JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ukraine and how it may affect the US and Europe

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3621 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Can't say it is 100% accurate, so so.

Ukraine is really deeply divided for 23 years already, and Crimean people want to be part of Russia for all these years, so they will happily accept any Russian help.

Kiev just can't accept this position, but has very little power and material resources, has not army and fleet at all.

Very few want to go to the new Ukrainian Nazi army.

Our brothers and sisters are still neutral and save.

There is no danger for civil people in Crimea for now.

Everything works like nothing happens and seems like all this mess happens on TV only.

"Absolute rubbish”

Just heard in the news that Russia have given the Ukrainian military (on the Crimea peninsula) an ultimatum...

Yes, that's true.

And It looks like they have to accept it, because Russians and Ukrainians lived together for centuries like brothers and

some of the officers even studied at the same navy school in Sevastopol . 

"Absolute rubbish”

Can't say it is 100% accurate, so so.

Ukraine is really deeply divided for 23 years already, and Crimean people want to be part of Russia for all these years, so they will happily accept any Russian help.

Kiev just can't accept this position, but has very little power and material resources, has not army and fleet at all.

Very few want to go to the new Ukrainian Nazi army.

Our brothers and sisters are still neutral and save.

There is no danger for civil people in Crimea for now.

Everything works like nothing happens and seems like all this mess happens on TV only.

Ah so here we go again with the media messing things up to get a juicy story. At least we have the information coming from someone who lives there to let us know how it's going. 

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

And now China has taken sides with Russia. ..very interesting !!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

China!  ?  I had not seen this  ...    can anyone find verification?

I sort of don't trust Fox News. They may be right, but I find it hard to watch news when I REALLY have think about if they are sensationalizing or not. And that they do!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

China!  ?  I had not seen this  ...    can anyone find verification?

If that is true, could be interesting. Heat that war machine up!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

You know it is funny reading the comments at the bottom of the article. The same people who wonder why the US isn't sending troops would be the SAME ones complaining if they did  :lol1:

Just more pushing and shoving, eh?

I just feel sorry for the ones in the middle being pushed and shoved.  :nope:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

http://www.voanews.com/content/russia-china-agree-on-ukraine-g7-condemns-russian-violation/1862761.html

This explains how Kerry has arrived to Ukraine and has offered assistance for the people and has given Putin directives of what is expected by EU but it doesn't seem to be an agreeable resolution according to this article.

I am closely watching we all should here is the news report that was floating around Florida in the US this week.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?autoplay=1&v=SKloh0bHtes

So the King of the North is definitely pushing right now I feel...what are your thoughts on this?

Just curious, speaking of the king of the north,etc. Which study book is it that shows who the kings who? I am wanting to in depth research but I'm not sure which book is the most up to date :wub:

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Just doing the same thing in researching this topic and the book is:

Daniel's Prophecy chapters 10 and 11.

WT 11/1/93 "the final victory of Michael, the great prince" paragraphs 10-14.

WT 3/1/92 pages 4,5.

From what I understand this is possibility of being prophecy getting fulfilled but the article states that we could be extremely close to Armageddon at that time so we should have a discussion on what you brothers and sisters think about this information in relation to current events.

Just doing the same thing in researching this topic and the book is:

Daniel's Prophecy chapters 10 and 11.

WT 11/1/93 "the final victory of Michael, the great prince" paragraphs 10-14.

WT 3/1/92 pages 4,5.

From what I understand this is possibility of being prophecy getting fulfilled but the article states that we could be extremely close to Armageddon at that time so we should have a discussion on what you brothers and sisters think about this information in relation to current events.

I don't see a specific connection in light of recent events.

It just seems a continuation of the pushing and shoving - to me. If that is the case, than this too will fizzle out in a fairly short amount of time.

The Ukraine will hold new elections and once over this will be over - just as it is soon to be over in Egypt (due to similar situation).

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Just thinking about this while walking Zoey tonight (I don't know if its the quite in the park with nature or the poop picking up - but .... )

I don't I just don't get excited by wars and reports of wars - hot or cold or even saber rattling - as isn't that "the beginning of the pangs" not even close to the ending of them. That has been going on for over 100! years now.

Now, if suddenly I heard some news story of how all these "super powers" made up and are granting each other unusual access to their resources or their shutting down their militaries or the Israelis made peace with the Palestinians :eek: THEN I'd get interested (looking for that saying of "peace and security" ), but more of the same old same old - it just doesn't peek my interests - except feeling bad for those stuck in the middle for the last 100! years. :nope:

Keep preaching maybe we can help more and more of those "in the middle", eh?

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Chapter 16 of the "Daniel's Prophecy" book explains where we currently are within the king of the north/south prophecy. The prophesied campaigns against the world finished with the Cold War, all that remains is for the north to "devote many to destruction" by waging a final war against Jehovah's organization, which will likely (according to w13 11/15 p. 20 par. 16) occur simultaneously with other nations of the world doing the same.

In other words, there's no need to identify the KOTN, because the final prophesied act of that king is joining in with the rest of the world at the battle of armageddon. Whether that final king is Russia, China, N Korea, or even Canada, the actions of each individual country will be identical regardless of who holds the title of KOTN.

That said, this war is causing Russia to be almost globally ostracised, and Russia's recent cases of aggression may lead to a new push by the UN for 'peace and security' if they don't calm down, but the war itself seems to be just one of the many "reports of wars" that will become more and more common as we approach the end.

I agree with you brothers and sisters comments on the situation, there is definitely no need to start getting excited, but we should continue to listen and see how far it goes to know for sure. The fact is that all of the nations will turn against God's people at the final hours and that is the only time when we will know for sure that we are close to Jehovah's day of "cleaning house". The one thing that we can use our brains to figure out is that the society is telling us to get prepared for a quick change in current conditions of being able to meet for memorial and field ministry so they must feel that the conditions are right for us to be attacked very soon, that being said, major events happen over night and this could be a good scenario to get ugly if every party does not agree with holding elections and I understood Putin stated that there was no need for elections because the current president was still in power. As far as God's people being attacked, what made me think it was actually a possibility that this was the rising up of the KOTN was because you could consider the court order to ban the jw.org by Russia an attack( you can see this information in the Latest news section of the website).

Whatever the case makes no difference in our actions, we have plenty of work to be done in the ministry at this time, invitations and assemblies which are so exciting, even a special day assembly coming up soon. Jehovah makes sure that there will be plenty to keep us busy and out of trouble during Satan's outbursts.