JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

13 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Hhmmm. Okay. But actually, if HDR comes out looking like a painting, I think I'd rather stick with my own camera. (personal preference) This doesn't look like a painting...

(our Montreal Assembly Hall—sorry I don't have a photo of Venice)

HDR is done for fun... to achieve certain effect. I do have real pictures too.LOL

But I like fun as well - that's me! Makes my life colorful!

Just as fun fact: Many new cameras have HDR feature inbuilt.

Even in paintings we find varying techniques, take for example  Pablo Picasso – famous Spanish artist   - some like it some don't.

Pablo-Picasso-Etape-1_carousel_large.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Just now, Sheep said:

Yeah. Personally I was never a fan of Picasso's paintings. Come to think of it, maybe he used HDR.

Variety of preferences proves how different we are ..another gift from Jehovah.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

19 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Yeah. Personally I was never a fan of Picasso's paintings. Come to think of it, maybe he used HDR.

Original photo from the camera without HDR ..for you! :hugs:

1-1-IMG_3862.original.jpg

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

It’s a photograph blended together with various exposures

The technique is called HDR.  (It’s not a photo of a painting) 

I like this technique because I like impressionism, and this looks a little like that to me. But I think it would depend a lot on what the actual picture is of..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

10 minutes ago, Dove said:

I like this technique because I like impressionism

My Father was a painter ... and I love various techniques of paintings, obviously this spills over to photography in my case.

One of his paintings.

1-IMG_0463.JPG

9 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Venice (took this 2 weeks ago processed today) in HDR ( High Dynamic Range. The practice essentially involves taking the same image a number of times at various exposures so that, when blended together, your image contains more detail in the shadows and highlights / you can see more! ) Some of the best photographs out there present life in a way that our eyes simply cannot see. Think about the current trend for drone photography – of course drone imagery is immediately more interesting to look at because we can’t fly . HDR is similar. It presents the world in a vibrance and texture that usually we wouldn’t experience and that’s appealing.

1-IMG_3862done-001.jpg

I was just thinking that you could make a painting-like picture out of any photograph to frame and hang it with this technique....

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Just now, Dove said:

I was just thinking that you could make a painting-like picture out of any photograph to frame and hang it with this technique....

Yes, but more caution is required when processing photo, sharpening and noise reduction ...

You can achieve incredible results when done properly.

In fact thank you for mentioning this ..I think I will do that also .... I like HDR that features architecture.

5 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

My Father was a painter ... and I love various techniques of paintings, obviously this spills over to photography in my case.

One of his paintings.

1-IMG_0463.JPG

Wow! He was very talented...very nice scene..😊

9 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Venice (took this 2 weeks ago processed today) in HDR ( High Dynamic Range. The practice essentially involves taking the same image a number of times at various exposures so that, when blended together, your image contains more detail in the shadows and highlights / you can see more! ) Some of the best photographs out there present life in a way that our eyes simply cannot see. Think about the current trend for drone photography – of course drone imagery is immediately more interesting to look at because we can’t fly . HDR is similar. It presents the world in a vibrance and texture that usually we wouldn’t experience and that’s appealing.

1-IMG_3862done-001.jpg

That is stunning, Greg, both the photo and the subject matter. I have never been to Venice .. it's on my bucket list.  The one I have written for the new system. 

I have HDR on my phone and never knew what it was for, so you have taught me something.  Thank you. :)

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

15 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

That is stunning, Greg, both the photo and the subject matter. I have never been to Venice .. it's on my bucket list.  The one I have written for the new system. 

I have HDR on my phone and never knew what it was for, so you have taught me something.  Thank you. :)

When we were in Texas we went on a real gondola ride in San Antonio. It seemed very like Venice. This was years ago so I don’t know what it’s like now. .

23 minutes ago, Dove said:

When we were in Texas we went on a real gondola ride in San Antonio. It seemed very like Venice. This was years ago so I don’t know what it’s like now. .

Well...it seems like gondolas are everywhere..I have done it in Warsaw and Venice LOL

With things like HDR and Photoshop many are able to attempt and have some success with doing what one of the Darkroom Masters from our are pioneered with actual photography.

Jerry N. Uelsmann (born June 11, 1934) is an American photographer, and was an early exponent of photomontage in the 20th century in America. His work in darkroom effects foreshadowed the use of Adobe Photoshop to make surrealistic images in the late 20th century

Uelsmann is a masterful printer, producing composite photographs with multiple negatives and extensive darkroom work. He uses up to a dozen enlargers at a time to produce his final images, and has a large archive of negatives that he has shot over the years. Uelsmann does not carry multiple attachments, but only one camera

He still lives in our area. I have seen some of his work first-hand, up-close and personal. I used to be acquainted with him some in the early 1970's and was able to spend a little time in his darkroom at the University - I was never in the one at his home :( 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 minutes ago, Qapla said:

With things like HDR and Photoshop many are able to attempt and have some success with doing what one of the Darkroom Masters from our are pioneered with actual photography.

Jerry N. Uelsmann (born June 11, 1934) is an American photographer, and was an early exponent of photomontage in the 20th century in America. His work in darkroom effects foreshadowed the use of Adobe Photoshop to make surrealistic images in the late 20th century

Uelsmann is a masterful printer, producing composite photographs with multiple negatives and extensive darkroom work. He uses up to a dozen enlargers at a time to produce his final images, and has a large archive of negatives that he has shot over the years. Uelsmann does not carry multiple attachments, but only one camera

He still lives in our area. I have seen some of his work first-hand, up-close and personal. I used to be acquainted with him some in the early 1970's and was able to spend a little time in his darkroom at the University - I was never in the one at his home :( 

Thank you John, I used to do darkroom back in Poland. :thumbsup:

Digital HDR is just an extension of old film based techniques. 

Many people are still not aware of this.

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

One of his paintings.

1-IMG_0463.JPG

1 hour ago, Dove said:

Wow! He was very talented...very nice scene..😊

My father was a painter too (amateur), back in the 1950s and early 60s when I was a youngster. He used to paint things like this, copying a scene from a calendar or something, so I grew to like them. I recall the smell of the oil paints in the house, the paintings taking several days to dry thoroughly. But I know for certain he wasn't using HDR! There was no such thing as digital photography in those days, and even then I don't think I would have liked a photograph looking like a painting. This was the real thing!

I have several of his paintings hanging on my walls.

0603-003.thumb.JPG.95679af7284e2a70f407d0de07ac579f.JPG

0603-009.thumb.JPG.36a26dc18d0aa2a7d4c0db4d10a8df76.JPG

0603-013.thumb.JPG.19a2d0866be3f015f93d9db38296afa3.JPG

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

My father was a painter too (amateur), back in the 1950s and early 60s when I was a youngster. He used to paint things like this, copying a scene from a calendar or something, so I grew to like them. I recall the smell of the oil paints in the house, the paintings taking several days to dry thoroughly. But I know for certain he wasn't using HDR! There was no such thing as digital photography in those days, and even then I don't think I would have liked a photograph looking like a painting. This was the real thing!

I like winter theme a lot!

On 7/15/2018 at 3:35 AM, Qapla said:

We have more blackberries than we can use - and we don't even have to plant them ..... they grow wild here -- so do elderberries

And here,  I've been using them as a natural dye...

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

8 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

One of his paintings.

1-IMG_0463.JPG

The surface of the water that reflects the orange color of the sky, and the dark color tones of the sky create drama and atmosphere… And the icy road, so slippery you could fall !

…Also, stormy weather/sea paintings are just grandiose.

6 hours ago, Sheep said:

Those paintings reflect peace, tranquility and serenity. You feel safe, free from any harm, refreshed... I would guess they mirror your father’s personality...

I took this picture recently...

Where money came from to built Colosseum?

AN ANCIENT inscription found in the Colosseum of Rome, Italy, may indirectly confirm a Bible prophecy about the destruction of Jerusalem. The inscription evidently has to do with the building and inauguration of the Colosseum in 80 C.E. As reconstructed by Professor Géza Alföldy of the University of Heidelberg, Germany, the inscription reads: “The Emperor Titus Vespasian Caesar Augustus had the new amphitheater erected with the proceeds of the booty.” What booty?
“We are talking about the immense booty taken by Titus in the war against the Jews,” says Alföldy, “and in particular, the gold furnishings” of the temple in Jerusalem. This temple was destroyed in fulfillment of Jesus’ prophecy. (Matthew 24:1, 2; Luke 21:5, 6) Alföldy concludes that the Colosseum—along with the famed Arch of Titus, which depicts the Roman victors loaded with the booty taken in the Jewish war—is a monument to this historic victory of the Romans.

1-1-IMG_8857AndFINAL-001.jpg