JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How Do I Report Offensive Posts?

Keeping JWTalk's Interchange Forum a clean and uplifting environment for all of us is a community effort. This means that we need you to help us moderate the posts here on the forums. We all know that, given the nature of the internet, that despite our security questions on the registration page, sometimes unwanted individuals will manage to obtain those answers and register for an account. But here is how you can help... Every post in any open topic has these links in the bottom left corner:

24455=798-reporting_offensive_posts.jpg

Should a post be offensive, whether it is because a wolf managed to get in the front door, or it's a brother or sister who failed to bridle their tongue and keep his lips in check, please click the Report button and submit a report (Proverbs 10:19, James 1:19).

Doing so does the following...

1) An email is dispatched to all the moderators alerting them of the need to come and read and possibly hide the post.

2) If 3 different users Report the same post, it will automatically disappear on it's own. Then, when a moderator is able to come check out the situation, he or she can handle it from there.

With your help, we can keep JWTalk a relatively safe place for brothers and sisters to experience an Interchange of Encouragement online.

Thank you!

• 1 year later...

Hi, I wasn't sure how to reach the Moderators.

I responded to the 'sounds disgusting but isn't' post...and noticed that it never got posted...and I was wondering why. It was a video clip from You Tube that I found on the sidebar of another video clip that a sister has uploaded. It was called "Bacon Tree".

I couldn't find it again so I called a friend to see if she could find it and to see if she saw anything offensive. She found it and said it had a gun and shooting at the beginning...and had some Spanish words she wasn't sure what they were.

I apologize...I guess I should have made sure it was appropriate before trying to post. I got a phone call and put it on 'mute' for the first bit of the video and only saw the last half.

Sorry about that, I'll try to make sure anything I link to is appropriate in the future.

I appreciate the way all the Moderators keep this forum clean and the diligence that you all have in making this an encouraging place to be, whether just getting encouragement from reading the post of others or seeing all the humor and teasing between those who've been on here a while. It's nice to see the brotherhood in action.

Thank you for listening...

brenda evans

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

Hello Brenda,

I am not exactly sure what you are referring to. But sometimes a post gets lost and we don't know why. It's a bug in the software that sometimes effects posts waiting in moderation and usually happens when 2 moderators try to do something to it at the same time. You may have done nothing wrong at all, and we are pretty easy going here, this being the internet and all :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Hello Brenda,

I am not exactly sure what you are referring to. But sometimes a post gets lost and we don't know why. It's a bug in the software that sometimes effects posts waiting in moderation and usually happens when 2 moderators try to do something to it at the same time. You may have done nothing wrong at all, and we are pretty easy going here, this being the internet and all :)

I'm so silly, I just realized I posted it under "Re: vegetarian before flood?" section. I'm still getting used to this site. Sorry for the confusion. !!!

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

I saw the Bacon tree / Ham bush video somewhere. I thought it was in the veggies in new world thread.

Cute, thanks for posting. :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....