JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 628 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, carlos said:

The new revised Bible is not available in Spanish yet, and it's the second language in the world.

Mandarin is the largest language, and it doesn’t have the revised bible yet, either.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

3 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Mandarin is the largest language, and it doesn’t have the revised bible yet, either.

Our organization prints literature of some kind in 918 languages (available on our web-site).  We print NWT Bibles in less than 50 languages.  So this thread may go on for a long time...:D

Our organization prints literature of some kind in 918 languages (available on our web-site).  We print NWT Bibles in less than 50 languages.  So this thread may go on for a long time...default_biggrin.png

Some of those languages have no bible, period.

Any day now...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

6 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Also, we do not have the printed edition of the Bible Lessons book in Swedish.

I really hope they publish this one sooner than later, I can't hardly discuss bible topics with my kids from a tablet. They seem so sidetracked by the technology that they don't focus on the words being read. Still can't trump the good old book when it comes to taking up knowledge, especially for kids.

I really hope they publish this one sooner than later, I can't hardly discuss bible topics with my kids from a tablet. They seem so sidetracked by the technology that they don't focus on the words being read. Still can't trump the good old book when it comes to taking up knowledge, especially for kids.

The printeries probably has it lined up.

Any day now...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

19 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

I really hope they publish this one sooner than later, I can't hardly discuss bible topics with my kids from a tablet.

Sorry for my poor, misunderstandable sentence. I don't have kids with my own, I study with the children of a Nigerian widow together with my wife and I sometimes end up saying "my kids"

JUST ANNOUNCED IN A SPECIAL MEETING IN GREECE AND CYPRUS, BY BR. STEVEN LETT THE REVISED NEW WORLD TRANSLATION IN GREEK LANGUAGE!!
HOLY BIBLE WELCOME BACK TO YOUR ROOTS!!

I will post picture later

DOWNLOAD

Any day now...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Sorry for my poor, misunderstandable sentence. I don't have kids with my own, I study with the children of a Nigerian widow together with my wife and I sometimes end up saying "my kids"

No need to apologize.  As a servant of Jehovah and any God-fearing father would do, you are guiding them in the ways of their Creator.  Since they are fatherless, you give them attention they genuinely need to grow spiritually--as a father does.  Do they listen to you, participate in their study and able to grasp what you impart?  Then they are giving you honor my brother.

They are your spiritual children! :yes:

Edited by Omoyeme

As the apostle Paul said in: 

1 Cor. 4:15

'In Christ, you certainly do not have many fathers; 

for in Christ Jesus, I have become your father through the good news.'

Because of his preaching that resulted in life to those who accepted the good news, he was in effect their spiritual father through sharing with them the word of life..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

No, like I said, none of it. Well, to be honest, the Jesus and Bible story book are available as PDF but not in print (yet)

We still sing according to the old song numbers though.
We still don't have the new Bible Stories book in Spanish either. Just PDF. Same goes for the new Jesus book. Many more spanish speakers also

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

New Release of the NWT in Uzbek! https://jw-russia.org/news/17110315-227.html

In 2017, in Uzbek - the mother tongue of more than 25 million people - the full translation of the Bible appeared for the first time. Moreover, almost simultaneously it was announced the release of two Uzbek translations of the Bible prepared independently of each other! One of these translations ("Muқaddas Kitob - Yangi dunyo tarmasi") was published by Jehovah's Witnesses. It is printed in Japan and is intended for free distribution to all comers. Also available in electronic format (PDF, 22 MB).

In Russia alone, the Uzbek Bible uses about 700 Jehovah's Witnesses in its religious life. Uzbek-speaking communities of Jehovah's Witnesses also exist in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the US, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.

Native speakers praise this new translation of the Bible with praise. For example, the Greetings greeting "Peace to you" is transmitted in it to the everyday "Assalom Alaykum!", Which in Arabic means "peace to you" literally. Thanks to such translation solutions, the new Bible is easy to read and its text reaches the heart.

This 2,200-page edition is equipped with an extensive research apparatus, including color maps and diagrams, glossary, concise symphony (concordance), cross references, explanations and notes. Work on the text took many years. For the first time, the New Testament part of the Bible in Uzbek was published by Jehovah's Witnesses in 2010.

I'm so happy for our Uzbek family! :bible2:

uzbekbible.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, peper-eliot said:

french translation is on track ^_~

"La Bible. Traduction du monde nouveau" is used in our news books

-Juillet 2017F (jy-F)

-Octobre 2017 (lfb-F)

and in our 2018 magazines.

we also received our printed edition of the new songs book...

my tablet is ready to download it ;D

Oh WOWW! Magnifique! Formidable! Majestueux!

Merci pour l'information! :ok::bouncing::ecstatic::dance:(:P):gun-toot:

I was in a French congregation for several years (1980s & 90s). I was even there in 1995 when the current French NWT was released (the one that had all the brothers and sisters scratching their heads). Now our French congregations will be able to get along with something easier to read!

(You can download the new songbook already...)

On 23/11/2017 at 4:08 AM, peper-eliot said:

french translation is on track ^_~

"La Bible. Traduction du monde nouveau" is used in our news books

-Juillet 2017F (jy-F)

-Octobre 2017 (lfb-F)

and in our 2018 magazines.

we also received our printed edition of the new songs book...

my tablet is ready to download it ;D

Youpiiiii ^^

Very nice! It was released in Hungarian this weekend. Love seeing all these languages getting their revised bibles or some for the first time. The GB and translation committees are really on top of things. I’m praying for all those working on those committees and a little extra for the Spanish committee. Lol. Can’t wait for that moment. It’ll be so emotional. 

5 hours ago, thegreenjudy said:

Wasn't there a reason why "smaller" languages are being released first? Think it has something to do with the printing volume for the major language groups.... But can't quite remember. 

I think the reason is that the translation in those languages was already advanced, and it included many of the new features, so they just need to review the text and make a few changes.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday, half of Italy was connected with Rome via video for a special meeting. The other half today. Our guest speaker? Bro. Samuel Herd! We watched a video on the New World Translation then Bro. Herd began talking about the revised edition. At a certain point he said, "You're probably all wondering, 'when are we going to get this edition in our language?' [Pause] Well, what do you think is in this envelope?"

You guessed it! There was a scream of excitement and non-ending applause as we finally received La Traduzione del Nuovo Mondo delle Sacre Scritture - in Italian!!!!

Use your ears to gain understanding and your tongue to heal. -w13 5/15 p. 22

Yesterday, half of Italy was connected with Rome via video for a special meeting. The other half today. Our guest speaker? Bro. Samuel Herd! We watched a video on the New World Translation then Bro. Herd began talking about the revised edition. At a certain point he said, "You're probably all wondering, 'when are we going to get this edition in our language?' [Pause] Well, what do you think is in this envelope?"

You guessed it! There was a scream of excitement and non-ending applause as we finally received La Traduzione del Nuovo Mondo delle Sacre Scritture - in Italian!!!!

Did you get a physical copy then and then, or will you have to wait?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

38 minutes ago, LindaL. said:

Thank you so much, Linda. There is a brother in my congregation who has an Italian background, even though he speaks better English than Italian. He is the primary caregiver to his elderly mother who is in a nursing home. He is able to take her to the Italian meetings sometimes. She will be happy to hear about this!