JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ferguson Grand Jury announcement

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3408 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://cnnuslive.cnn.com/Event/Grand_jury_rules_in_Michael_Browns_death?hpt=hp_t1

I just received an email from work:

All City employees, your families and friends,

Chief          and I would like you to know that the Henderson Police and Fire Departments are prepared for the Ferguson, MO Verdict.  We have received information from the Southern Nevada Counter Terrorism Center that several open media sources are reporting that a verdict has been reached by the Grand Jury in Ferguson, MO. The same sources are reporting that the St. Louis County Prosecutor’s Office will tentatively make an announcement today at  5 pm our time.

Although we do not have any information on protests or civil unrest within our City, the Henderson Police Department  along with other Law Enforcement and Fire agencies have been working together for a combined response to any peaceful demonstration or protests as a result of the verdict.  The City of Henderson and specifically the Henderson Police and Fire Departments have a contingency plan in place and have been preparing for a response for the last three weeks. 

All employees should take measures to check the security/integrity of their facilities; limiting access to designated entry points only.  If you become aware of protests or demonstrations in reference to this issue, please contact our police/fire dispatch center at                     or 911 in cases of emergency.  The COH Internal Alert System may also be utilized if there are emergent safety concerns at a specific location within the City.

Chief of Police

Henderson Police Department

Is it really that bad?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

http://cnnuslive.cnn.com/Event/Grand_jury_rules_in_Michael_Browns_death?hpt=hp_t1

Is it really that bad?

We don't what the verdict is. What they are trying to tell you is to be very careful. We had a warning from a District Oveerseer of one event that happened  at the same area of the assembly. Basically he said stay in the hotels and don't go out. Thank God nothing happened.

Anothers words; ALL BE CAREFULL!!!!! And don't go out unless you have to.

Edited by Dustparticle

Is it really that bad?[/quote

Yes, it that bad, we are living in the last days for sure. I think the whole world is waiting for the verdict.

Is it really that bad?

Meanwhile, in Cleveland... 

Protesters gather at Public Square to rally against police-involved shootings

CLEVELAND - Hundreds of protestors have gathered at Public Square in response to police-involved shootings in Cleveland, most recently, a Saturday incident where a 12-year-old boy was shot and killed.

Just heard the decision, they're visually panning all over looking for violence.  Seeing some stage a "Die-in" in Seattle. A demonstration mob that's growing. 

The only 2 people who know what happened and why is the young Brown man and the officer. So nobody really is basing their mob actions on actual fact but on rumor. The prosecuting attorney even said that there was conflicting eyewitness testimony so determining what really happened isn't possible.

I'm not surprised that there's so much unrest on this issue, people love to get involved, even if they don't know all the circumstances.  

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

As I'm watching now, there were no indictments for officer Wilson over the killing of Michael Brown and people were throwing bottles at the officers and tear gas has also been used although right now they aren't sure by whom. Apparently there are organized protests in several major cities including Los Angeles, and Detroit. I guess the police are the ones using the tear gas to disperse the crowds in Fergeson, now calling it an unlawful assembly. This is such an odd situation when you consider that white officers shoot and kill black people probably everyday and visa versa but somehow this one shooting is really causing major problems nationwide. You can really see how the masses of humanity are getting more and more restless!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

It's too bad people can't just teach their kids to respect and obey the law and police officers. I am thinking the race card is played too many times to cover up parental failures.

In that last sentence, you said a mouthful! When I see the disrespectful, terrible things people do I mostly want to slap their parents silly!

So far they've set a police car on fire and looted the store Michael Brown robbed before he got killed, I really don't understand mob mentality. "Hey, let's loot and destroy the town we live in, have to work in to make a living and raise our kids in - that will make this whole situation better!" Satan has his fingerprints all over this one.

So far they've set a police car on fire and looted the store Michael Brown robbed before he got killed, I really don't understand mob mentality. "Hey, let's loot and destroy the town we live in, have to work in to make a living and raise our kids in - that will make this whole situation better!" Satan has his fingerprints all over this one.

That's why I said what I said in post #7. People want to revolt. It's mob mentality. It gets attention. Makes me shake my head. I'm a peace lover and can't understand why people do what they do.  

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Could someone sum up this case for all the non-american JW here ?

I believe it all started back in August. An 18 year old, rather large black man (6'4", over 200 lbs) robbed a convenience store of some cigars and then made threatening gestures to the store clerk to get away without paying. A police officer who was nearby on an unrelated matter heard about the robbery over the radio and recognized him from the description. A confrontation developed that resulted in the young black man (Michael Brown) have six bullets in him and killing him. Too many witnesses muddied the "waters" and it took months to weed out the credible ones apparently. The police officer that shot him was white - so it became a "race" issue instead of a "criminal versus cop" issue. The verdict of the grand jury came back today and it was "NO indictment for the police officer" in other words, he wouldn't be charged with anything - he was doing his job and didn't use excessive force to do it because of this black man's threatening behavior (they used forensic and witness testimony to substantiate everything apparently - that is what they are saying) So the whole town of Ferguson is up in arms over the verdict and tearing the town apart.
Edited by shali

I was 12 and living in Southern California when the LA riots hit in '92...seeing it all over again, like deja-vu. I guess if there's anything positive from this is we can let people know the "progress" of humanity under the wicked is just an illusion when we preach the Good News

Edited by Dan A.

Wow '92, so nothing really new here after 22 years, eh? Well except not near as violent as the '92 riots.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Dan, my husband thought the very same thing, especially when he saw the crowd stopping the cars on the highway. There were a lot of people crowded around a white semi and he said "It's going to be a Rodney King thing all over again".

Dan, my husband thought the very same thing, especially when he saw the crowd stopping the cars on the highway. There were a lot of people crowded around a white semi and he said "It's going to be a Rodney King thing all over again".

Be careful...the spirit these people can manifest is demonic to say the least.

Watts, Southgate, and Ferguson...All the same ... only the people are different

Actually, the times we are living in are a little different too - I look at stupid little situations like this that should of never escalated into anything like it has and think "will this be what it takes to start the GT?" You never know - Jehovah's thinking is so superior to ours, he knows the exact situation to spark 'the beginning of the end'.

I think he meant another "Reginal Denny" thing. That was the guy that was pulled out of his truck and almost beaten to death by a mob. Rodney King was beat up by the police.

Your right, he did say Reginal Denny - as usual, I got the detail of the name wrong (not good with details at all!)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3408 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.