JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library 2013 available?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3676 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have been copying and pasting from the new JwLibrary Bible app I to my magazines in Notability on my iPad...Is that an Apple thing?

I don't know. I'm sure it can be done on Android also. I don't like to visit the forum much on my phone and prefer my laptop and always have the WT Library open.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I have been copying and pasting from the new JwLibrary Bible app I to my magazines in Notability on my iPad...Is that an Apple thing?

I don't know if it just an apply thing, but I use Equipped for the NWT 2013 and the copy to clipboard feature to paste into Notability. This is faster for me so I can quote scriptures while I take notes on public talks or assemblies.

:)

Someone asked me if we would be getting a WT cd, since we now have the wol.org and research tools. I sure do hope so! :huh:

Yeah!! The wol only goes back to 2000 and is missing a lot of books - like the Revelation Climax as an example.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Yeah!! The wol only goes back to 2000 and is missing a lot of books - like the Revelation Climax as an example.

Why doesn't the WOL include the Revelation book?  It had a major revision in 2006.  The Bible Stories book, was originally released in 1978, then revised in 2004, that's included.

It seems to me - just an outsider looking in - that they started with a list of minimum publications they wanted (the ones we have now) and then said - lets at least keep it current.

Then their next focus was on putting up as many languages as possible. IT seems they haven't quite finished that while still keeping all those languages up to date as well. Perhaps once all the languages are up and a system is in place (or refined) to keep them up to date - THEN we will start to see more publications added.

But that is just my opinion - what do you think?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Why doesn't the WOL include the Revelation book?  It had a major revision in 2006.  The Bible Stories book, was originally released in 1978, then revised in 2004, that's included.

I don't know if they have any plans to update it again, but most every major teaching in the book has been adjusted since its publication, so I doubt they'll add it to the WOL anytime soon. It seems the goal there is to present the most up-to-date teachings wherever possible, so including an out-of-date book might cause issues with some who think that books always supersede magazines.

I don't know if they have any plans to update it again, but most every major teaching in the book has been adjusted since its publication, so I doubt they'll add it to the WOL anytime soon. It seems the goal there is to present the most up-to-date teachings wherever possible, so including an out-of-date book might cause issues with some who think that books always supersede magazines.

I don't know if I would say 'most every major teaching in the book has been adjusted since it's publication' - some here, some there, but it still stands to be a good and insightful read even today.

I think it's not on the WOL because WOL is public, and if you haven't been studying with Jehovah's people for a while, this book would raise some eyebrows on those who just didn't grasp what's going on prophetically during the last days. I've read commentaries about how self-centered our interpretations of Bible prophecy were (that is, we apply them specifically to us). Well guess what.... they ARE specifically about us :P

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I don't know if I would say 'most every major teaching in the book has been adjusted since it's publication' - some here, some there, but it still stands to be a good and insightful read even today.

I'm not sure of the exact changes, but that's what I was told by a CO not long ago. Perhaps he was exaggerating to make a point about those who claim "books supersede magazines" as justification to reject adjustments in WT articles, but his explanation was that when a book is removed form the website, it's considered to have more old understandings than new.

I'm not sure of the exact changes, but that's what I was told by a CO not long ago. Perhaps he was exaggerating to make a point about those who claim "books supersede magazines" as justification to reject adjustments in WT articles, but his explanation was that when a book is removed form the website, it's considered to have more old understandings than new.

Interesting. I'm surprised that some would not grasp that a more current magazine would trump and older book. Seems obvious to me :)

I don't think the Grand Climax book was ever available online, except for a PDF (without images) that was made available to our Russian brothers when they were going through a difficult time a while back.

Even when we studied it again in 2006, the revised book and/or the changes to it that were made available in a Kingdom Ministry were really just little tweaks here and there, nothing in the way of major overhauls.

It was "removed"? I didn't think it was ever there?

Trottigy

Soon .....

• 2 weeks later...

Could it be that they are working on an update?

I read somewhere (I think it was someones summary of the 2012 Annual Meeting) that the FDS often hold onto new insight until they all agree that it is correct and applicable. I think it was suggested that the new understanding about the Faithful and Discrete Slave was brought forward many years ago. The Brothers research, pray, meditate, and discuss new thoughts until they are all sure it is scripturally sound and Biblically supported.

Perhaps they have been reviewing the information in the Revelation Book. 

I would love it if they did it again. I know it's been studied in the Congregation twice before, but I missed out. :-(

Someone asked me if we would be getting a WT cd, since we now have the wol.org and research tools. I sure havingdo hope so! :huh:

I hope so, too.  In addition to having the complete library, the CD is available for offline research, whereas WOL requires Internet access.  We don't have the Internet at the Kingdom Hall I go to and sometimes data service is spotty in other locations. 

I hope so, too. In addition to having the complete library, the CD is available for offline research, whereas WOL requires Internet access. We don't have the Internet at the Kingdom Hall I go to and sometimes data service is spotty in other locations.

The CD is on the way. I already have an advanced copy installed on my laptop.

Is it the same base app or did you noticed any difference?

Is the study guide included?

It is the same base program. Both Bibles are there, but the verses link to the new one - just like the website. Also, the study guide - like the website - is there.

Soon .....

Can't wait. Does it have the Revised NWT? Any other changes?

As Jerry said ":It is the same base program. Both Bibles are there, but the verses link to the new one - just like the website. Also, the study guide - like the website - is there".