JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Okay, let's keep it clean. Anything goes, whether personal pics or funny pics you come across. You can upload one attachment per post through the message editor. Keep them small, 600x600 or less. Anything larger will get reduced to 600x600 for display in the posts but that just makes the software work harder. You can also link to a picture on the internet by using bbcode image tags or using the img.gif button in the message editor. I'll start... with a picture of my dog, Cookie...

5143=66-Cookie.jpg

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I miss my baby!!!! Diamond' date=' my very first pit!!!!! I still cry since giving her up.

5145=67-me and diamond.jpg [/quote'] So what happened to Diamond and Duke? Did you have them both at the same time? I had a dog previously name Tasha who I had to put down in February 2008. I'll get a pic of her on here maybe tomorrow. - Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Yeah we had them together!!! We rescued Duke from a dog fighter that was using him as "prey". Basically, they would tie him down and let the other dogs chew on him, get a taste of blood. They even docked his tail very poorly. We rescued him, and gave him a great place!!! The most gentlest dog I have ever met!!! He was always laying by the boys, hanging with them, protecting them from anyone he didn't recognize!!! We had to get rid of the both of them because they wouldn't fit in our truck on the move here. We barely had room for the 4 of us!!! Plus, there is a law here where pits are forbidden, unless you have a $100,000 insurance, and a 6 ft closed in kennel. *sighs* That is why I am a firm supporter of....

5148=69-dont discriminate.jpg

that is so sad! what did you end up doing with them? i have to admit i am not a fan of the pitbull altho my best friend had one and he was very affectionate. guess i have heard too many stories of attacks and the owners would say the dog was always gentle, they didn't know what set the dog off.

i really can't read stories of animals being abused (like your dog was). it is just too upsetting to me. i have to turn tv off if there's a news story about neglected animals....i can handle news stories of ppl being murdered tho.:D

Since everyone seems to be sharing their dog's pictures, i thought i'd add mine too :) He's half pitbull/half shar pei. I had played around with the effects when i had posted it before elsewhere...i couldn't find any recent ones in color. His name is Peanut (but since he's kind of grown out of that stage), i usually call him PB (short for peanut butter)

5168=70-100_0007_.jpg

Yeah we had them together!!! We rescued Duke from a dog fighter that was using him as "prey". Basically' date=' they would tie him down and let the other dogs chew on him, get a taste of blood. They even docked his tail very poorly. We rescued him, and gave him a great place!!! The most gentlest dog I have ever met!!! He was always laying by the boys, hanging with them, protecting them from anyone he didn't recognize!!! We had to get rid of the both of them because they wouldn't fit in our truck on the move here. We barely had room for the 4 of us!!! Plus, there is a law here where pits are forbidden, unless you have a $100,000 insurance, and a 6 ft closed in kennel. *sighs* That is why I am a firm supporter of....

5148=69-dont discriminate.jpg [/quote'] When I was younger, I knew a family with pitbulls. I never had any issues with them, and would have loved to take one of them home with me. Her name was 'orphan' lol. She was very, very playful. I have also been attacked by a dog before, and it fit the profile of most dogs that attack. Unneutered male, between the ages of 1-3. Of ANY breed. This one happened to be a German Shep. What I really get upset about is the owners, it's the owners like the ones you rescued Duke from that are the key factor in how a dog responds. Plus you get parents who don't watch their kids, and the kids hit, bite, pull fur and you name it. I had some little jerks in the neighbourhood who used to come by and throw ROCKS at my husky. She began to dislike children for that reason, and in the end needed to be put down because of her aggressiveness towards them. Really though, who was at fault? It certainly wasn't her. I hate this system.

Now that I am back online I can take the time to comment on some of these (tu)

Since everyone seems to be sharing their dog's pictures, i thought i'd add mine too :) He's half pitbull/half shar pei... His name is Peanut

He's a cutie. I am such a dog person :-)

Isn't there a blond character in High School Musical named "Shar Pei"?

- Bob

"Jehovah is opening up his hand and satisfying the desire of every living thing."

That scripture was the first thing that popped in my head when I saw your first photo :)

- Bob

this looks so real! this is why i don't believe every picture i get sent to me!
I worked long and hard on that one. It probably took longer than it should have because I was laughing the whole time. I'm trying to find the originals. Here is the one of the monkey...

5309=79-bald-monkey.jpg