JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

6 hours ago, Mini said:

Ruby visiting Kings Canyon in Central Australia. She's my service, working dog.

20180510_074108.jpg

Sweet

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

On 6/8/2018 at 11:51 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

My Blue and Gold Macaw, Alex, after a shower:

He's mad cuz I wouldn't let him bite the blow-dryer.  So he's attacking his toys, instead.^_^

Is that an African Grey in the cage? We had the exact same set up!

Dad bought ‘Tufty’ 1975 and mum couldn’t look after him when dad died (1999) so we had to have him. 

This could be the weirdest reason ever to ask for an elder to visit:

March 2017 Tufty fell off his perch for the last time. Emma and I were stuck upstairs, I was mute, and our son was having regular seizures. So Emma had to call “John” to come and bury our dead parrot in the back garden!

#piningForTheFjords

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

12 hours ago, ChrisC said:

Is that an African Grey in the cage? 

Yes.  Zach is an African Grey Timneh, which is not as big as a Congo.

Thanks for sharing your parrot experience.  Wish it could have had a happier ending for you.

I have had Zach since 1992 and Alex since 2004.  They are a labor of love. 😁

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

70.41 meter Superyacht Felix in town.
#64 in the Superyacht chart. (Blue one)
Current owner unknown.
Yours for a cool $100 Million

We had Mr Google here with his Superyacht 73 meter last year. He owns Dragonfly (White yacht). You can charter it for $780,000 per week.

We pass this marina on our way to do carts, and these big ones sure catch the eye! cd626b8465e373d0427645e9e6ed31ee.jpgf693c5f549d04adf1e8cc6deb139a90b.jpg

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

Lew had to go back to the job and fuel his machine. It can carry 300 gallons of fuel but his crummy can only haul 105 gallons so he needs to stay on top of it. I got to ride along. Took some pictures.

This is his dangle-head. I've actually got to help him work on the grab arms. I really love heavy machinery. So powerful and can make a big job small!

141616854_machine(1531x861).thumb.jpg.f5e63bd6c14e62625e50c52e8829a61d.jpg

This is his view up here, been here since January. Over the hill in the distance is the Columbia river and the Pacific ocean

870780600_view(1531x861).thumb.jpg.2d4239445c81fa4e199c62790facfe6d.jpg

This is a stump I thought was pretty, all the stuff growing on it.

397912100_stump(861x1531).thumb.jpg.25934e0c106779812da397a4be4d328d.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

It's a danglehead processor. The grab arms grasp a log, the thumbnail drive wheels pull the log through and removes limbs and cleans the log up, cuts it to length- there are 2 saws, one front and one butt saw.  He then sorts the log among several different sorts, lengths and types. Lots of math and concentration.

Sitting in the drivers seat is intimidating, this thing is a monster. I'd rather work on it instead of operate it!

Here's a little vid of it- this guy is cutting shorter lengths than they do here.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I remember seeing a program about tree harvesters. One of the things they mentioned is that a hand-held chainsaw blade only cuts with every other tooth with the teeth in between used as "chippers" to remove the already cut wood from the cutting teeth.

They then explained that the saws used in harvesters have blades where every tooth is a self-chiping cutting tooth and that is why they cut so fast. They said that the reason this can work is because the chain and bar is being held and operated by the machine - that a man would not be able to hold and use a saw so aggressive without injury.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

We have the same harvesters here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

They are called Feller Bunchers, because they fell the trees,  and then bunch them up into piles.

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Spell wreck strikes again.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif