JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

3 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

about 2 1/2 five gallon buckets full.

So the 'seed' had to be still in the soil? Good thing potatoes can be 'helled' over for a goodly time..

I love your garden..it's so neat, organized and clean...I would buy vegetables from you..☺️

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

6 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

It's a closeup of this succulent. I tried my hand at a very small succulent garden last year, I was afraid it wouldn't survive our wet winters. It did great.

1441575656_suc.2(861x1531).thumb.jpg.bbbd753fe66adce9bc3acb4cfaf3a027.jpg

Even though I don't have much experience with them succulent was the word that sprang to my mind. I always liked the 'full of water' feel they have to them. It even seemed to come through in the picture.

How amazing our eyesight is that it can even pick up not just colors and form, but the 'feel' of something even in a photo, like tweed, denim. silk, wool, wood vs. steel; the fuzzy body of a bumblebee or the soft feeling of a birds feathers, or..a baby's skin.

Just received a video of my latest beautiful great-granddaughter; she's the 20th..:wub:

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

4 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

It's a closeup of this succulent. I tried my hand at a very small succulent garden last year, I was afraid it wouldn't survive our wet winters. It did great.

1441575656_suc.2(861x1531).thumb.jpg.bbbd753fe66adce9bc3acb4cfaf3a027.jpg

Details about this pplant, please, dear Sis.

In botany, succulent plants, also known as succulents, are plants that have some parts that are more than normally thickened and fleshy, usually to retain water in arid climates or soil conditions.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Glad I keep the tags- I forget what I plant

1973801596_tag2(861x1531).thumb.jpg.39b98bfb730bb4681af15177243d3f28.jpg1474653193_tag1(861x1531).thumb.jpg.a28d708b96a92481596f2a12520106d5.jpg

Here's the bitty garden. One of them seems to be getting leggy, think I'll let it because not sure if that's how it seeds itself. I'll try to push it back into the bed before fall. The trees are losing their needles now, giving me good mulch

627038692_succgard(1531x861).thumb.jpg.12e69acfd2b8c6077e6d301bb237d284.jpg

A sister gave me 2 female fig a couple weeks ago. She just told me she has a male for me so now I'm going to get them planted on the back of the fence line.

17731118_figs(861x1531).thumb.jpg.60977a60d83819c1206fe3a7d8ea8355.jpg

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

You must be careful when you post pics like this....maybe put up a warning . maybe a 15+ rating...

You know once seen it can leave permanent scars on the back of my eyes.

Some things cannot be unseen. This may be one of them.

I'm going to have nightmares...
I can feel one coming on as we speak 🤡 Ahhhhh

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

While I'm very empathetic he should have listened to locals who know their area. I've included the background story about this photo as well as a mini-clip of how devastating it was to get out. Coast Guard, Sheriff, environmentalists group to help with pollutants. Everyone worked well together.  

This was 3 days ago, the 22nd., on Del Rey Beach, Seaside, Oregon

1801030197_sneekerwave(238x178).jpg.f9696a13089b79b7e04f0606219bab1c.jpg    

Here's the story from one who had a friend who helped:

I am so sorry but I have to say something about this and if anyone gets mad, then they get mad. First of all there are so many people in this group who are absolutely amazing and they work their hind-ends off to make sure people in our community and our beaches are safe for everyone. I am a little unhappy with judge mental people who don’t understand or who assume but, until you go talk to someone, no one has the facts. There is a elderly man who is homeless , who is poor he is lonely and broken. He has no one and no place to live. Life has been hard for him. He isn’t from our area he isn’t use to our beaches. He has no place to call home except what he has with him. He has no family and no place to belong. There is more to his story then what any of us know and it’s a sad one. He went to the beach and fell asleep with every he owned with him. All of his food everything that mattered to him he had with him. He fell asleep and not understanding our beaches and tides he was oblivious to what was about to happen. He woke up and was so scared the tides were coming in and coming in fast it was to late. Everything that mattered to him gone. All his food to feed his belly all the things that kept him safe from the elements gone. He isn’t all the way there in his mind but he does the best that he can. He picks up all that he has left on the beach and now totally alone and doesn’t know what to do. It was a accident. No malicious intent. No money to pay for help. I didn’t meet him personally but a friend of mine had the time to go help him pick up some of his things and took the time to talk to him and found out what kind of a person he was. If anything he needs help and he is doing the best he can. So before anyone says anything take time to go talk to him before u pass judgement try look through your heart and u will see what kind of person he really is. I am so sorry that this was so long winded

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34