JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 628 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 2017-09-11 at 8:41 AM, ArthurW said:

It says: "Die Bibelzitate stützen sich auf den Text der 2013 in Englisch revidierten Neuen-Welt-Übersetzung der Heiligen Schrift." I.e. the Scripture quotations are translated ad-hoc from the English edition of the revised NW. It gives no hint about the release of the revised NW in German. The French edition of the jy book has La Bible. Traduction du monde nouveau, which is apparently the title of the (yet to be released) nwt_F. bi12_F is Les Saintes Écritures. Traduction du monde nouveau.

If you look carefully, you’ll see that they are exact translations but the results of a who,e new way of approaching bible translation. The snippets quoted in these publications are from the manuscripts of the revised NWT in those languages. That’s why some languages had to wait for the jy-book. The instructions from the FDS was that the revisions of the gospels in that particular language needed to be done first.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 weeks later...

The References for the January Workbook are now available to download in many languages. Please note that in a number of languages the quoted scriptures (as well as the study notes) are from the yet to be released revised NWT. This includes Swedish and Norwegian.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

JUST ANNOUNCED IN A SPECIAL MEETING IN GREECE AND CYPRUS, BY BR. STEVEN LETT THE REVISED NEW WORLD TRANSLATION IN GREEK LANGUAGE!!
HOLY BIBLE WELCOME BACK TO YOUR ROOTS!!

I will post picture later

That’s great. It’s about to come in a slew of languages in the upcoming months.

Any day now...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

We here in Germany are the "last to be served" at the table :nope:

We're still missing a lot of good stuff. The new Jesus book hasn't been supplied yet, nor the NWT, nor the new song book, nor the new bible story book.

Oh well as long as it all comes before the GT :lol:

You have the new songbook in German though? And the Jesus book? As well as the new Bible story book?

Any day now...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

34 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

What do you think about the language features in it?

Any day now...

It's much more simplified. Expresions that are easy to be understood by everyone. We had a couple of talks about its features.

The last talk was made by Stephen Lett about what we learn from book of Jonah. A point from this talk that impressed me:

"Do you think that the Jonah's assignment was easy? What if Jehovah told you today to go alone in a city that is occupied by ISIS and preach them that in 40 days they will die"?

22 minutes ago, Dages said:

So what about the John 1:1 in this revised version ?

John 1:1 remains the same as the previous version. Nothing has changed. It was clearly understood in the previous version the difference between "a god" and "the God". 

Edited by ouzo

8 hours ago, Thesauron said:

You have the new songbook in German though? And the Jesus book? As well as the new Bible story book?

Any day now...

No, like I said, none of it. Well, to be honest, the Jesus and Bible story book are available as PDF but not in print (yet)

We still sing according to the old song numbers though.

1 hour ago, ChocoBro said:

No, like I said, none of it. Well, to be honest, the Jesus and Bible story book are available as PDF but not in print (yet)

The new revised Bible is not available in Spanish yet, and it's the second language in the world. They have the new songbook and the Jesus book, but only in digital format. :lol:  So you guys are not alone. :)

In Romanian there are no plans to produce the new Bible since the existing translation (from 2005) includes some of the features of the revised NWT (but not all, for example we still have fornication and soul and Sheol). On the other hand its language is easy to understand, so that's great.

We are beginning to study the Jesus' book in a few weeks, I guess you will have to do it with your tablets.

The songbook is available in digital format, though, and you will start to use it after January 1. We started using the revised songbook in May in Swedish, but the printed edition is not yet ready to be distributed. (It’s still in production in Germany, in fact). Here in the western world, we can utilise the digital versions while at first we print for those who cannot. Also, we do not have the printed edition of the Bible Lessons book in Swedish. I do not think it’s been distributed in English either yet. We might have to get used to the idea that we will have to use digital editions at first so that we do not have to wait longer than necessary to begin using it.

Let me tell you a little something about the revised Bible in Swedish. It is not released yet, but we will begin to use it somewhat at the meetings after January 1. To do this, the verses are printed in the separate References for Life and Ministry Workbook.

Any day now...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”