JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

• 2 months later...

quinoa-black-bean-corn-tacos1-426x640.jp                        

Here is the corn tortilla Taco version Omo...

Edited by Precision

I'm so happy to be able to eat avocado, finally (don't know what changed but I'm glad it has). Had some boneless chicken left over from dinner, put an avocado on top of it for breakfast, so satisfying. 

And I made guacamole for the first time too, had it on an omelet. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 1/23/2016 at 6:36 PM, Omo_Yeme said:
On 10/22/2015 at 6:23 PM, Tortuga said:

I love avocados, when I was a kid my dad would would cut one in half and put a little salt and pepper on it and eat it out of the skin with a spoon, each of us kids would do the same thing. I like adding avocado slices to a tuna sandwich.

mmmmm, avocado--don't know how I missed this....

Years ago, when I was working as a equipment mechanic on a dirt spread, we got word that a field of avocado trees were going to be torn out the following week and that we, the mechanics, could take as many as we wanted.....

I had a 3/4 ton Ford truck...when we were finished, you could not fit another avocado on it, it would roll off of the mound when I turned. The springs on the truck were sagging, it swayed heavily in turning, and I got funny looks from people on the road..(that part is pretty much normal)..We gave away about 90% of them to neighbors and friends, still had many dozens...

There is one in the kitchen right now---be right back...lol.

Edited by tekmantwo

somehow goofed on the quote box?

recently learned a new way to holdover an avocado. Place a slightly moist paper towel on the cut half, making sure the towel touches the whole surface. I now this will keep for one day. Not willing to push it to the nth degree.   lol

p.s. cashews and raisins make a great break snack.

Edited by MizPeg