JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 594 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Well, we found out why the carpet was scheduled for three days:

The prep work that has been being done before we arrive is now being scheduled as part of the install process. Although it makes more work for us, it is actually a good idea. All too often we have come to install the carpet and find the floor was prepped with the wrong materials ar the floor is not properly prepped

We started the day by sweeping the entire Hall and floating the floor with the proper material. As soon as that dried we primed the floor with a sealer made for the way we were installing the carpet squares. They get installed with "Lokdots".

We also had to let the tile Brothers finish their work. They did and the tile overseer left.

When the floor prep was ready, probably between 3:30 - 4:00, we put down our "starter run" so we would have it when we came in the morning. While the Brother was putting in this run, a couple more Brothers added some additional tiles. Some of the tile Brothers that were still there saw the tiles going down with the Lokdots and wanted to know if they could help. They started in. Then, some of the locals who had been installing some sod outside came in and asked if they could help (yes, they were clean by this time).

Before we left at 5 almost the entire auditorium was installed as well as part of the lobby.

When we got there this morning and started in things went well. We did have to work around the door installers and the Brothers working in the Restrooms installing the partitions. Even with that, the three of us were able to leave about an hour after lunch. There were still a few things to finish up but they had more than enough installers there to finish, several of us really had nothing to do. There are times when having too many people gets in the way :) - shouldn't have taken them more than an hour or so. 

We had a 3 hour ride home but we are happy to have been able to assist with this LDC project. The local Congregation was really happy with their renovated Hall - seems it was really in need of this renovation.

We are also happy to sleep in our own beds tonight :thumbsup:  

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...

Question?

When updating a DC-50 application and you are already registered with Builder assist, does the secretary have to review your information with the body of elders or just input the new and updated information?  I received an email that said I had 30 days to update it. The secretary has been ill for the past few weeks and says he still has not submitted it.   It will be a month next week. 

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

There is no specific rule that the Secretary "needs" to review the information with the rest of the Body nor is there anything that says he should not consult the other Brothers. In short, it never hurts for the Secretary to ask the rest of the BOE if there are any problems with a person continuing with the LDC

That said, the time frame for updating the DC-50 and Builder Assistant is somewhat critical. The LDC arrangement is serious about keeping the information updated to stay active. The Secretary needs to submit the updated DC-50 before the 30 days if there are no objections from any of the other Elders. If he is ill, he should have one of the other Elders submit the DC-50.

If your DC-50 is not updated on time, it is quite possible that your BA account will be marked as inactive until it gets updated.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 1/1/2018 at 9:00 PM, Qapla said:

There is no specific rule that the Secretary "needs" to review the information with the rest of the Body nor is there anything that says he should not consult the other Brothers. In short, it never hurts for the Secretary to ask the rest of the BOE if there are any problems with a person continuing with the LDC

That said, the time frame for updating the DC-50 and Builder Assistant is somewhat critical. The LDC arrangement is serious about keeping the information updated to stay active. The Secretary needs to submit the updated DC-50 before the 30 days if there are no objections from any of the other Elders. If he is ill, he should have one of the other Elders submit the DC-50.

If your DC-50 is not updated on time, it is quite possible that your BA account will be marked as inactive until it gets updated.

Brother John thank you so much for your help!  I called the branch and spoke with a remote volunteer and they said that after they receive my application update it will take an additional two weeks to process it. So my account will be deactivated but not to worry I will receive an email from the LDC once they receive the application and all have to do is login and it should be activated again. But in the meantime if there is any projects in the area I will not be called until my application has been submitted.   I don’t know how to relate this information to the secretary or even if I should let him know that he does not need to meet with the body in order to update my applicationthat he just needs to be sure via text message or phone call that I am in good standing.  I don’t want to be the cause of a bad taste in his mouth the end of the day LOL 

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

• 4 weeks later...

I met a brother yesterday that was at the AH to evaluate putting up two video walls just like the RC. We currently have two projectors. Cool!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 1/3/2018 at 9:11 PM, Zebra555 said:

Can you help?

What are the Min/Max age for the A-19?

Thanks!

It should be included in the form itself, if there is none, there are no age limits brother dennis :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

The A-20 letter for Bethel type service mentions the ages 19-55

baptized over 1 year

and also indicates over 55 with special skills can be considered

with our current DRC in Florida ....we have many of different ages

the LDC has recently been assigned by the GB to oversee the Disaster Releif efforts

instead of under Service committee 

So some of the LDC guidelines apply here

We have workers at 17 and 18

but under 18 not allowed on roof or risky situations...like power tools

they also limit the high end to 70

yet we still have several over 70.....they just assist on the ground level and even oversight roles

however everyone in the roof is practicing safety to a high degree

including harnesses and safety lanyards

and viewing a detailed safety video that lasts over 90 minutes

hope that helps

Edited by DarinS

I just received an email that my application for DC 50 is now updated! Now just pray then I am called!  I will ask our secretary for an A-19 app. next meeting.  I really miss the Decorating Dept. and can’t wait to hear what’s in store.:D-_-:uhhuh:  I do realize there is a lot of changes  such as drop shipping all the furniture and decor....but I would love to be one’s to set the Kingdom Hall!  Previously there were two helpers to assist me in Interior Decorating and now one of them is serving at Patterson! So excited for her! I feel so out of the loop!  Can someone tell me what changes come about?

Edited by Gi-Gi

3 hours ago, needgreater said:

I heard that Spain is having a big project and London is in full swing. Does anyone know of any large construction projects taking place or will take place soon?

A brother in our congregation was an international worker and he is looking for an international project to get invited to, he hasn't been able to find any projects yet that will invite him.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Umm Puerto Rico

largest disaster relief ever.....

they are being told 300 in oversight ...PCC....kind of like. Project supervisor...can be couples

also 500 volunteers......brothers.....single or without family ( going without wife limits length of visit)

and 500 locals to help relief daily 

so that might mean 1000 volunteers each day ...spread over the 10 Disaster Releif Centers in PR

They also would like to be complete by Sept 1 2018.....before any other storms come this way

Hurricane season starts down here June thru November....

but the main time is August and September 

seems like the humanitarian work and stabilization (think tarps, etc)  are mainly done

and now the restoration is ramping up

we know of 2 halls being set up dormitory style ....bunk beds .....temp showers ....these  hold about 40 brothers

would life be to go....but we still have about 400 homes to re-roof and repair here in Florida

was told this week that we have completed over 1700 homes already here in FL

many of these were a bit smaller jobs tho.....some were able to be repaired/pathched....seems like the ones left are full re-roofs and sometimes include interior assistance ...feels like it’s taking about a week per house ...what with 2 & 3 inspections per roof and such

hoping the logistics in PR won’t be that much of an impediment....

well....... we all know Jehovah removes impediments that we fret over 

so we can be confident he will bless our efforts

The AH maintenance overseer has started emailing me the weekly Safety Newsletters from LDC. My previous career was very safety oriented so I'm very impressed with the Safety Newsletters. 

On 10/13/2015 at 6:52 AM, richietj77 said:

If I recall correctly, in the video LDC: Designing Future Kingdom Halls (http://tv.jw.org/#video/VODProgramsEvents/pub-jwbrd_201503_5_VIDEO) all the brothers stated that the new design was standardized, reducing the costs of the hall building process. So in a way, I think the adjustments really started with the change on KH constructions.

PS: I knew I saw the LMMO of the CLAMM model meeting before! (Br. Lahfdany from LDC)

I just watched part of that video again because it has a section about the different volunteer forms. In the video they interviewed brother Byron Dietrich, he has been housed at the local AH for over a year and I see him every week, I didn't know he was in the video...

My niece and her husband have been assigned to Puerto Rico since the  disaster... just talked to them and they are now going into the actual repair phase.. before it was tarping, removing debris and accessing materials and costs of needed supplies. They are still facing challenges of finding places for accommodation of all the needed workers.  

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

6 minutes ago, Lance said:

My niece and her husband have been assigned to Puerto Rico since the  disaster... just talked to them and they are now going into the actual repair phase.. before it was tarping, removing debris and accessing materials and costs of needed supplies. They are still facing challenges of finding places for accommodation of all the needed workers.  

One of the current SKE student couples were there for two months and received their SKE invitation, so they left PR to come here. They had found a tiny apartment in town for $35 a week...

Unfortunately it lost power every night just as they got home. They lived off of Spam for two months..

Edited by Tortuga

We had our maintenance training day today. Wow. I am fairly ok with most repairs, but I still learned a great deal.As to training, I have found that 2/3 of secular courses are filler. But every minute was filled with this course.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

I love the new safety culture that the brothers are actively creating at all levels of work. The maintenance program at the KH and AH  requires a JHA (Job Hazard Analysis) for every job. If you aren't familiar with a JHA, you will be..:)

The JHA form instructions includes the basic guidelines for mitigating a hazard. The first steps of mitigation try to eliminate the hazard and then finally use PPE as a last resort to protect against the hazard.

I use to work in a very dangerous industry that had a strong safety culture and it tried to follow the same basic guideline for hazard mitigation, unfortunately there were many times it was quicker, cheaper or easier to just use PPE as the first option. That put people at risk.

I really appreciate the brothers creating a strong safety culture based on scriptural principles and doing it right...

Edited by Tortuga

On 2/5/2018 at 10:29 AM, Tortuga said:

I just watched part of that video again because it has a section about the different volunteer forms. In the video they interviewed brother Byron Dietrich, he has been housed at the local AH for over a year and I see him every week, I didn't know he was in the video...

I can't get that video to play...

(http://tv.jw.org/#video/VODProgramsEvents/pub-jwbrd_201503_5_VIDEO)

"It's a good day to be alive and serve the True God, Jehovah." 

It seems that we have a part of LDC that isn't chatted about much... Design.  :D

There are a few in this thread that are part of that group.  Mostly they deal with remodels and if anyone has remodeled a house they will tell you it is a pain challenge.  :)  They have to mash up the new KH - US v1.1 standards to fit the proposed KH remodel.  That is no fun because everything takes time and a vast majority aren't familiar with WTCAD or with CAD at all.  The brothers are just wanting willing spirits because they can be trained.  And their prayers are answered by spiritual and eager servants.  Jehovah is so patient and kind, this is seen by the shepherds taking the lead and oversight.

Hope it helps in giving some insight, :detective:

Nathan

"It's a good day to be alive and serve the True God, Jehovah." 

I was in the decorating department.   I miss the good old days when they gave the decorators the blank check! LOL   Right now my DC-50 doesn’t say that I’m willing to work abroad...I don’t know how to change that I may have to call. 

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)