JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

OFFICIAL: Dallas hospital isolates ebola patient

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3475 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just heard the news conference on it, they are trying so hard to downplay it  - "there no possible way anyone on the plane he traveled over with will get it, it's not an air born disease and he showed no signs of being sick at the time", "the only ones who may get it is his family or some of the health care providers here" and then in the next sentence they say it takes anywhere from 2 days to 3 weeks to show signs of being sick!  I have a feeling this might be the first case in the U.S., but it won't be the last.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Could this be a scenario : Flight attendant brings everyone something to drink, person takes a drink maybe getting choked and coughs all over glass. Stewardess gets dishes from everyone, picks up the cup he/she coughed on, then wipes her mouth or face....Wouldn't saliva from a cough be considered bodily fluids? :wacko:

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Could this be a scenario : Flight attendant brings everyone something to drink, person takes a drink maybe getting choked and coughs all over glass. Stewardess gets dishes from everyone, picks up the cup he/she coughed on, then wipes her mouth or face....Wouldn't saliva from a cough be considered bodily fluids? :wacko:

I would say yes it is possible.

I fly alot as my husband works for an airline.  On his airline in coach, the flight attendant's do not take the cups (coach uses plastic cups) from passengers.  They hold a garbage bag out and the passengers put the cups and all their garbage  in the bag.  In First Class, the flight attendant does take the cup (first class uses actual glasses) from the passengers, but she/he has gloves on.  Passengers in first also throw their own garbage out as the flight attendant walks up and down with a garbage bag.

Also when the cabin crew comes in after the passengers leave to clean the airplane, many times people stuff garbage in the pocket in the seat in front of them.  I know the crew wears masks and gloves when taking the garbage out.

Edited by ava

I just heard this evening from friends in New York, that our brothers in West Africa, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, and 3 other countries are not doing well.  This Ebola, has affected some of our brothers and no one has a count of how many have survived and or perhaps died.   Hope someone in here can share some news on our brothers? 

I got an email a week ago the report was from bethel to update the status of the situation and yes they did say that at that time the number of deaths had been 5 but all of these were ones that worked in the health care business. No others up to that date. I do not have the current information on this and have been a little worried one of have sisters I grew up with is there in missionary service.

Oh the report mentioned that the halls had put in place washing stations on entering the hall with bleach and that they have advised all the brothers and sisters to be very careful in service and to use the same bleach and washing process used at the hall at their homes. The brothers are on top of the best hygiene process for them that will prevent transmission.

Just heard on the news down here in TX that this man with ebola was dismissed from the hospital the first time he came due to the fact that the information he gave to the nurse that he had been to Africa was not given to the proper people in charge.  Also, he has been in contact with 18 people, 5 of them in different schools in Dallas.

Oh no...this is not good Ava. Have they said anything about contacting these people or have they just let them contact tons of people too? Awful for everyone. Prayer and use the bleach solutions upon entering and leaving if your close to the area...

What has surprised me are the numbers of Americans who believe that Ebola is a man-made disease for any variety of conspiracy theories. :wacko:

Given the relativity low numbers of Brothers and Sisters affected in the areas under "fire", I feel fairly comfortable in the current atmosphere in the US of over-cleaning in reaction to germs, that while there will be cases here, the media will completely blow up the (again, few) cases that will crop up. 

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

I pray this is contained.....Of course it could be one of the "plagues" of the rider on one of the 4 horses in Revelation?,,,,,

All pestilence today is a result of the horsemen, as is the wars, and food shortages & Subsequent deaths are all from the horsemen according to my knowledge.

These horsemen show the utter failures of mans rulership. Isn't it fitting then, that Jehovah says " Come" in regards to these horsemen! Because he knows there riding will uncover mans failed rule.

( this is my thoughts on the matter)

As I was getting ready for work this morning and watching the news, the ticker came across the screen that said a man in the hospital in Hawaii may the the SECOND Ebola case in the US.

How the heck did it get from West Africa to Hawaii??

It's not good, this really should have been a quarantine situation, not open for contacting different countries like it is. Anyone coming or going to The infected areas should be quarantined for 2 months before they are allowed to continue. I understand it takes about 2 or more weeks for some to show symptoms. Because this particular man had symptoms and was released and allowed to visit others and then those people visit others who may travel to no telling where is a bad situation.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/02/health/ebola-us/index.html

I personally think this Ebola scare and Outbreak, Will be used as a means of control.

When in the United States the government starts to move against religion there's going to be civil rights activist protesting the whole thing even rioting in the streets in protest. That's where ebola comes in. In Africa in an attempt to quarantine Ebola, governmental officials quarantining entire city of 1 million people.

It's very well possible that something similar could happen here in the US

On The Daily Mail Today/Oct 2, 2014

ONE HUNDRED exposed to Ebola patient ... His quarantined wife says his sweat-soaked sheets are still on their bed ... Panicked parents pull kids from school despite 'everything is fine' notes

(now you know that these suspected infected family members and or friends are not going to stay in the confines of their home! Why their on the news all over the world, and have to have their a share of the limelight.  Watch, it will get out of hand in Texas and eventually spread/my private thoughts)

I think the ebola patient in Dallas actually took a couple planes to get over here to Dallas.  So that could explain why someone else in Hawaii has it.  I think this will get bigger than the CDC in the U.S. is letting on - especially if it will be in fulfillment of bible prophecy.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D