JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

14 minutes ago, Qapla said:

We have more blackberries than we can use - and we don't even have to plant them ..... they grow wild here -- so do elderberries

Ya, last year we harvested almost 5 gallons of blackberries from the back field and north side of the house. We looked at the north side today and decided we may not need to pick in the field this year- they're LOADED.

We have red elderberries here, some say you can't eat them some say you can. Have you eaten the black ones? I understand they contain cyanide and must be cooked but then again they say cooking concentrates the cyanide. IDK, I hear of elderberry wine and jam......curious.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Nice to see what you guys look like ... and all dressed up

Now, if I have thise right - Bob on the left - Shawn on the right :shrugs:

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Saturday I was hurrying through town to do a shift on the Congregation's Market Kiosk. The main pedestrianized street was packed with old restored vehicles for a Classic and Vintage Car and Bike Event. Further on I bumped into an 'old friend', a blue and cream coloured Leyland Titan double-decked bus - see photo.

This bus, fleet number 169, entered service in 1958. After learning to drive on a similar bus, I drove No.169 and the rest of the fleet for a number of years in the 1970s.

I wished there was time to ask if I could climb into the cab, but I needed to rush. Just time to take a couple of photos. I enjoyed driving these old buses and it made my day to meet this 'old friend'.

Leyland Titan.JPG

On 6/22/2018 at 4:30 AM, bagwell1987 said:

They don't 'coo' like so many people think, they have a different sort of noise they make. And they're territorial, fight the robins for the worms, aggressively.

Excuse me. but I think you are talking about two different birds. I love to hear mourning doves. I haven't heard them for years since we do not have mourning doves in Alaska but we have lots of the other doves (pigeons) and yes they are very territorial and combative. They tend to be various colors, even white (the doves they set loose on special occasions). The mourning doves I remember looked like the pic Old attached to his note and I love to hear them on a quiet summer evening. Alas, I miss them now. There was good info about all the different kinds of doves in Wikipedia. 

Well, I finally have my barn boards installed where I can enjoy them. I have to put linseed oil on them, they'll look so good and be preserved for longer but have to work tomorrow after meeting so it'll wait till Monday.

They're kinda irregular, like me, but I asked the fence guy to let the irregularities shine. He left all the strange cuts so I could see them. I'm so happy with the new gates and fence. So very happy.

south gate (1531 x 861).jpg

North gate (1531 x 861).jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

35 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Well, I finally have my barn boards installed where I can enjoy them. I have to put linseed oil on them, they'll look so good and be preserved for longer but have to work tomorrow after meeting so it'll wait till Monday.

They're kinda irregular, like me, but I asked the fence guy to let the irregularities shine. He left all the strange cuts so I could see them. I'm so happy with the new gates and fence. So very happy.

south gate (1531 x 861).jpg

North gate (1531 x 861).jpg

Very nice yard and garden...😊

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

2 hours ago, blueyellow said:

A picture I took yesterday.

It may come in handy.

IMG_20180728_091223.jpg

A middle of the road commode...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

My favorite bouquet. Giant German radish. Have the last 20 of the seed planted. Will definitely plant again.

Do they taste stronger than the average garden variety?

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

9 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Do they taste stronger than the average garden variety?

Actually they have a milder flavor. They are so amazing I just love watching them grow.

3 hours ago, DavidMc said:

Sister Cheryl, what else do you have planted?

I have new potatoes, red potatoes, leaks, green beans- I just canned 3 quarts of them last night yay! And I have peas but I'll start picking here pretty quick I'm hoping to have a one gallon freezer bag full. I wanted more this year but the growing season was so slow getting going. Then I have two very prolific spaghetti squash plants that are literally taking over, a tub of carrots, salad plate lettuce, and 9 cucumber plants of which I've just started harvesting. I hope to get 2 gallons of refrigerator pickles and enough for my daughter and a neighbor to make some for themselves.