JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 572 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I think the transition and roll out of new ldc is more challenging than anticipated.. I just finished the last Rbc project.. The amount of future projects are starting to pile up .. In our area they are scrambling... Too much work and not enough qualified full time servants..we might have to do a hybrid system of ldc/ Rbc we shall see...:)

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

• 3 weeks later...

Just talked with a brother on LDC .. They are seriously looking at AAC. Autoclaved Aerated Concrete for above grade walls ...

I noticed on YouTube that they can put up a sizeable building in 1 day with 3 guys and a crane on above grade slab..

8" walls rated at R20 .. Soundproof.. Termite proof.. Inert ...able to cut with a hand saw or bandsaw

You can stucco the outside or strap it and put a rain screen and siding .. Inside I imagine they will steel stud the walls ..

Since it is dimensional material all that is needed is a special thinset as a mortar/ glue for any seams ...

Interesting stuff

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Can someone tell me what form A2 is for .....its appeared on my jw.org page where I can fill it out myself and it going straight to the branch without going through my service committee

You jest, right? :D

Presumptuousness is not a trait valued among Jehovah's servants. :(  

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

So just a quick update I had the privilege of working on the first LDC kingdom hall in the United States it's in West Palm Beach Florida it's a double kingdom hall two separate buildings

first new construction we've already had visitors from the palm coast which overseeing this zone and we even had some visitors from Patterson who are overseeing LDC they were really excited they're looking for the pattern that we set to be replicated over many many New kingdom halls

There has been 2 building started since then one in Texas And one in New Jersey

It's a unique design many of us have seen pictures or artist rendition but was fun to be working on the actual project we've dug the footers poured them laid the lower part of the block wall backfilled poured the full floor and created the block walls we've also done all the undergroundwork such as plumbing electric sewer some site work and some in the parking lot still got a bit to go but I'm having a blast we were also requested any pictures we take not to post on the Internetnot to email them or post them on any form of social media

sounds like the branch would like to be the ones dispensing this info to all the friends worldwide at the same time

We have four couples signed by the branch who are working there on a daily basis with their new schedule Tuesday through Saturday work week

It really is nice to see the new construction going up at a quick pace with even a small crew

may Jehovah bless all the new construction

Edited by DarinS

So just a quick update I had the privilege of working on the first LDC kingdom hall in the United States it's in West Palm Beach Florida it's a double kingdom hall two separate buildings

There has been 2 building started since then one in Texas And one in New Jersey

It's a unique design many of us have seen pictures or artist rendition but was fun to be working on the actual project we've dug the footers poured them laid the lower part of the block wall backfilled poured the full floor and created the block walls we've also done all the undergroundwork such as plumbing electric sewer some site work and some in the parking lot still got a bit to go but I'm having a blast we were also requested any pictures we take not to post on the Internetnot to email them or post them on any form of social media

sounds like the branch would like to be the ones dispensing this info to all the friends worldwide at the same time

We have four couples signed by the branch who are working there on a daily basis with their new schedule Tuesday through Saturday work week

It really is nice to see the new construction going up at a quick pace with even a small crew

may Jehovah bless all the new construction

It's two buildings with one lobby, or two different lobbies? Does it has auxiliary auditoriums?

first new construction we've already had visitors from the palm coast which overseeing this zone and we even had some visitors from Patterson who are overseeing LDC they were really excited they're looking for the pattern that we set to be replicated over many many New kingdom halls

How exciting!

Will you be able to post pictures?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It was stated NO! Official channels only.

"we were also requested any pictures we take not to post on the Internet not to email them or post them on any form of social media"

See what happens when I get excited, I miss all the important stuff.. :)  

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My son's congregation is one getting the new LDC design KH in North Jersey.    As you said all of the outside work is being done first.    

Funny, but he told me last fall when they started clearing the land they were the 1st ones in US to build the new design and that the LDC workers were already in their apartment in the area.   They are building the mediun size hall.       But now I have burst his bubble and tell him ...  nope .... they are not the first ones.

Isn't  it wonderful to be apart of such an organization where our brothers and sisters enjoying working so hard for Jehovah!   Thank you Bro Darin.

LDC is still assisting in many changes and refurbished and remodels that were already scheduled or started

Especially as the local RBC groups are being 'dissolved'

Some of the remodels are getting to include a newer design feature...ie literature display

This just happens to be the first new construction

And 2 others were started shortly afterward

These are separate building on same lot ....facing each other....driveway in between

The brothers were asked to track how many people and how many man hours are required for each task

So back to the idea of a commercial project.....each part and phase is planned and hours are accounted for and better project management usually means a faster streamlined construction project

Brother Darin, thank you for your recent posts. Will the no posting of photos at newer LDC projects applies to the newer design or if it was mentioned they will be applied to all LDC projects into the foreseeable future? Thanks.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

The project we were on is an LDC directed project ..... however, the rough-in was already in the ground and the slab poured when LDC took charge of the build. They did say that, had the slab not been poured, they would have probably re-dug the rough-in and built the new design.

There was NO mention of any prohibition about pictures - even when one of the LDC brothers was standing right next to me when someone snapped one.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Thanks Brother Darin. I guess it's on a case by case basis? Perhaps?

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 2 months later...

It's official - I have an invitation to work at Warwick - I will be there the first week of November

Nice!

If you meet a brother in Transportation named Chris that looks like Jesus on the RC drama video, tell him I said hello. 

A sister in my mother's car group this morning said there was some major announcement today at Morning Worship about branch or Kingdom Hall construction projects.  Has anyone heard anything?

Does the sister in your mother's car group have access to the current Morning Worship or was she referring to an older MW?

Thanks. I inadvertently had my filter on and didn't see the new topic.

Edited by Shawnster

Fixed broken link

It's official - I have an invitation to work at Warwick - I will be there the first week of November

Hang on to that letter....

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)