JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

That's great. My GD comes here and I take her out in the garden. Doesn't matter what time of year, I have something growing. Right now there's tomato and lettuce in the greenhouse and 12 lettuces, brussel sprouts, leeks, potatoes and kale in the garden, and another 12 hills of spuds, done and need to dig. She gets her hands dirty and has learned how to dig spuds carefully. How to plant, how to weed, spread straw, fertilize. I'm getting a load of horse poop and will rent a chipper shredder to shoot it through, comes out fantastic, she TOTALLY loves that!

OH! Learned of another way to garden. In a select portion of the garden spread horse stall wood pellets, water well, spread straw on top, water well and use fertilizer then load with soil on top. Plant in the soil. The pellets and straw will create heat as it decomposes, what you plant will love warm feet! Going to try it now and then again early spring. Can't remember what it's called, but I'm game. Autumn's gonna love doing this with me. 

I love that warm feeling of the earth when one is replanting and feels the heat underneath. Good bio lesson on photosynthesis, but we don't really need to know that to grow delicious foods, but maybe to pass a test. 

The feel of aged horse manure pulverized down into a powder is the most amazing feeling. It's so feathery, it falls through your fingers and glides back to the ground. And after spreading it grows all kinds of leeks! 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

We have 2 compost bins. We fill one during the year, then leave it composting for a year while we use the other one. At the end of the year the first bin has beautiful rotted compost - straight onto the garden and an empty bin to use the next year!

Veg peelings etc, egg shells, and some paper and card - all go in; "greens" and "browns".

Edited for atroshus spelling.

Edited by bohemian

The feel of aged horse manure pulverized down into a powder is the most amazing feeling. It's so feathery, it falls through your fingers and glides back to the ground. And after spreading it grows all kinds of leeks! 

When I was backside at the Through Bread Horse Race Track (Suffolk Downs) where my bio Dad trained horses, I was always struck by how clean smelling it was. There was a distinct aroma, but it was not unpleasant. Horse manure  is thought to be the cleanest of all, human or animal. I didn't like the racing part, but I miss the shed-rows, horses, jockeys, trainers, and hot walkers.  Sigh.

With only one horse, and that one being "miniature", we do not have enough house donuts to be beneficial - however, chicken and rabbit - that is another matter all together :eek:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

When I was backside at the Through Bread Horse Race Track (Suffolk Downs) where my bio Dad trained horses, I was always struck by how clean smelling it was. There was a distinct aroma, but it was not unpleasant. Horse manure is thought to be the cleanest of all, human or animal. I didn't like the racing part, but I miss the shed-rows, horses, jockeys, trainers, and hot walkers. Sigh.

Through Bread Horse Race Track? That is an interesting name, "Through Bread"

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Edited by Witness1970

I've done lots of different manure but horse seems to be the best, chicken?? AGH!! Runnnn. Someone forgot to age it and spread it all over in their flower beds, that door in service is one I won't forget! My eyes were running from the potency! Rabbit is wonderful too but I can't get my hands on any right now.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I do, it's so silky smooth, unless it's raining then it's well....not light and fluffy anymore. HA! 

Pictures, we want pictures, this is a picture topic!

Some have never seen silky smooth horse manure!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Jerry, as soon as it stops raining I'll post a pic!! You just wait and see, it's the nicest manure you've ever seen!! Fluffy, smooth.......ummmm good composted manure. Or maybe we can call it a poop pic? Nah, that may offend some.  

Jerry, as soon as it stops raining I'll post a pic!! You just wait and see, it's the nicest manure you've ever seen!! Fluffy, smooth.......ummmm good composted manure. Or maybe we can call it a poop pic? Nah, that may offend some.  

Sounds like a bunch of horse manure to me! 

:bouncing:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I was using the word poop, here I'm vindicated!

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/17797/20151027/loss-animals-poop-disrupts-nutrient-cycles-new-study-shows.htm

Arggg, why didn't it open up!

Edited by bagwell1987

Speaking of horses...

Amazing Gracie

article-1079059-02E7B2F300000578-491_468

"Horsing Around: The curious filly, called Gracie, caught in a tree."

Amazingly...

article-1079059-02E7B2F700000578-360_468

"She suffered only minor injuries after being cut free with a chainsaw."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1079059/Having-mare-The-horse-got-head-stuck-tree.html

Probably scared the poop right outta her!

^_^ 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif