JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ferguson Grand Jury announcement

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3407 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's almost strange, some of the comments from my friends. We are Jehovah's Witness's are we not? We are more aware of injustice than anyone in the world aren't we?

Why are we letting this upset us any more than any other travesty Satan has placed upon the Earth. Do I since a bit of satanic work here trying to divide even us? It was an injustice period. It does not matter whose point of view you take. It was needless period. But try to reflect on your feelings as to why you are feeling the way you do. Try to understand this is all a part of Satan's plan to disrupt mankind in general and us also if he can. Don't get caught up in it. Don't expect true justice from any man on earth. All we can do is set our standards. Uphold our values our conduct. We can't effect the world just ourselves.

Be patient friends. true justice, it's coming and it's in a hurry!

I definitely agree. I'm learning that if such conversations cause you to exhibit any other fruitage than that of Gods spirit that there's only one other spirit that you could be reflecting.

I appreciate unity not conformity. At that same time bickering, strife, anger (even slight) leaves room for the Devil. I'm certainly not perfect however the standard is set---neturality.

We are engaged in a spiritual war. Satan would love us to be distracted to creep in to overtake us if only for a few moments so that our defenses are down and he can creep in just a little.

Being short sighted about these matters IMO is missing the point entirely for a Christian....myself included. We strive to be are no part of the world in all matters.

Satan uses this type of distraction as a Trojan horse of some sort. Its a no win taking any the side of but the kingdom.

I definitely agree. I'm learning that if such conversations cause you to exhibit any other fruitage than that of Gods spirit that there's only one other spirit that you could be reflecting.

I appreciate unity not conformity. At that same time bickering, strife, anger (even slight) leaves room for the Devil. I'm certainly not perfect however the standard is set---neturality.

We are engaged in a spiritual war. Satan would love us to be distracted to creep in to overtake us if only for a few moments so that our defenses are down and he can creep in just a little.

Being short sighted about these matters IMO is missing the point entirely for a Christian....myself included. We strive to be are no part of the world in all matters.

Satan uses this type of distraction as a Trojan horse of some sort. Its a no win taking any the side of but the kingdom.

Amen!!

I would like to add that I looked up the interviews given by the parents.

The one that I saw was on CNN with Don Lemon and it was just after their son was killed. I could not judge by this interview that they did not teach their son not to respect authority. All I saw was distraught parents, the mother broke down, and started crying, father did him best to keep it together.

The interview i saw was on GMA with Charlie Rose and Gayle King, I believe this after the video showing there son stealing cigars and grabbing the shop owner by the neck. And I could not judge by that interview either, that they did teach their not to respect authority.

By the way, I heard on the radio today that Brown was left on the street dead for 4 hours.

In any event, we can't give/allow Satan ANY opportunity to pull us apart from Jehovah or each other. Let's not make this another OJ.

We want to thank everyone involved in this discussion for your heartfelt expressions.  This tragedy has rocked the United States, drawn world wide attention and has even deeply touched our Brothers and Sisters, including members of this board who live in the area.

In closing, let us reflect on the positive message the Bible has provided us.  It's sad but not surprising that injustice and oppression continue to polarize and disrupt humanity.  Instead of dwelling on the hurt and the inability for man to change these satanic acts, let us reaffirm our desire to help people understand the only hope for the end to racism and bigotry.

*** ml pp. 25-30 There Is Much More to Life! ***
The Way to Survive for Eternal Life
36 Will you be among the survivors? That depends on whether you turn off the broad road that plunges on toward destruction. It depends on your obeying the road signs along the way that leads to life. If you really want to live, it is not too hard. It means learning to love God and neighbor. As 1 John 5:3 states, “This is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments.” Some of the things that he requires of us are stated earlier in this letter of John’s (2:15-17):
“Do not be loving either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him; because everything in the world—the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life—does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world. Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever.”  In order to remain alive forever, receiving God’s protection and favor clear through the “great tribulation” and on into the restored paradise, we must turn away from the things that God hates—the immorality, the greed, the dishonesty, the lying, the thievery and the conflicts of the world. By doing this we can also make life worth living now.

37 Jesus himself said of his disciples: “They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.” (John 17:16) How would we apply this in our lives? It means we should separate ourselves from the aims and programs of a world that is actually heading for destruction under its god and ruler, Satan the “wicked one.” In our daily lives, we need to be nonparticipants in worldly activities that are in conflict with God’s rule. As Matthew 24:3 and 25:31 show, the sign of “the conclusion of the system of things” is also the sign of Jesus’ “presence” in heaven with Kingdom power. Therefore, from the year 1914, the prophecy is also fulfilled that “the kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord [God] and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever.” (Revelation 11:15) Now is the time to give support to that kingdom! Our future life depends on God’s kingdom. Can we, then, conscientiously support the wars, the revolutions, the political movements or the worldly schemes of our time? These are certain to fail in their objectives. For they are claiming to do what God’s kingdom alone can do. The entire system is doomed. So why share in trying to patch it up? Rather, let us give wholehearted support to the certain remedy—God’s kingdom!

38 Does this mean we must become anarchists? Far from it! For “God is a God, not of disorder, but of peace.” (1 Corinthians 14:33) So long as existing governments continue, God expects us to obey their laws and respect their rulers. Says Romans 13:1: “Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities.” This means giving “Caesar” (the government) his due by paying taxes and keeping all the laws, provided they do not conflict with God’s law.—Mark 12:17.

39 In addition to love for God, we must show love for our neighbor. Where better can we start than in our own families! But how can we do this? The Bible answers simply, at Colossians 3:18-21:  “You wives, be in subjection to your husbands, as it is becoming in the Lord. You husbands, keep on loving your wives and do not be bitterly angry with them. You children, be obedient to your parents in everything, for this is well-pleasing in the Lord. You fathers, do not be exasperating your children, so that they do not become downhearted.”
A fine basis, indeed, for building a united family! And not only in the family, but in relations with all others, we can cultivate qualities of “compassion, kindness, lowliness of mind, mildness, and long-suffering.” And what is the principal thing? “Besides all these things, clothe yourselves with love, for it is a perfect bond of union.”—Colossians 3:12, 14.

40 You may ask, Is there any group of people on earth today who really apply in their lives this love of God and neighbor? There is such a group. If there is a Kingdom Hall in your neighborhood, you need only to look that far to find them. They are an international group, numbering into the millions. For the most part, they are just ordinary folk, no different in background from most of their neighbors, and usually they follow the same daily occupations as do others of their community. But their first love is for their God. They look forward to His will being done on earth, and they live their lives accordingly. Hence, they are zealous in studying the Bible, applying its principles in their everyday living and telling its message to their neighbors. They are Jehovah’s Christian witnesses. Why not meet with them at the Kingdom Hall in your community? You will find that there is no ritual, no passing of collection plates, no stiff formalism. Instead, you will find a warmhearted people who are even now getting a great deal of satisfaction out of life, and who are looking forward to everlasting life in perfection on a paradise earth.

41 Would you not like to associate with people that have this hope and live by it? They have a worldwide unity that has been brought about through living by Bible principles. In their own ranks they have solved the problems that nations have worked on unsuccessfully for centuries, such as war, racism and nationalism. Because they live by the Bible, they are basically free of problems related to violence, crime, dishonesty and immorality among themselves. They are not plagued by social ills. Even if one of their number should err seriously, though this is rare, he is lovingly rehabilitated when he repents. Knowing that God “made out of one man every nation of men, to dwell upon the entire surface of the earth,” they do not allow their view of each individual human to be influenced by his social standing, his education or lack thereof, his nationality or the color of his skin.—Acts 17:26.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3407 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.