlesex, England:

Here's one from a 1960 DC in Bourneville, England (hmmmm Cadbury's Chocolate country!):

The Pathé channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/user/britishpathe/videos

Edited by Stoffer

It's bigger on the inside!

Amazing to see, even back then the love and cooperation between everyone. Also the baptism of a black sister would have caused quite a stir in the world back then! People still used to separate black and white people in those days and mixed swimming pools were only very slowly being introduced in the mid-late 60s, adn even then they were considered a taboo. But Jehovah's people were as always ahead of the curve and did not let the world's racist tones stop them from sharing universal love. 

Edited by EccentricM