JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

3 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

A gift from one of the guys that works with Lew.

403247091_mushrooms1(861x1531).thumb.jpg.43e5a363e94c7f40ee5ad183f1d15bf0.jpg

1937202889_mushrooms2(861x1531).thumb.jpg.debc2d212d1d09eaecea20ecc721de4a.jpg

Is that a food dehydrator..? But they look like flower heads...?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Pretty

21802007_potatoes(861x1531).thumb.jpg.3b3ace320bff54197ab151e5454a8837.jpg

1 minute ago, Dove said:

Is that a food dehydrator..? But they look like flower heads...?

Its Chanterelle mushrooms and yes I dehydrated them, ummmm.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

5 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Pretty

21802007_potatoes(861x1531).thumb.jpg.3b3ace320bff54197ab151e5454a8837.jpg

Its Chanterelle mushrooms and yes I dehydrated them, ummmm.

They are very pretty...I have them growing in my yard by the dozens. A young pioneer couple come over when they are in season and pick them....he said they're quite desirable, in taste and price...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

2 minutes ago, Dove said:

They are very pretty...I have them growing in my yard by the dozens. A young pioneer couple come over when they are in season and pick them....he said they're quite desirable, in taste and price...

Yellow, Red, White and Purple. Lew was happy.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

16 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Yellow, Red, White and Purple. Lew was happy.

Oh, didn't know they came in all those colors. Mine are a bright golden yellow, like mustard..

Edited by Dove

Nah, I had another pic of fresh mushrooms in the dehydrator, my 2 posts were merged causing a bit of confusion. 

Yes we are in mushroom season. I usually have King boletes here in my yard but the rain gets to them before I can. One of the guys that works with Lew found a bunch of chanterelles, I don't get them very often I was really happy with them. The best way to preserve them was to dehydrate them, they rehydrate real nice.

I just reread my posts and it looks as if I'm saying the chanterelles came in white yellow red and purple, that's not true that was a pan full of potatoes that I fried up for Louie, the yellow things in the dehydrator where the chanterelle mushrooms. When the posts merged it caused some confusion, sorry about that. When I posted those things I didn't feel very wordy so I failed to explain I guess.

Edited by bagwell1987

On 12/7/2018 at 1:38 AM, Guri said:

Found this photo in social media, not sure if its done in photoshop. This comment was made for the photo and I will copy paste it in here: 

“Grandma gets award for her grandson and doesn't miss the opportunity to take her jw brooch!”

0A94DC43-D9DA-4D53-ADB1-05B56F614DBF.jpeg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3593008/Obama-honor-13-police-officers-Medal-Valor.html
including video

Good grief that's warm, do you think that's normal for their area? I thought they were more like 40s and 50s during the winter even lower than that at times. Interesting to know what's normal.

1 minute ago, bagwell1987 said:

Good grief that's warm, do you think that's normal for their area? I thought they were more like 40s and 50s during the winter even lower than that at times. Interesting to know what's normal.

It's a good reminder to check our facts before we tell someone it is always snowing in Bethlehem this time of year...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

It's a good reminder to check our facts before we tell someone it is always snowing in Bethlehem this time of year...

It's also used as an argument against the date of Jesus birth in December, as the Shepards would not have been sleeping outside with the sheep like they were in the account if it was cold or snowing.

Hence the reasoning that the account was in ealier months.

Edited by EccentricM

2 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

It's also used as an argument against the date of Jesus birth in December, as the Shepards would not have been sleeping outside with the sheep like they were in the account if it was cold or snowing.

Hence the reasoning that the account was in ealier months.

Yes, that was the point.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

28 minutes ago, Naturale said:

It can still be very rainy though and the temperature can drop considerably at night.

The type of weather most likely to cause catastrophic sheep losses due to hypothermia is usually associated with the passage of a strong cold front or a rain-bearing depression.

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Thats what I was thinking. 

So much for the cold and rain that time of year and the flocks would be bedded down in a warm shelter. 

Hmmmm

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”