JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum

Attached is my Autohotkey script to switch between Soundbox and JW Library.  I compile the script and pin the file to the taskbar.  You will need to change the x, y click co-ordinates to match your setup.  This is only for those who know what to do with it, and may find it helpful.  I  do not intend to provide tech support for it.   Maybe if ask nicely in a  PM :) .

JW Library Launcher - Copy.ahk

11 hours ago, Musky said:

I'd like to see a "night mode", I use it wherever I can it's easier on my eyes.

Did you try the "invert colors" option in the accecibility menu on settings?

If you have your device rooted you can also use a simple switcher that works anywhere in the device: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gralax.quickinv

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

Attached is my Autohotkey script to switch between Soundbox and JW Library.  I compile the script and pin the file to the taskbar.  You will need to change the x, y click co-ordinates to match your setup.  This is only for those who know what to do with it, and may find it helpful.  I  do not intend to provide tech support for it.   Maybe if ask nicely in a  PM :) .

JW Library Launcher - Copy.ahk

Thanks Jonathan. I'll try to see if I can figure it out ;)

We share our KH with another Congregation and they prefer to use Soundbox. Our brothers on Sound have very little knowledge of PCs and therefore go to know Soundbox and how to operate it over time.

Now we switched over to JW Lib app since the beginning of the year and the brothers, although a bit apprehensive at first, took well to the change.

Now we have some infirm Brs and Srs in the Cong again, so we need to record the meetings again. Soundbox has nice features for this, but the issue is that wehn we open Soundbox it "Grabs" the 2nd screen display and Mic once you recorded. When you want to use the App again for Playing a Song Video or display Images, you have to Close and open the Apps first. If it is just the second screen you need, then you can simply toggle the Second screen display switch in settings.

Not sure if Soundbox "grabs" the display and mic or JW Library simply gives it away to the other software. 

We need to find another way of recording the meeting (thinking of simply using the Windows built in voice recorder), but this will be futile if it also just grabs the sound.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

3 hours ago, Jako said:

We share our KH with another Congregation and they prefer to use Soundbox. Our brothers on Sound have very little knowledge of PCs and therefore go to know Soundbox and how to operate it over time.

Now we switched over to JW Lib app since the beginning of the year and the brothers, although a bit apprehensive at first, took well to the change.

Now we have some infirm Brs and Srs in the Cong again, so we need to record the meetings again. Soundbox has nice features for this, but the issue is that wehn we open Soundbox it "Grabs" the 2nd screen display and Mic once you recorded. When you want to use the App again for Playing a Song Video or display Images, you have to Close and open the Apps first. If it is just the second screen you need, then you can simply toggle the Second screen display switch in settings.

Not sure if Soundbox "grabs" the display and mic or JW Library simply gives it away to the other software. 

We need to find another way of recording the meeting (thinking of simply using the Windows built in voice recorder), but this will be futile if it also just grabs the sound.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Have you tried setting the target display to none?

SoundboxMediaTargetDisplay.JPG.4520d4696841bdeac4e0abc8c1aa7128.JPG

17 hours ago, Musky said:

I'd like to see a "night mode", I use it wherever I can it's easier on my eyes.

Hi Musky! I use a Samsung Grand Prime from MetroPCS as my phone now..I can get nite mode anytime by accessing my physical home button and pushing quickly 3 times. Here are the settings...

Screenshot_2017-07-26-10-23-22-1.png

Screenshot_2017-07-26-10-23-07-1.png

Thanks jayrtom and Sunray! I am aware of this accessibility option, but I really don't need/want ALL apps on my tablet to display in "reverse colors/night mode" . I just want the option to have the text I'm reading to be in dark mode and be able to turn it on and off in whatever app I'm using at the time. (epub reader, PDF reader, etc)

1 hour ago, Musky said:

Thanks jayrtom and Sunray! I am aware of this accessibility option, but I really don't need/want ALL apps on my tablet to display in "reverse colors/night mode" . I just want the option to have the text I'm reading to be in dark mode and be able to turn it on and off in whatever app I'm using at the time. (epub reader, PDF reader, etc)

Hi! If it is a Samsung with the home button..you push it quickly 3 times and nite mode shows..push again  3 times when you want the screen to return to day mode! Works anywhere, even on web google search! The thing is, you have to make the setting as my images show..:D Sometimes I use it at the meetings in the JW Library app..comes in handy when the lights go out during videos..:lol:

39 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Hi! If it is a Samsung with the home button..you push it quickly 3 times and nite mode shows..push again  3 times when you want the screen to return to day mode! Works anywhere, even on web google search! The thing is, you have to make the setting as my images show..:D Sometimes I use it at the meetings in the JW Library app..comes in handy when the lights go out during videos..:lol:

Yes, that works on my Samsung phone, but my Samsung tablet is a little older and it does not have the direct access option. So I need to go into settings each time I want to turn reverse colors on or off. Not that big of a deal, just a little inconvenient. :)

On 26/07/2017 at 7:39 PM, Musky said:

Yes, that works on my Samsung phone, but my Samsung tablet is a little older and it does not have the direct access option. So I need to go into settings each time I want to turn reverse colors on or off. Not that big of a deal, just a little inconvenient. :)

If you are rooted try the APP iPhone suggested. It stays on the notifications drawer and works as a on/off button anytime you need it