JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lands visiting YOUR International Convention

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3676 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We had a special Item at the ministry school some time ago

London 2014 is expecting visitors from USA, Germany, Spain, Macedonia, Portugal, Slovakia, Japan.

when the announcement was made ours wasn't listed at that time i don't believe.

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

We were told to expect many from the Philippines and South American Countries, and some from Europe.

Dont know where this information came from, this is what an elder said though.

What's funny is this elder said that the Arlington Texas International (which is the one I'm going to) is apparently one where alot of people want to go to.  The reason is that people from other countries seem to think Texas is still the wild west, and they are really curious about seeing Texas, lol.   We are thinking about taking the friends to some cattle drive stuff and other things down here that will give them a good feel about Texas and one brother said "we should all wear cowboy hats and cowboy boots, that will really be funny"

When we have had or I have attended International Conventions I prepared small inexpensive gifts to hand out with my name address/email.

I still am in touch with many of the friends I made over the years.

In Russia we gave out gifts and the Russian friends were so touched they brought berries and flowers they picked just to also have the pleasure of giving us something. We were so touched by this gesture because most of our Russian brothers have very little in a material sense but they were VERY rich in brotherly love and appreciation for the brotherhood! International conventions will enrich you in ways you never dreamt possible, it is both a blessing and a privledge ! I will be looking forward to all the exciting news and interchange you will all be experiencing.

As the host city, we have to prepare welcome bags for the international delegates.  I don't know exactly what will be in the bags.  From what I have been hearing, we will be putting in stuff that represents the area we live in, culture, that sort of stuff.  A brother from my cong went to the Japan International last year, and his gift bag had some neat stuff about the Japanese Culture.

What gifts did you hand out Wendy.I've been trying to think of something.

There are many things I made little pouches with Canadian Candy EH!!! Little maple candies . I bought tool at a craft store cut them in small squares filled with candy and tied with ribbon and an attracted a little card with my address. .

Some brothers have pens made with their name on to hand out. If your crafty you can come up with some small item to hand out that may represent your area . A picture of your cong is a good idea have them made with your information on the back. In Paris at the International brothers and sisters were very creative . One sister lived in Champaign Country took corks from champaign bottles and I attached her info....we still write to each other! One sister did little sachets of lavender ( lots of lavender fields in France) .....I was very impressed how creative the friends were. One couple did a picture of themselves in a small heart frame with their information . I will try to remember some more ideas .....but I'm sure your I'll think of something clever. It's such fun and gives you so much pleasure to share with the friends.

Edited by Miss Mouse

We are getting some ideas - please keep them coming.  Filling out the Questionaire for Assisting with Hospitality for Intl....at present! Thanks to posts above was able to add a few more! 

Edited by CyreJay

We had a special Item at the ministry school some time ago

London 2014 is expecting visitors from USA, Germany, Spain, Macedonia, Portugal, Slovakia, Japan.

Samira - that's based on the London 2014 volunteer application form. We are also having delegates from Australia and Trinidad & Tobago. There are talks about linking to the London International with the international taking place at the same time in Zimbabwe