JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 650 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 2/4/2019 at 6:28 AM, Astrid said:

His point was: if you love something, you find time

Tis very true, but on the other hand, sometimes getting into a routine is hard, even strenuous until you are in it. I would liken it to going to a gym. At the beginning it is super hard maybe can seem even annoying and then you let it rest for a while and keep trying to get back to a routine. Once you've been going to the gym for months regularly, you no longer want to miss it.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:15 PM, Skye said:

Br. Lösch emphasized that the new Bible is primarily for the ministry; he encouraged us not to read the new Bible with a view to criticizing the translation. He also said it is not an aid to learning Hebrew/Greek.

On a personal note, it impressed me to know that Br. Lösch 'practises what he preaches'. (Those in attendance would recall that he really emphasized the need to read the Bible daily. Not regularly!) He admitted that he reads the Bible every day, with the goal of completing it every year. 

You have already read some of the tips he gave for effective reading, such as not doing it before bedtime (goodnight cigarette illustration). One that stuck in my head was not listening to audio recordings of the Bible while driving. He recommended listening to Awake recordings etc instead. I was touched that the FDS really want us to hold the word of God, a love-letter from Jehovah to us, with the highest regard!

Indeed - I prefer NW ref. for learning usage of Hebrew and Greek words - and, of course, KIT for the Greek.

As I am a very slow reader - partly because I study and meditate rather than simply reading - I have found simply keeping up with our assigned Bible reading for each week is a good goal.

I have lost count of how many times we have read the entire Bible since I joined the ministry school in 1958.

On topic - how many languages is NW published in now?

1 hour ago, rlyem said:

176 with revision to existing languages :) 

The revised edition of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures was released in German on February 2, 2019, in Selters, Germany. The New World Translation has been tranlated in whole or in part into 179 languages, including 20 complete revisions based on the 2013 edition.

Edited by The German

• 3 weeks later...
by the way, we received some boxes last week - only to open from coordinator.......what could that be ?....I don't get it.....
It's most likely not the Bible. I have a strong Idea of what it is, but I don't think I'm allowed to say. It isn't the Bible though. That literature isn't for everybody.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, JPWRana said:

It's most likely not the Bible. I have a strong Idea of what it is, but I don't think I'm allowed to say. It isn't the Bible though. That literature isn't for everybody.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 weeks later...

The revised Bible was released in Shona on the March 17, in the city of Harare, Zimbabwe. This is the 21 revised edition release.

https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/New-World-Translation-Released-in-Shona/

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 3 weeks later...

The NWT (revised) was released in the following languages:

Cebuano, Tagalog and Waray-Waray (January 2019)

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/philippines/Jehovahs-Witnesses-Release-the-New-World-Translation-in-Three-Languages-in-the-Philippines/

Isoko and Yoruba (January 2019)

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/nigeria/An-Explosion-of-Delight-Revised-New-World-Translation-Released-in-Two-Nigerian-Languages/

I'm so happy for our spiritual brothers and sisters in their respective regions!

Edited by Omoyeme

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What this sweet video about the need for a Bible in Japanese Sign
Language. It will also give you some insight into the process of translating into Sign Language.

God’s Word Makes Their Faces Shine

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/docid-502019103_1_VIDEO

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, JohnFromOz said:

Anyone know what language this is? Is it Spanish?

751ECAA0-65A4-422F-AFFD-D6E1BE086747.png

Where did you get the picture?

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

No... it’s a video to be released this month for the congregations. It was supposed to be confidential. Also, the whole news about our Spanish brothers getting their bibles should have been confidential and now it’s all over Facebook. 😐😐

the news were supposed to come out in 15 days or so. 

2 hours ago, Patinage said:

Maybe Monterrey, Mexico at the international convention...

How many our brothers and sisters will enjoy the news! For years they were waiting for this moment. I hope not many Spanish speakers will see this news on our forum or elsewhere. It would be better to find out on the convention about this great news. 

The Chinese NWT is going to be a great help to those learning Mandarin. It's got Pinyin on top of the Chinese characters. The readers of the audio version also have a nice soft accent. I wonder if it is done in the Taiwanese Mandarin.

I once wanted to learn Mandarin, because my country borders China, and there are also many Chinese migrants in the region. Plus, there is a 100,000-strong community of local Chinese Muslims called Dungans who speak a northwestern dialect of Mandarin. A local elder once told me that the Dungans are probably the only local ethnic group who has not been reached with the good news much and there was a great need to preach to them.