JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

KHCONF for windows pc

I have tried unsuccessfully to install KHConf on windows pc, some in my cong are asking and i am trying to help, anyone successfully done this? Its fine on android & ipad, but not pc. Advice appreciated.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

I could not get KHConf to work on pc. It said it was working - but no sound.

Our hall just switched away from KHConf due to problems.

Our new system is phone based, cheaper, clearer sound, esp. with music, But tends to cut out a few seconds here & there.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I use version 1.0.9 on my laptop and it works good. I like the fact that is doesn't "install" in Windows, you just run the .exe file each time you use it. Just make sure you have the settings correct. The access phone number, the congregation "pin" number and your caller ID (the last four digits of your phone number)

Also, be sure the correct "Speakers" are chosen in settings.

Edited by Musky

What Musky said works for me just fine. I have been using the app for quite some time to troubleshoot other Halls call-in and sound issues - I have been able to connect just fine as long as I have the right phone number and PIN.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I use version 1.0.9 on my laptop and it works good. I like the fact that is doesn't "install" in Windows, you just run the .exe file each time you use it. Just make sure you have the settings correct. The access phone number, the congregation "pin" number and your caller ID (the last four digits of your phone number)

Also, be sure the correct "Speakers" are chosen in settings.

Thanks Musky, can you direct me to the link where i can download version 1.0.9 please?

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Thanks Musky, can you direct me to the link where i can download version 1.0.9 please?

I'm not sure if the windows app is publicly available,it's on khconf wiki download page,may only be available to administrator for cong

I'm not sure if the windows app is publicly available,it's on khconf wiki download page,may only be available to administrator for cong

They probably changed the way they distribute it. It used to be available here, but the page has been taken down:

http://www.khconfwindowsapp.com/

Edited by Musky

mom use it on my windows pc the only problem i have had is 

some it will just hang up or there is a lot of back ground nose and that is all depending on the hall i call 

When the connection hangs up, does she get the default "the administrator is not currently connected to the conference" message?

If she gets the message, there's an issue with the KH equipment, wiring, or telephone/internet hookup. If the connection reverts to dead-air, the problem is in her equipment, wiring, or internet hookup.

• 7 months later...

I sent you a PM

Is there still a pc version of KH conf? If you could PM me the link I would greatly appreciate it as I am trying to help an infirm sister get it on her windows 7 system. Thanks

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

If this doesn't work could I use a phone emulator on her PC and set up the link through that?

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Our new system is phone based, cheaper, clearer sound, esp. with music, But tends to cut out a few seconds here & there.

We use KHconf at our hall too. I've shown my husband this thread because he takes care of KH conf. He is asking what the phone based system entails in terms of provider, equipment and monthly cost.

• 2 weeks later...

We are about to change from the phone based system to the KH Conf system shortly at our Kingdom Hall, seems that was the advice given by those who know about these sort of things.

Time is a great healer. Unless you've got a rash, then you're better off with ointment.

Holly - Red Dwarf

We cannot get KHConf, seems our local phone company doesn't support it, so we use mymeetings.org - so far, works great.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Is it possible to change the "default" congregation when connecting to the meeting? An older couple in our hall have to listen to a different congregation (in a different city) when they call in. I guess it has to do with the pin number they initially entered, but don't know how to reset it.

9 hours ago, Sylv said:

Is it possible to change the "default" congregation when connecting to the meeting? An older couple in our hall have to listen to a different congregation (in a different city) when they call in. I guess it has to do with the pin number they initially entered, but don't know how to reset it.

1. Click the gear icon in the main KHConf window.

2. In the new window, select the "Account" tab.

3. Enter the new access number and PIN. Note that BOTH need to be changed, as the access number is unique to each congregation account.

KHConf.thumb.png.d018e81092734a4b421d9218e082b6db.png

12 minutes ago, Stavro said:

1. Click the gear icon in the main KHConf window.

2. In the new window, select the "Account" tab.

3. Enter the new access number and PIN. Note that BOTH need to be changed, as the access number is unique to each congregation account.

KHConf.thumb.png.d018e81092734a4b421d9218e082b6db.png

Thanks, but we have to dial in by phone. Maybe we're not using this system (scratching my head).

2 minutes ago, Sylv said:

Thanks, but we have to dial in by phone. Maybe we're not using this system (scratching my head).

If you're using the Android or iOS app, the steps should be virtually identical. If you're dialing by phone, you would dial the new number just as if you were calling any other standard phone.

1 minute ago, Sylv said:

The problem is that we're only asked to enter the pin code on the phone the first time you dial in, then the system automatically connects to that hall the next time you call. There is no option to change the pin/hall.

Apparently one or both halls are using something other than KHConf. I'd recommend having the brothers in the sound department help set up the connection, since they'll have direct access to the service provider's tech support if there are any difficulties.