JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum

Now what's 'buddy' for?

Your buddy list would be like a quick Contacts list for people you message frequently here at JWTalk, instead of having to navigate through the Member Directory.

This is especially useful for new users who are in Limited Account Access mode, as they cannot see the member directory, cannot mass PM, cannot see PM links in profiles, and must manually type usernames when sending a message.

Someday I might replace the Buddy list with a Friend Request feature instead.

I think I would really like this change. "Someday I might replace the Buddy list with a Friend Request feature instead." Just my $.02 .:toothbrush:

I only log into my account here with my mobile opera browser. Ever since the mobile site was launched, my browser automatically shifts into mobile format, even though the address is still "www." rather than "m.". I prefer viewing threads in desktop format. Is there a way i can switch back to desktop format, like a button, which other sites make allowance for?. . . Thanks. :)

I certainly agree to the rules of conduct for members. I don't quite understand "Publicity & Linking" . I think i have done this. Copy a link from another web page and pasted to one of my posts. Is that what linking means?

C. Publicity & Linking

While the news page is public, JWTalk Forums is a private membership community. The contents of the posts within the forum are only readable to forum members. Do not copy and paste the contents of individual posts or topic threads to another internet location outside of JWTalk Forums. You may link to www.JWTalk.net from your personal homepages, but do not directly link to the forum or any topic therein.

I only log into my account here with my mobile opera browser. Ever since the mobile site was launched, my browser automatically shifts into mobile format, even though the address is still "www." rather than "m.". I prefer viewing threads in desktop format. Is there a way i can switch back to desktop format, like a button, which other sites make allowance for?. . . Thanks. :)

I would have to think where I could even begin with that one. What I got going on now, is that the software detects the mobile browser, and then uses a template I created that looks better on mobile devices. Perhaps I can figure out a way to give users the option to disable the automatic mobile detection via the control panel.

I certainly agree to the rules of conduct for members. I don't quite understand "Publicity & Linking" . I think i have done this. Copy a link from another web page and pasted to one of my posts. Is that what linking means?

C. Publicity & Linking

While the news page is public, JWTalk Forums is a private membership community. The contents of the posts within the forum are only readable to forum members. Do not copy and paste the contents of individual posts or topic threads to another internet location outside of JWTalk Forums. You may link to www.JWTalk.net from your personal homepages, but do not directly link to the forum or any topic therein.

No, this is talking about taking a link to this topic or any other, and then pasting it over on facebook or something.

However, with the new site design and various visibilities for different forums, some of that needs revised. For instance, the news page will be gone soon, and replaced by the news forum. If something is publicly visible, you cannot stop someone from linking to it.

However, copying and pasting conversations from here on other sites is rude, especially in forums where visibility is members only.

Very glad to read these guidelines :grouphug: So many sites we have to be careful of, and now I feel confident joining this one. The first one I've joined (except for the Jehovah's Kingdom Proclaimers page on facebook) due to the fact that we must beware of the voice of strangers

Why am I now denied permission for comfort and support.  What must I do?

It says you are full access, so it should work now.

If not, post here, or PM an administrator: http://jwtalk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/8415-cannot-access-comfort-support/

Edited by Greenfield

I am new to the forum, but was wondering why I have limited access.  There are some area that I can't read.  I am guessing it is because I am a "Newbie".  How long before I can become a "Full Access User".  :)

The very first topic (pinned) in this forum has your answer - http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/2780-limited-account-access-mode/

Basically - kep posting so we can get to know you and when we have come to know you - we will approve you for full access.

Have fun posting.