JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 627 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Hope said:

That's the Public September Watchtower

On 7/1/2016 at 0:08 PM, marcusth said:

We here in Britain have just been informed that the Watchtower No.5 in Portuguese  (September) will be different in the following ways:

1. The front cover will not have the title "The Watchtower - Announcing Jehovah’s Kingdom"

2. The magazine will contain an article related to the recent release of the New World Translation in Portuguese for Portugal. Therefore, this issue will be printed later than normal.

yes, it has a code.

brwp16.5-TPO

Unfortunately I can't find it online and we received only 150 brochures for 80 publishers... And they are for distribution on a special campaign this month. The campaign is the same worldwide but we should use this brochure instead of the regular wt. The difference is that this brochure includes a special article about the release of the NWT 2016 edition.

• 1 month later...

We then have the review of the New World Translation (complete) in 32 languages: 28 languages written and 4 more in sign language on video.

And I know of at least two languages that have the Christian Greek Scriptures in their language: Hebrew and Catalan. There must be in other languages, but I do not know.

33 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

We then have the review of the New World Translation (complete) in 32 languages: 28 languages written and 4 more in sign language on video.

And I know of at least two languages that have the Christian Greek Scriptures in their language: Hebrew and Catalan. There must be in other languages, but I do not know.

I'm sure more will be added to the list in the coming year. :) This is one thing that excites me: to see the NWT released in more languages. Amazing what Jehovah can use his people for. Translating his word into 100 plus languages and revising it in others so we can better understand it in our maternal language. Just incredible to see. 

3 hours ago, Araujo JW said:

Vietnamese also has it in only the Greek scriptures.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On 07.11.2016 at 1:49 PM, Araujo JW said:

The Christian Greek Scriptures (bi7) are listed together with the 1984 edition of the New World Translation (bi12), regardless of whether the local edition of bi7 has been released recently (which means it is typeset according to the nwt template), or not (and typeset in the style of bi12—the Greek Scriptures in Otetela are the last one in this category). We now have 23 languages where bi7 follows the design pattern of nwt out of the 75 in which bi7 is available on jw.org in PDF. Hebrew has been available for four years, but Catalan is indeed a fresh release (posted to JW.org on Monday). We have 31 languages in which nwt is available in PDF, and  64 languages in which bi12 is available.

4 hours ago, ArthurW said:

The Christian Greek Scriptures (bi7) are listed together with the 1984 edition of the New World Translation (bi12), regardless of whether the local edition of bi7 has been released recently (which means it is typeset according to the nwt template), or not (and typeset in the style of bi12—the Greek Scriptures in Otetela are the last one in this category). We now have 23 languages where bi7 follows the design pattern of nwt out of the 75 in which bi7 is available on jw.org in PDF. Hebrew has been available for four years, but Catalan is indeed a fresh release (posted to JW.org on Monday). We have 31 languages in which nwt is available in PDF, and  64 languages in which bi12 is available.

Thanks for the new information! 

• 2 months later...

I heard thru the grapevine. They announced the Vietnamese language in Vietnam this last week.

I am looking to see when it finally posts online. And when we can order them.   :thumbsup:

https://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=PDF&output=html&pub=nwt&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

18 hours ago, trottigy said:

I heard thru the grapevine. They announced the Vietnamese language in Vietnam this last week.

I am looking to see when it finally posts online. And when we can order them.   :thumbsup:

https://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=PDF&output=html&pub=nwt&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF

Xin chào, anh trai của tôi.

(:oops: Please excuse my accent!)

I used to be surrounded by quite a few Vietnamese brothers and sisters when I was in a French congregation here. That's where I learned a couple of semi-Vietnamese phrases. There was a Vietnamese group in our hall (and it's still there today some 30 years later). I don't see them so much now anymore, but I can only imagine how excited they would be to hear that news! (Maybe they listen to the same grapevine you do.) (:P)

On 2/4/2017 at 0:53 PM, trottigy said:

Yeah! It's there now.   :bouncing:

Soon .....

On 2/4/2017 at 8:53 PM, trottigy said:

ქართული Is missing in the list. :))But one day it will be in Georgian as well! :)

Edited by Zacchaeus The Short

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed that Vietnamese was removed. Hope you downloaded it, Jerry! I'm guessing that it went to print. At least you know you'll be getting hard copies soon and you have a digital copy.

Edited by MM9106