JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

sunset-fire-Elena-Gissi-Lisanza-Lombardy

http://earthsky.org/earth/photo-smokey-sunset-skies-over-italy?

October 29, 2017 photo by Elena Gissi in Lisanza, Lombardy, Italy.

Over the past couple of weeks, as firefighters have struggled to contain them, 

wildfires have raged in northern Italy.

We received two photos of the unusual sunset skies over northern Italy on October 29, 2017.

First, Elena Gissi in Lisanza, Lombardy, Italy wrote:

This photo is not post-processed. The sky was really like this, and one of reasons is the abundance of small particles caused by forest fires occurring some 100 kilometers [60 miles] westward.  Good for photographers… Only for them, though.

Why does the sky look like this?

It looks as if there’s actual smoke in the air, for one thing.

Also, an intense red sunset can result when smoke particles filter out

the shorter-wavelength colors in sunlight – the greens, blues, yellows and purples – and leave

the red and orange colors behind.

I wonder if, since the rate of wildfires has been increasing globally, someone will coin a name

for these swirling, intense red sunset skies occurring near fire sites.

We’ve seen multiple photos of them this year, from various spots around the globe. 

Guess California has company, when it comes to out of control fires. :(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

dance-gif-1.gif

Whaaaat.gif.2b2c3e2c084290d4ec6187fd3d243619.gif

Visitors to the Panthéon in Paris earlier this month have been encountering an unusual sight. For about ten days in October, multi-disciplinary movement artist Yoann Bourgeois installed a rotating circular stairway with a discrete trampoline at its center, and a small cast of anonymously clothed dancers trudged up the steps, each one falling in succession onto the trampoline and seamlessly rebounding back on to the stairs.

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2017/10/anonymous-dancers-demonstrate-the-mechanics-of-history-in-a-performance-by-yoann-bourgeois

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

While out in service Saturday my wife and I were enjoying the autumn colors, gold, browns and reds when we came upon this tree. Not sure what we are looking at, at first we thought a wild pear was seasonally mixed up thinking it was spring, we have had some unusual weather, but not that unusual.

autim Trees.jpg

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I think we had another 'spring' early this fall. I have a second growth of tomatillo that came up in September. They began growing so good I moved them into the green house and now they have blooms on them. I'm still growing and harvesting lettuce too. Lew tried his hand at planting potatoes in there too for early spring harvest, not realizing how they'd take off this fall. In the garden I have 5 potato plants and, believe it or not, so much more dill I'm picking it for stronger dill flavor in the frig pickles. Loooong growing season this year.

59fcf35e9b8ca_tomatillo(861x1531).thumb.jpg.4fca108ff93263606e3d5eef64dca827.jpg59fcf3d06ce73_lettuce(2)(1531x861).thumb.jpg.ae8dcb3a9227e1cbd1c390c46dcfb72f.jpg59fcf3d3023df_lettuce(1)(1531x861).thumb.jpg.88676422284cca0cabbcafdc9f9d4b81.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

19 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I saw this on my MSN home page. Apparently darker days cause you to misspell words too..

Tou sad...:uhhuh:

5a01f72ab086d_TouSad.JPG.3d24b5501da1b3d4cb6ed4eea1c0592b.JPG

No one proof reads anymore.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

No one proof reads anymore.

Maybe 'tou' is the name of the frosty smiley face? :D

Fix 'tou' by turning the windshield wipers on. ^_^

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

All 3 of these photos wee taken of other religions trying to copy our cart witnessing. One is Catholic and other 2 are Muslims.

Two pics taken in Spain. Unsure of location of the long bearded Muslim..

IMG-20171031-WA0009_1510165881054.jpg

image2.png

image3.png

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

The Mormons did it first with displays many years ago. I remember seeing some of their young "elder" missionaries doing street work on the board walk in Coney Island, NY. on Saturdays back in the '70's. Of course, all they had to offer was free spiritual junk food that was already spoiled! :D

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

31 minutes ago, minister159 said:

The Mormons did it first with displays many years ago. I remember seeing some of their young "elder" missionaries doing street work on the board walk in Coney Island, NY. on Saturdays back in the '70's. Of course, all they had to offer was free spiritual junk food that was already spoiled! :D

Glad you posted the above. Many of our brothers and sister seem to think we invented the wheel. Like the wheel on our cars we put someone els' idea to a better use.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

It may be that we did not invent the idea, but apparently it didn't catch on till now. Maybe the others were not successful because it didn't last, but our success has renewed interest..:)

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Found an old hard drive with some pictures from memory lane, I thought they were long gone.

This was our RV, unlike your RV we never took this to a convention. That is my oldest son on the day we took possession at Ilwaco, WA.

We had some good times taking the friends out cruising in Puget Sound. Here are some, the Jacobsons visiting from North Carolina.

All from a long time ago and far, far away. :crying:

Upsalla4jpg.jpg

Jacobsons.jpg

21 hours ago, Guri said:

I saw this on the carpark. :))

A3800E78-CD5F-4FFB-9853-4CB69BE4CC64.jpeg

I think I would be tempted to leave the current WT on their windshield ( I know we're not allow to do so ), or trying to hang around until they came to make the offer of the WT.

Is this a rental car company, check out the writing under the scripture?

Edited by 1gemstone

A sister who used to be in my congregation was in New York state to see Bethel recently. She also visited a few sites in New York City, one of them being one of the many NYC museums. She sent me some photos she took there, including the following. It's a picture of one of the Baals (left) worshipped by the apostate Israelites, with its mother!

IMG_0238.thumb.jpg.2f578612bccd373f04b529db0b06e690.jpg

I don't get it. How could the Israelites turn away from worshipping our lovely God Jehovah to worshipping something so ugly?

Edited by Sheep

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

A sister who used to be in my congregation was in New York state to see Bethel recently. She also visited a few sites in New York City, one of them being one of the many NYC museums. She sent me some photos she took there, including the following. It's a picture of one of the Baals (left) worshipped by the apostate Israelites, with its mother!

IMG_0238.thumb.jpg.2f578612bccd373f04b529db0b06e690.jpg

I don't get it. How could the Israelites turn away from worshipping our lovely God Jehovah to worshipping something so ugly?

Eeeeuuuuh!!!   When it comes to ugly, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.5a076fdc312aa_Gagme.gif.e8983528dea163306dd9bae73eca8727.gif