JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

So thankful to have my guard dog "Dottie" in these last days.  You never know when a five pound Chihuahua will come in handy!!  

Group Dottie Guard Dog.jpg

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

On 11/25/2017 at 6:01 PM, Victoria said:

Everyday guests in my garden (while the fruit on the tree lasts LOL )

Gorgeous - just gorgeous.

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

n_saw-whet_owl_glenn_bartley.jpg.f497e73bdde2863b70a8371a38820282.jpg

About a month ago I was almost home from work when I spied something on the center line in the road. As I passed it it looked like a small animal. I turned around and went back, stopping traffic as I got out I got a couple rags from the back to pick up what appeared to be an injured bird. He didn't fuss much as I gently wrapped my rags around him and lifted him to my chest, only did a little clicking noise. I got back in and pulled over and called Fish and Game, apparently there's a bird rescue 'satellite' home/sanctuary here so I drove there and gave them the little bird.

I didn't hear back how he did but hoped he survived. Then yesterday I was reading and heard a noise I couldn't make out. A few minutes later I took the pups out potty and Chester went over to sniff something on the patio, a stunned bird. I shooed Chester away and sat with the bird for 15 minutes, or until my backside froze on the steps I was sitting on (!) and it still didn't move, it'd been at least half an hour. So I thought I'd do the whole rescue thing again. Got a rag and carefully picked up the bird, heading off to the sanctuary. But no one was there. I called F & G again from the neighborhood store, left a message and headed back home. As I did the bird finally started to squirm. I made it to the driveway and stopped, I opened the door and bent down to allow the bird to step out of the towel, he did but he seemed like he didn't want to leave! He kept looking back at me, a few times, then finally hopped away.

When I got back in the house Elizabeth, from the sanctuary, called. I told her about the latest rescue and how, after almost an hour, the bird recovered and flew away. Happy ending. Then I asked her about the first bird. Apparently it was a Saw-Whet owl. She said that when they get hit by a car most times their eyes are damaged, he was hurt but not as bad as some. They hand fed him for 2 weeks but then he started to hunt by himself in the enclosure and they eventually were able to release him. He was so small and cute.

I'm not a big fan of being close to birds, being very afraid of parrots, but these last 2 rescues tugged at my heart. Look forward to the NS when birds will be our friends.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

4 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Nah, not much of a shopper, just wondering. And I like his hat too, he looks like a genuine native! From my USA perspective:)

His...? That’s me in the picture :D

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Cows are cool.

But this cow is REALLY cool! ...and three-faced. ^_^

5a3bee544e270_FacesinCowface.jpg.gif.c170a6c2f76e18cf1010816b3bd37b84.gif

Is that real? 

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

2 minutes ago, Dove said:

Is that real? 

Yes.  This is not one of our cows, but we had Holstein cows for over 40 years and you wouldn't believe some of the cool

designs and patterns some of them had on their black and white hides.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 hours ago, Dove said:

Is that real? 

https://goo.gl/images/ZwPNmf

It may have been altered.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

https://goo.gl/images/ZwPNmf

It may have been altered.

Good detective work!

I googled and googled, and all the info I found said it was legit.

Guess I didn't google enough. ^_^

Also, I have seen so many cool markings on cows, I was willing to believe it was legit. :D

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I don't know if this is photo-shopped, but I've seen so many horses' manes, I am willing to believe it isn't. :D  Anyways, the play on words is fun. 

5a3c18bfca343_Horsememe.jpg.ffd9e7e495a943068cc25c64f9ccb0b5.jpg

Also, whilst I was googling the cow photo's authenticity,

I came across this and I have been snickering ever since:

5a3c192af200a_GIJoehuntingsquirrels.jpg.79fccd80b0deec9634d5214aea7956ce.jpg

This one is definitely NOT photo-shopped. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Cow faces remind me of those Rorschach inkblots::wacko:

Cow1.jpg.af2e4c62b1c355ad24a0d57e00342e3c.jpg

I don't need an inkblot to figure out what I'm thinking, It's pretty easy to know what I'm thinking when I look at a cow..

:eat:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I don't need an inkblot to figure out what I'm thinking, It's pretty easy to know what I'm thinking when I look at a cow..

:eat:

Porterhouse and Tracey's grill!:D

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34