JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 649 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just discovered today that three new languages have the revised NW: Korean, Estonian, and Ukrainian. The PDFs are downloadable on jw.org. It's absolutely awesome that our brothers in Estonia and Ukraine, who only had the Greek Scriptures available in their language, now have the full Bible in this accurate translation. Huge blessing from Jehovah!

source: http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=PDF&output=html&pub=nwt&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF

Can wait for Portuguese...

You can or you can't? :)

Interestingly I've been following the meating with the english version and in most of the cases our portuguese translation already follows closely the new translation... But not all. And there's the new features of the bible. I can wait for our new bible but at the same time I'm eager to have it ;) don't expect it in less than 2 years though...

You can or you can't? :)

Interestingly I've been following the meating with the english version and in most of the cases our portuguese translation already follows closely the new translation... But not all. And there's the new features of the bible. I can wait for our new bible but at the same time I'm eager to have it ;) don't expect it in less than 2 years though...

i am following the same as you... I am using the english version at meetings and conventios. but it would be so good to use it also in ministry and during parts at meetings...

So i really hope to see the portuguese version yet this year or at last in next convention...

There is a rumor here in Brazil that the new version of the NWT in Portuguese will be available at the meeting with the representative from headquarters early next year .... just a rumor... :uhhuh:

My friends at Bethel told me that the translation team is working harder than ever!

Edited by Araujo JW

Before the English revised edition was released, no one could get hold of a new bible because they stop production of it.  I would assume this would be case with other languages - they will stop printing the old one so stocks will run out and start with the new revised edition.  Can you literature servant get hold of new stock of bibles easily?  If not, it might be a clue.

Before the English revised edition was released, no one could get hold of a new bible because they stop production of it.  I would assume this would be case with other languages - they will stop printing the old one so stocks will run out and start with the new revised edition.  Can you literature servant get hold of new stock of bibles easily?  If not, it might be a clue.

Here in Brazil we are not getting Bibles in any format (large edition, small, deluxe edition, etc.). These items appear as pending for quite a long time. This is a great sign!  :D

Another clue.  The booklets "Introduction to God's Word" and "A Study Guide to God's Word", which form part of the revised NWT(the bits at the beginning and end) have been released in many langauges (70+), including French, German, Polish, Spanish, Russian - but not it appears in Portuguese.  Why not? :D

Another clue. The booklets "Introduction to God's Word" and "A Study Guide to God's Word", which form part of the revised NWT(the bits at the beginning and end) have been released in many langauges (70+), including French, German, Polish, Spanish, Russian - but not it appears in Portuguese. Why not? :D

Wow! Didn't notice that... Thanks for letting know ;)

Another clue.  The booklets "Introduction to God's Word" and "A Study Guide to God's Word", which form part of the revised NWT(the bits at the beginning and end) have been released in many langauges (70+), including French, German, Polish, Spanish, Russian - but not it appears in Portuguese.  Why not? :D

Exactly! I was hoping these booklets in our Convention. When these were not announced I came to that same conclusion. But I had forgotten this detail. Thanks for reminding about it.

Yeah.... with this in mind, actually, it mat not take that longer as we expect to have the revised NWT in portuguese.... :bringiton:

But just a question:

The portuguese Translation Department is at Brazil or Portugal?

Yeah.... with this in mind, actually, it mat not take that longer as we expect to have the revised NWT in portuguese.... :bringiton:

But just a question:

The portuguese Translation Department is at Brazil or Portugal?

I'd say Brazil because every publication (except the local km's) are written in portuguese from Brazil

I noticed that the Brazil conventions are this month, one this weekend.  Any mention of the revised NWT in Portuguese?

In none of the conventions held in Brazil since June has not mentioned the new edition of the NWT. The convention ends this month. What we heard here in Brazil is that a release will be at the next visit of the representative of the world headquarters, which usually occurs between January and February. But they are just rumors.

I'd say Brazil because every publication (except the local km's) are written in portuguese from Brazil

Actually it seems that we are going to have two translations in Portuguese. One in Portuguese Brazilian and a second in Portuguese from Portugal.

These are good news since there is a significant diference from both versions of the same language.

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

Edited by JABA

Actually it seems that we are going to have two translations in Portuguese. One in Portuguese Brazilian and a second in Portuguese from Portugal.These are good news since there is a significant diference from both versions of the same language.Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

Is this some inside information or just a "feeling"? It would be wonderful!! :)