JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

YouTube Classics (Post a video... any video!)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

One of my favorite speeches of all time is this, even more so with modern comparisons, and speaks volumes just how the scriptures speak of mankind.

The last line, when he called for soldiers of democracy to unite, who or what was he referring to...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Just now, Dove said:

But 2 Timothy 2 is Theocracy  😃

True that. I just wanted to make a spiritual comparison. In reality, the speech was to soliders fighting in WWII against Hitler, but the deeper message carries throughout all generations that human governments fail and echo what the Bible has said all along.

8 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

True that. I just wanted to make a spiritual comparison. In reality, the speech was to soliders fighting in WWII against Hitler, but the deeper message carries throughout all generations that human governments fail and echo what the Bible has said all along.

That's true..that message was there.. though most probably only heard the last line...😩

Thanks for sharing...

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• 2 weeks later...
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Snow White is real! 

The singing technique called "kulning" is an ancient Swedish herdingcall, that was used by women long time ago to call home the cattle (the cows and the goats) back home to the farm in the evenings. It was also used as a form of communication, since the high pitch sounds can be heard through very far distances.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope this isn't too political, since it refers to GOP Jesus and calls on viewers to go vote.

But you could apply it to the many, many Americans with their à la carte belief system. Rejecting authority but watching mixed martial arts, or complaining about "Christ" being taken out of Christmas while also mocking JWs for not celebrating Samhain. Also shows how little Christ's teachings have anything to do with what goes on in politics - "no part of this world"

Especially the last scripture is pretty powerful.

Further, he said to them: “You skillfully disregard the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.

Edited by ChocoBro

2 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

Not sure I grasp the connection for this one?

And I am sure you don't. You can't grasp a fart, so how could you grasp a brainfart?

I poorly worded that and was a little hasty when typing. I meant to say how these sovereign citizen types love to reject governmental authority and some think they're Christian, despite the Bible teachings, and that many don't think that the non-violence passages in the Bible apply to recreational sports viewing or owning guns for self-defense, let alone the collapse of society. So I guess the "but" should have been an "and"