JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

We have Feller bunchers here too but the machine Louie is using is a cross between a loader, a feller buncher, and a delimber. It has a thumb on the back side to balance the logs so he can use it as a loader. They are quite impressive machines to watch operate but they're so big and powerful and Loud I'm very intimidated by them. I climbed up in Lewis seat and just the climb alone was overwhelming I didn't think I was going to make it up in there. But I'll tell you that seat he's got oh my goodness that's an air cushion seat wow that's a Cadillac of seats!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Some of the feller/bunchers they use here are hydraulic instead of having a saw - they snip the pine trees off a couple feet from the ground.

They then lay them down and drag them backwards through a thing that looks like a giant bike parking rack to de-limb them

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

17 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Some of the feller/bunchers they use here are hydraulic instead of having a saw - they snip the pine trees off a couple feet from the ground.

They then lay them down and drag them backwards through a thing that looks like a giant bike parking rack to de-limb them

We have those 'snipper' 'delimber' ones here, too.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, Qapla said:

I remember seeing a program about tree harvesters. One of the things they mentioned is that a hand-held chainsaw blade only cuts with every other tooth with the teeth in between used as "chippers" to remove the already cut wood from the cutting teeth.

They then explained that the saws used in harvesters have blades where every tooth is a self-chiping cutting tooth and that is why they cut so fast. They said that the reason this can work is because the chain and bar is being held and operated by the machine - that a man would not be able to hold and use a saw so aggressive without injury.

The tree Harvesters are a tool that is used mostly around here for thinning not necessarily for the clear-cut work. And the chain has what's called a tooth and a rake so you're somewhat right about your description of the chain. But it's not every tooth that cuts every tooth Cuts but every rake remove the debris.

About the machine doing the work that a man cannot do I've not seen that, the only difference the machine makes is that it's a hydraulic machine. I've seen some men wheeled that chainsaw so impressively that it's like a third arm for them it just becomes second nature. I guess it just has to deal with the difference between man and machine.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

23 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I really love heavy machinery

Yeah, me too...

Spent 20yrs as an Operating Engineers Heavy Eq Mechanic,  it's kinda in the blood. ...

Like playing with toy trucks and stuff,  only bigger. ..lol

Edited by tekmantwo

I don't know. ..

14 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Yeah, me too...

Spent 20yrs as an Operating Engineers Heavy Eq Mechanic,  it's kinda in the blood. ...

Like playing with toy trucks and stuff,  only bigger. ..lol

I was more a truck/tractor person. In my business I operated propane burnishers and swing machines, loved it. Only the swing machine now, burnishers are too powerful for me.

But helping Lew work on his machine is always fun, slip on the black disposables and dig in!

10 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

slip on the black disposables and dig in!

Ha, yeah,  I hear ya..

I remember a couple of times,  getting to the jobsite and not really being into bending wrenches on the 40+ pieces of equipment I was responsible for, me and a couple of the other mechanics would get into mud or dirt fights, just to get the filthy part out of the way early, so we could get to work. When an operator looks at you like you're crazy,  you win:lol1:

I've even been known to throw myself on the ground and roll around like a dog does, just getting my head straight. ..lol.

I was just web surfing for sights of Jehovah's Creation to pause and reflect on,

when I came across this:

1242020388_FlyGeyserNevada.jpg.c000c84683afca1c2ed7e8347eeaa6ae.jpg

fly-geyser-1.jpg.344feeb41abeb9e0a55997e2ed2e2c39.jpg

I was wondering why I had never seen it before, but then discovered it is on private land.

Before becoming the Martian-esque, “We come in peace” waterworks it is today, the Fly Ranch Geyser was just an ordinary man-made well drilled in the early 1900s. Eventually piping hot, geothermally heated water began to rise through cracks in the well and up to the ground’s surface through what is now Fly Geyser. Though workers tried to cap it off and prevent leakage of the hot water, their efforts were obviously unsuccessful.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-of-the-day/2010/8/fly-geyser-nevada/

This was another great reflector I found: 

8c13bac8-16f0-4674-90aa-e362fc1ea063.jpg

Also known as emerald creeper, jade vine plants (Strongylodon macrobotrys) are so extravagant that you have to see to believe. 

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/jade-vine/care-of-jade-vines.htm

Lastly, I just love the truthfulness of this quote:

496260003_wallacestevensquote.jpg.175ef0454a8d10602339145013d8cf2b.jpg

^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I got all Heirloom seeds this year, boy do the seeds come up quick- except for the giant leeks- they're kinda slow.

I love radishes, I'm German so why not a Giant German Radish? Oh wow, these are a joy to watch grow. Picked my first one tonight. Goodness, it took 6 big bites and 3 little finish-it-up bites to eat it!   :thumbsup:

423086935_picked(1531x861).thumb.jpg.ce87a12f8c20f9424b100ef935e5497b.jpg

1844368444_6bites(861x1531).thumb.jpg.b560bcb882cb646dae2a36da3c64f39b.jpg

This is the next one I'll pick. I only need one for a meal! Lew doesn't like radishes, oh so sad:crying:   To bad big boy! They're all mine!

203274256_bigones(1531x861).thumb.jpg.5283e14050b47d2f1f3d6e202b32cb6d.jpg

The 3 rows are short but where some seed didn't come up I planted more and they're coming along fine. In the first pic you can see I have seed germinating, I'll be able to plant them in about 5 days, there's about 25, they'll be ahead of the game. 

2065788032_rows(1531x861).thumb.jpg.91ec1bf28e9f7184578f0252a8dc76cf.jpg

there's a brother in my hall who prides himself on his radishes.......wait till he gets a look at the one I'll bring him Sunday:eat:

Edited by bagwell1987

On 6/19/2018 at 11:31 AM, gayathri said:

It's wayanad, KeralaIMG-20180612-WA0042.jpeg

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

Love the elephants. Those are BIG cows!!!!!!!  Is that a TENT up in the tree?  The winding roads are pretty.... but maybe not in a bus. 

On 6/18/2018 at 7:50 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

I was just web surfing for sights of Jehovah's Creation to pause and reflect on,

when I came across this:

1242020388_FlyGeyserNevada.jpg.c000c84683afca1c2ed7e8347eeaa6ae.jpg

fly-geyser-1.jpg.344feeb41abeb9e0a55997e2ed2e2c39.jpg

I was wondering why I had never seen it before, but then discovered it is on private land.

This was another great reflector I found: 

8c13bac8-16f0-4674-90aa-e362fc1ea063.jpg

Lastly, I just love the truthfulness of this quote:

496260003_wallacestevensquote.jpg.175ef0454a8d10602339145013d8cf2b.jpg

^_^

I NEED THAT BLUE FLOWERING PLANT!

Edited by trottigy

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

9 hours ago, normaclutter said:

Cute possum.... but what kind of tree is that?

Don't know scientific name? but it has plenty of yellow fruit double size of a cherry.

The tree is on the left. Parrots love it too.

1-IMG_02vv01.JPG

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

Don't know scientific name? but it has plenty of yellow fruit double size of a cherry.

The tree is on the left. Parrots love it too.

1-IMG_02vv01.JPG

I knew it!! It’s a loquat. I recognize the leaves and you confirmed it by your comment. I love them!  

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

Oh wow, I looked it up. I'd love to try this fruit. And drink tea made from the leaves.

And Greg, I'd love to casually talk about parrots being on my property. Parrots in the wild! Wow, someday I'll know what that's like. All we have here, for unique birds,  is doves, lots of doves.

I really like your back yard, so nice.