JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ukraine and how it may affect the US and Europe

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3599 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

noticed how this followed the last hot topic of the UN razing the Vatican, and now closing day of olympics in Russia - lots of heated activity around the world to keep an eye on (just like the opening lead header of the awake use to say - anyone remember how that read?)

I believe Ukraine president has lost his power http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/02/23/ukraine-parliament-gives-presidential-powers-to-speaker/

I'm glad that we are neutral of these affairs. Ukraine is the largest country in Europe and have alot of resources in which USA and Russia want to get their hands on.

You just can't imagine how glad  I am :dance: !  

Last week we had a letter from our Branch about staying neutral.  

Please keep us informed about the going's on there. We hear bits and pieces but the news media, at least in the US, isn't reliable. Mostly wondering how it will affect the brothers/sisters.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Please keep us informed about the going's on there. 

That article In Daily mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2565792/Why-eruption-Kiev-set-tsunami-engulf-As-Ukraine-burns-stark-warning-authoritative-historian-Eastern-Europe.html Is pretty objective. 

Brothers and sisters are neutral, but you know that saying "You can take the boy out of Brooklyn, but it's hard to  take Brooklyn out of the boy"...Some have their own sympathy and antipathy... Anyway we are still united,... 

You just can't imagine how glad  I am :dance: !  

Last week we had a letter from our Branch about staying neutral.

Must be hard for brothers and sisters there ..... How people react to the good news amid this turmoil ?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I live in the very center of events  and  it looks like we are in the eye of typhoon now.

Seems like  I'll need to change the name of the country on my profile in the nearest future.

The Telegraph/U.K.  January 1, 2014

Live: This could be war, Ukraine Prime Minister tells Putin

Arseny Yatsenyuk, prime minister of Ukraine, says any military intervention by Russia would lead to war and end all relations with Moscow. Oleksander Turchynov, the acting president of Ukraine, has put his troops on alert. All the latest news from Ukraine here.

(More pushing and shoving by the once King of the North)

Well it looks like Russia has invaded Ukraine - they were hardly going to leave their military base in the Crimea and wave away the profits from the Industrial East of Ukraine...

I pray for our brothers and sisters in the Ukraine, may Jehovah keep them safe and sustain them.  Hard times for all... but hopefully not for too much longer.