JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

17 minutes ago, Old said:

A very stormy day here on the Oregon Coast. My Wife and drove to Depoe Bay to view the high surf, 35 to 40 ft waves in the forecast. Here is Gertrude facing the storm. Note Coast Guard helicopter hovering over the breakers.

Depoe Bay.jpg

Here is a shot from the drone that dropped a flotation device to Jerry and Gertrude a few minutes later...:o

Drone.JPG.d441ca26a07c6e79b30a235dd90c8a2c.JPG

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Nice picture Jerry.

I've been hearing the warnings for high surf on the radio for the last 2 days . So many people underestimate the danger.  http://www.stltoday.com/news/science/sneaker-wave-deaths-witnessed-by-mom-show-need-for-awareness/article_2fdfa9aa-b881-550b-b380-91d487cbe4a7.html

Looks like you folks are getting the wind we had yesterday. I have a table just outside the kitchen with my grill and propane tank on it. Tucked against the house. The wind was so fierce it picked up the table and flipped it upside down. Then before I could grab my raincoat it flipped it around again. Poor little grill, I had to bend the lid a bit to get it to fit again.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Further on the photo I posted above, #7475. 

We didn't know until we got home, this is why the helicopter was in the picture:

Coast Guard Helo trying to spot missing man in the bay…
11:25am
A latino male in a blue windbreaker was walking along the rocks off Clarke Street in Depoe Bay when a big wave washed him in to the water. Nobody can see him. The Coast Guard cannot launch a motorlifeboat craft because the waves are too huge.

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

As a bald man, I noticed that too and jokingly thought the same thing 
I keep it close and tight and said "what's up with that!", when I saw that pic of receding hairline . Guess male/female pattern baldness isn't a priority/immediate concern in Paradise. 🤣

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My grand girl Autumn is here with me this weekend, YAY! Her hair is so wild we have to control it with a braid so here's a new style we came up with.

She's going to work with me in the morning so I hope it lasts all day.

5a62be2e46e0d_braid(861x1531).thumb.jpg.62f544d506320ae5f71f23d056f2302a.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

gorman.jpg.dbc2ea75ab4635da850527f7a298d534.jpg

Here's one of a snowmobile trip, couple brothers drive 17hrs to ride here over the holidays.  It was cold, but great to get up there. It was the super moon early this month, so bright it almost looks like the sun

Edited by Mountain man

•   Rare, Mohawk-Wearing Fish Discovered 'Walking' on Seafloor
    $
    Divers recently found a group of red handfish (Thymichthys politus), a rare and critically endangered species known only in southeastern Tasmania, Australia.
    Credit: Auscape/UIG/Getty

The discovery of a new group of weird fish — which sport bright-red, Mohawk-like fins on their head and finger-like fins on their sides to help them "walk" on the ocean floor — has delighted the divers who encountered them, just as they were trying to document the extremely endangered species.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

Lew was at work yesterday when the Rainier forester, Frank, came up to check on the landing and make sure all the logs were to length. He and Lew got along so good, he said they talked and talked like long lost buddies. Lew told him how nice it was to visit with him, like they were on the same wave length and he agreed. They are of similar ages so he thought that was it.

Today Frank came up again and had his Cruiser vest on,  on it he had a button Lew thought was a flag until he got closer. It was OUR button! This was our brother! Lew is still talking about it!

Jw-org-Lapel-Pin-Blue.jpg_640x640.jpg.bda8253ddfb78f27f7760aad4312be10.jpg