JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

UN has denounced Vatican

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3688 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Keeping a eye on the news lately is getting very interesting, so many peace talks going on with an increasing hostility to religion in general. It feels like a prophecy time bomb ready to blow. Get ready friends!! That cry of peace and security could be anytime now!!

Edited by Ross

From the pages of The DAILY MAIL/U.K.

UN demands the Vatican 'removes' all known or suspected pedophiles and hand over its archives on abuse UN demands the Vatican 'removes' all known or suspected pedophiles and hand over its archives on abuse so culprits can be held to account

The United Nations has demanded that the Vatican 'immediately remove' all clergy who are known or suspected child abusers and turn them over to civil authorities, in an unprecedented and scathing report.

The U.N. watchdog for children's rights said the Holy See should also hand over its archives on sexual abuse of tens of thousands of children so that culprits, as well as 'those who concealed their crimes', could be held accountable.

The watchdog's exceptionally blunt paper - the most far-reaching critique of the Church hierarchy by the world body - followed its public grilling of Vatican officials last month.

The Committee is gravely concerned that the Holy See has not acknowledged the extent of the crimes committed, has not taken the necessary measures to address cases of child sexual abuse and to protect children, and has adopted policies and practices which have led to the continuation of the abuse by and the impunity of the perpetrators,' the report said.

The U.N. committee on the Rights of the Child said the Catholic Church had not yet taken measures to prevent a repeat of cases such as Ireland's Magdalene laundries scandal, where girls were arbitrarily placed in conditions of forced labor.

It called for an internal investigation of the laundries and similar institutions so that whose who were responsible could be prosecuted and that 'full compensation be paid to the victims and their families'.

A commission created by Pope Francis in December should investigate all cases of child sexual abuse the report said.

It also said it should investigate 'the conduct of the Catholic hierarchy in dealing with them.'

Abusers had been moved from parish to parish or other countries 'in an attempt to cover-up such crimes,' it added.

'Due to a code of silence imposed on all members of the clergy under penalty of excommunication, cases of child sexual abuse have hardly ever been reported to the law enforcement authorities in the countries where such crimes occurred,' the U.N. body said.

At a public session last month, the committee pushed Vatican delegates to reveal the scope of the decades-long sexual abuse of minors by Roman Catholic priests. Pope Francis called abuse 'the shame of the Church'.

The Holy See's delegation, answering questions from an international rights panel for the first time since the scandals broke more than two decades ago, denied allegations of a Vatican cover-up and said it had set clear guidelines to protect children from predator priests.

***************************************************************************************************************** 

Doesn't it seem odd to people who are in these religions that the United Nations who popped out in 1945 to end of wars and to protect the rights of humans, that they would bother with one of the largest flocks in the world?  The U.N., is made up of various governments and kingdoms,  the Bible refers to their leaders as Kings (Rev 17).  Listen up people, its not just this religion that Almighty God Jehovah will have his appointed King Son Jesus, to wipe off the face of this planet all religions who in the "name of God" who have butchered, enslaved, raped, sexually abused, caused religious wars past and present will be removed forever. The holy writings, the scriptures, the Bible, the Word of God, warns all mankind to get out of their false religions (Rev 17: 1, 2,3, 4, 5, 6, 15, 16, 17, 18; Chapter 18 of Rev. the warning given to all mankind verse 1, 2, 3, 4 (warning to get out), 5 - 8, 18-20.  Next time Jehovah's people call on your door, don't play dumb "lets make believe were not home."  Listen to them, Jehovah and his appointed King Christ Jesus, approve of them.   

Edited by allabord4jah

so ridiculously excited about this http://news.sky.com/story/1206870/vatican-policies-allowed-priests-to-rape

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/05/un-denounces-vatican-child-abuse

as far as I know this is one of the only times that the UN has actually got involved ??  Interesting times... Let your Kingdom coome Jehovah !!!

Edited by anniebea

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Keeping a eye on the news lately is getting very interesting, so many peace talks going on with an increasing hostility to religion in general. It feels like a prophecy time bomb ready to blow. Get ready friends!! That cry of peace and security could be anytime now!!

...and since that disgusting harlot is barely worthy of one thread (this one was 4 hours earlier) can we merge?   ... http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/13638-un-demands-vatican-to-remove-all-known-or-suspects-of-pedophiles/    ...  friends a word of caution: Please keep in mind the cover series of our Dec. 2013 Awake and this weeks upcoming Study article also regarding the media!  

I think the United Nations already has authority, especially since the vatican is a member. I saw something a while back where Obama had gotten angry at them for not using the power they have to intervene In the Middle East situation and since then they are more involved...the president has already given them this power because they have their own police which train other military and police in the areas they are involved in, the police or military basically do what the UN police tell them...this I know because unfortunately I have a family member who is a UN police officer right now(which I beg to get out of it). They get the run of the place with protection from whatever power they request they need.

So with all of these consecutive claims for peace and yet there is none, the UN attacking false religion for the first time ever! This could definitely be the start of the great tribulation...exciting times we live in for sure, we are close, we should be in service every chance we can get!!! It has been on the TV on Fox News as news updates in the red at the bottom of the screen.

I think the United Nations already has authority, especially since the vatican is a member. I saw something a while back where Obama had gotten angry at them for not using the power they have to intervene In the Middle East situation and since then they are more involved...the president has already given them this power because they have their own police which train other military and police in the areas they are involved in, the police or military basically do what the UN police tell them...this I know because unfortunately I have a family member who is a UN police officer right now(which I beg to get out of it). They get the run of the place with protection from whatever power they request they need.

So with all of these consecutive claims for peace and yet there is none, the UN attacking false religion for the first time ever! This could definitely be the start of the great tribulation...exciting times we live in for sure, we are close, we should be in service every chance we can get!!! It has been on the TV on Fox News as news updates in the red at the bottom of the screen.

wouldn't that be a surprise? I have been wondering along these exact lines for months now. what if the cry of peace has happened already, or at least started? what if btg is being attacked now? sure would be a shock and surprise. I guess I started wondering around the "arab spring". of course I'm likely wrong....

Yes it's possible for sure. And this news was on again tonight on tv and the reporter stated that the Pope had responded by saying they don't agree and that the UN were unfair in their findings...must keep watching this, they could be completely destroyed in this possess because the way they make them pay is with restitution, lots and lots of it...there goes their banks and schools and businesses, oil, and how will the pope comply with orders without the pope mobile to ride in? Lol!!!

the rep i saw for the pope on bbc news was talkin about these cases as ancient history .. how the vatican has put many things in place now... i think its only a decade or go... and thats the cases we know about. ive got underpants older than that... everyone will see how fithy they are... the vatican i mean... not my pants!

Current news about Vatican

http://www.abc.net.au/newsradio/content/s3939119.htm

The United Nations has demanded the Vatican "immediately remove" all clergy who are known or suspected child abusers and turn them over to authorities. Historian, broadcaster, former priest and author of Papal Power, Paul Collins, speaks to ABC NewsRadio's Sandy Aloisi. He says the secrecy and hierarchical nature within the church encourages a sense of immunity of accountability and responsibility to the rest of the community. However, he says men from the Vatican are starting the get glimmers of the fact they are in "big trouble".

Interesting times !!!

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

the rep i saw for the pope on bbc news was talkin about these cases as ancient history .. how the vatican has put many things in place now... i think its only a decade or go... and thats the cases we know about. ive got underpants older than that... everyone will see how fithy they are... the vatican i mean... not my pants!

Lol. Thanks you had me laughing hard. I needed that!

That is all so exciting! Gives me goosebumps.

"Two global organizations at loggerheads, each determined to prove its a force for good." I was just watching a video on rte.ie and it shows two pictures side by side. One with a picture of the United Nations buildings and the other with a picture of the Vatican as the commentator made the above statement. Very interesting. Perhaps prophecy being fulfilled right before our very eyes. At what stage is it being fulfilled, I can only hazard a guess.

We can't also forget Jesus reference to the disgusting thing standing in a holy place. Although not a significant prophecy for our day, one to be watched, for sure. It's interesting, according to a '74 WT (the latest info I can get on the matter), that 'a holy place' to false religion is one of two things: Money and power. A Holy Place is not referring to something holy according to Jehovah. The holy place refers primarily to Christendom's part of Babylon the Great and not other entities that make up Babylon the Great. Of all of Christendom, it seems that the Catholic Church is the one to watch, since she has been most responsible, and is the church that came out of the corrupt teachings and twisting of scripture during the 3rd and 4th centuries of our common era. She has also been the biggest influence on other churches of Christendom adopting false doctrine into their organizations.

It's this disgusting thing that got things going as far as prophecy is concerned in 66CE and it was this same disgusting thing that came in four years later to complete its original endeavour.

So did the calling out of peace and security already take place and it was missed and this is the beginning phases of the GT or is this the disgusting thing standing in a Holy Place which puts all true Christians on high alert about exciting events to soon follow? We'll just have to wait and see. Regardless, we must put ourselves on high alert. Are we like those Jewish Christians living in Jerusalem in 66ce, still attached to that city, just from the mere fact of living there, or are we like those Greek and Roman Christians who had never visited Jerusalem and weren't attached to that city in any way? How attached are we to the 'Jerusalem' of our day? Especially that aspect of the city that was attached to its commercial enterprise? Yes, Jehovah made the way out for the Christians living in Jerusalem at that time, but the suddenness, shock and impact it had on those residents had far more of an impact than on Christians who had already left her or had never been to that great city. Regardless, what we are seeing no doubt puts Jehovah's organization on high alert and it should do the same for us, as well.

Satan on the one hand trying to make the church cool again and trying to make it significant to the people with this very charismatic Pope and Jehovah on the other hand saying that it's going to be destroyed regardless of Satan's last ditch attempts.

Interesting events. Let's watch where this is going.