JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 649 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Leave it to Brother Herd to make the announcement funny and to build up suspense. He has a great sense of humor. A friend told me once that they went to a convention he was at and when he made the announcement of the new release, he picked up the envelope and said “what do we have here? Too big to be a tract or brochure. It’s not plastic, so we know it’s not a dvd. Oh look! It’s a new book!”. Happy for all you Italian brothers and sisters. They’ve been on a roll lately releasing revised NWTs. I love it. Hopefully Spanish will be soon.

Is the study edition available in any more languages, or just English at the moment?  Would like to make a comment about it for the meeting part this week.

The study edition is available only in English as of now, but the study notes for each week will be made available in other languages in JW Library and using References for Life and Ministry Workbook starting January 2018.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

This is all wonderful news!

I copied and paste the total list available at https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=nwt onto the JWiki:

https://jwiki.miraheze.org/wiki/New_World_Translation_(2013_Revision)

and earlier last week I also started this page: https://jwiki.miraheze.org/wiki/NWT_Study_Edition

That list is incomplete though, it is lacking a number of languages, such as Italian and Greek.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

That list is incomplete though, it is lacking a number of languages, such as Italian and Greek.

I pulled it from jw.org though. If you'd like to edit that article though, PM me and I'll grant you editing abilities on the wiki so you can adjust it.   :-)

(otherwise, let me know when the official list is updated and I'll reflect that on the wiki.)

I pulled it from jw.org though. If you'd like to edit that article though, PM me and I'll grant you editing abilities on the wiki so you can adjust it.   :-)

(otherwise, let me know when the official list is updated and I'll reflect that on the wiki.)

The list you are using does not mirror every language and every format. Don’t ask me for the technical details.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 12/18/2017 at 2:56 PM, Brandon said:

This is all wonderful news!

I copied and paste the total list available at https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=nwt onto the JWiki:

https://jwiki.miraheze.org/wiki/New_World_Translation_(2013_Revision)

and earlier last week I also started this page: https://jwiki.miraheze.org/wiki/NWT_Study_Edition

Honestly, these sites you've setup, interesting as they are, we should always direct people straight to the official website: https://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=PDF&output=html&pub=nwt&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF

"I am convinced that nothing can separate us from God's love." Romans 8:38, 39

"Estoy convencido de que nada puede separarnos del amor de Dios" Romanos 8:38, 39

On 12/21/2017 at 1:17 PM, LoneWolffe said:

these sites you've setup, interesting as they are, we should always direct people straight to the official website

oh yes absolutely!

actually, the site is really intended for witnesses more than the public. but in case a non-witness somehow stumbles upon it (and I don't find that likely to happen often at all; i don't think google even pays it any attention), I am setting up jw.org links on as many pages as possible, including this one.

but currently, if a witnesses wanted to see all the languages the new NWT is available in and went to JW.org and tried using the search box, they wouldn't find an up to date list (at least, I've tried and haven't been able to).  If they add the list mentioned earlier (jw.org/download...) to the site-wide search then this would solve that.  But for the moment, the easiest way for a witness to find that URL on their own would be on jwiki, since searching for "new world translation" yields just 3 articles, and the first lists the number of languages.

21 hours ago, Brandon said:

oh yes absolutely!

Yeah, I can see your point. Just thought I'd mention my reservations, as well as any reservations or brothers might have visiting an unofficial site. Be well.

"I am convinced that nothing can separate us from God's love." Romans 8:38, 39

"Estoy convencido de que nada puede separarnos del amor de Dios" Romanos 8:38, 39

• 1 month later...

I’m curious and excited about how the brothers and sisters will feel about the upcoming Swedish revised translation of the Bible. I’m quite sure some will love it, appreciate the clarity, and how easy it will be to use in the ministry and when doing your personal study. And surely some will be sad that their beloved readings have been changed. Some will not realise until maybe years down the line why a particular phrase has been adjusted. I know every team of translators has put in many, many hours, thoughts, and prayers into producing a text that carefully follows the most reliable manuscripts and the instructions from the New World Translation Committee and the Translation Services.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I’m curious and excited about how the brothers and sisters will feel about the upcoming Swedish revised translation of the Bible. I’m quite sure some will love it, appreciate the clarity, and how easy it will be to use in the ministry and when doing your personal study. And surely some will be sad that their beloved readings have been changed. Some will not realise until maybe years down the line why a particular phrase has been adjusted. I know every team of translators has put in many, many hours, thoughts, and prayers into producing a text that carefully follows the most reliable manuscripts and the instructions from the New World Translation Committee and the Translation Services.
I think it will feel the same with Spanish. We are having a small taste during the CBS with the "Jesus, the way, the truth, the life" book. Altough the book use direct translated scriptures from the NWT English version, you read verses in a simple Spanish, easier to understand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I think it will feel the same with Spanish. We are having a small taste during the CBS with the "Jesus, the way, the truth, the life" book. Altough the book use direct translated scriptures from the NWT English version, you read verses in a simple Spanish, easier to understand.

Another thing people will find out is that it differs from the English translation in some ways...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

The New World Translation of the Bible (note the title change) was released today in Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian, at a meeting attended by over 51000 publishers as well as brother Anthony Morris and his wife, Susan.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

The work to revise the Bible has taken us 4 years from the first meeting until it was given to the printery. The Governing Body has also approved of the online Study Bible to be released in these languages. The first few books will be published later this year.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

19 hours ago, richietj77 said:

I noticed that as well. Same thing in the new Bible Lessons book that was released at the convention. Compare the quoted scriptures to the Bible we have now. You’ll see the differences. So much easier to understand. Just a taste of the revised Spanish bible. Can’t wait for it!

Very excited for our Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian brothers and sisters! Must have been amazing to see all three bibles being released at the same time. I’m sure Brother Morris had his hands full trying to hold all three at once if he had printed copies with him on the platform. Lol.

I noticed that as well. Same thing in the new Bible Lessons book that was released at the convention. Compare the quoted scriptures to the Bible we have now. You’ll see the differences. So much easier to understand. Just a taste of the revised Spanish bible. Can’t wait for it!

Very excited for our Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian brothers and sisters! Must have been amazing to see all three bibles being released at the same time. I’m sure Brother Morris had his hands full trying to hold all three at once if he had printed copies with him on the platform. Lol.

Yes, he was laughing at it, and said that it was an extremely rare situation. The RTOs have been working closely together to be able to release these bibles at the same time.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

6 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Yes, he was laughing at it, and said that it was an extremely rare situation. The RTOs have been working closely together to be able to release these bibles at the same time.

That’s incredible. The amount of cooperation needed for that is beyond amazing. Are the languages similar to one another? I’m not familiar with them.

That’s incredible. The amount of cooperation needed for that is beyond amazing. Are the languages similar to one another? I’m not familiar with them.

They are related, but that makes it harder, I think, in some respects. You want to make use of the finer qualities particular to each language.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”