JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

YouTube Classics (Post a video... any video!)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's what I would describe as an 'interesting' movie.  It uses the idea that Luke arrives in Rome at the time of Nero's persecution and visits Paul in prison.  He supposedly writes Acts from Paul's descriptions.  There are subplots where the main guard's daughter is dying and his 'gods' are proving ineffectual, but should he trust the Christians?  The Christians meanwhile are in hiding, but a few are wanting to take up arms against the Romans!

Take it with a pinch of salt. Overall I was disappointed by it. YMMV.

8 hours ago, Guri said:

Hi brothers,

Just wondered if its a nice movie. Has anyone seen it?

Paul

I recently watched "Silence", a movie about Catholic priests under persecution in Japan during the Shogunate of the 16th century. I felt sick about how spiritually empty the entire movie was and how bad it distorted the truth and took a great deal of liberties to sell some kind of "feel-good-story" about how faith is supposedly a very personal thing and works are irrelevant. Not a single scripture was quoted during the entire movie of more than two hours, but a great deal of paper was eaten and idols were praised.

Generally, the so-called Christian movies of today seem to cater a great deal to the group mention in 2 Timothy 3 who have an appearance of godly devotion but prove false to its power. The storyline often seems to depict Christianity as some kind of political or antipolitical movement instead of the actual path to reconciliation with Jehovah, somehow kind of mundane and not spiritual. If you observe the characters, they somehow seem to be bland actors in a political dilemma as opposed to being in touch with the Holy Spirit. Not seldomnly, certain liberties are taken, distorting the plot and ruining the experience completely. And at the end of the day, not a single scripture is ever quoted or sometimes not even referenced, so how spiritually sound can the movie be? Not to mention that nobody ever refers to Jehovah by name, which may be expected by worldly standards but, again, distorts the reality that Jehovah's servants did not avoid using the divine name because of some vile superstition as is the case today.

So generally, I don't watch these worldly Christian movies anymore because, even if they are close to the real deal (and this movie seems to do quite well in comparison), they somehow still miss the mark on some spots making you somewhat uncomfortable. Other movies are so bad that you would need to leave after only a few minutes (like Noah).

Generally, you can find a few reviews on such movies in the internet by googling the movie title and adding "Christian movie review" and you will get opinions from worldly Christians. Of course, they don't see the film from our spiritual perspective, but they tend to spot the blatant blasphemies and references to gnosticism or apocryphal content.

https://www.pluggedin.com/movie-reviews/paul-apostle-of-christ/

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry this isn’t a YouTube video. I didn’t want to start another topic.

Gotta scroll down aways for the actual video. 😒😒😒😒😒😒

https://www.inspiremore.com/baby-elephant-chases-birds/ utm_medium=social&utm_source=GROOD&utm_campaign=partner

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Humans just never watch out for danger. Or listen to warnings about drinking and driving....Er, riding a bike while possibly OUIL.

Sorry for the ad....☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

https://www.local10.com/news/wisconsin-woman-on-a-bike-falls-into-a-drawbridge

Edited by Loopy

This Husky is adorable....mad at owner for putting flea spray on her. Forgiveness doesn’t come easily for Mya. 😁😁😁😁😁

Can skip ad ☹️☹️☹️ very quickly

https://www.inspiremore.com/singing-husky/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=GROOD&utm_campaign=partner

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

This Husky is adorable....mad at owner for putting flea spray on her. Forgiveness doesn’t come easily for Mya. 😁😁😁😁😁

Can skip ad ☹️☹️☹️ very quickly

https://www.inspiremore.com/singing-husky/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=GROOD&utm_campaign=partner

That is hysterical!!!

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 2 weeks later...